GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 66 : Blue Streak

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 250 comments
OK, I'm in [for a change]:

GTP_WRP_BlueStreak.jpg

Can't seem to get close to my best T1 time this evening, though I managed .3xx up at the line.

Using João's configuração (moito obrigado, mate 👍).

Is there a trick to the jump just after the circle? I wipe out there about 30% of the time the second I land - and if I happen to be working on a lap that is better than my previous best i wipe out like 80% of the time there. :ouch: :grumpy:

New Splits:

T1: 23.770
T2: 31.517

T3 was shaky at best, only 2 tenths faster at the line than my previous splits lap. I don't know if I can get faster through sector 2 but there is a lot of time in T3.

Is there a trick to the jump just after the circle? I wipe out there about 30% of the time the second I land - and if I happen to be working on a lap that is better than my previous best i wipe out like 80% of the time there. :ouch: :grumpy:

I just try to... Make sure you go over the jump with the car straight and settled and stay off the throttle and brake when you land. (When tires touch down)

Hope that helps, Al

mef
This was probably discussed ages ago but why are the races for this on Wednesday?

To account to different time zones and allow a maximum of people to attend Saturday night GMT would work much better (+ and - GMT time zones would have a chance to participate)

The official races happen on Wednesday. We do run an unofficial 'special format' on Saturdays @ 20:00 GMT.
For me to get to race the second race (NA Race) on Wednesday I have to get up Thursdays at 3:30 AM ... which I do sometimes. :sly:

The official races happen on Wednesday. We do run an unofficial 'special format' on Saturdays @ 20:00 GMT.
For me to get to race the second race (NA Race) on Wednesday I have to get up Thursdays at 3:30 AM ... which I do sometimes. :sly:

Hey, 3:30am you are dedicated. I couldn't see straight at that time!! Ahaa to be young again.......:sly:

I just try to... Make sure you go over the jump with the car straight and settled and stay off the throttle and brake when you land. (When tires touch down)

Hope that helps, Al

I do light braking just before going to the air so that it makes car's nose goes down and then jump is little lower and then braking also just after landing.

Update:-

I am still running as I might be able to beat this but after my current session I will be submitting, so these could be my final splits.:)

Ok, final splits:-

I don't think I'll ever get the perfect (for me) lap around here as there are too many places to gain or lose time, so I'm submitting with this.:)

This is my car, it's a bit late I know.:sly:

caperingperipheryy.jpg

Last edited:
I´m no tuner, i just throw some numbers and than drive and see if it´s fast, but give it a try, made same thing on last Seasonal TT and a lot of the WRS members liked it :dunce:

Your the man and I will try it tomorrow! Thanks for posting your tune.👍

Chris if you want to post your tune I would love to try it also.

Your the man and I will try it tomorrow! Thanks for posting your tune.👍

Chris if you want to post your tune I would love to try it also.
Huh, I could swear I saw Chris' set-up in this thread yesterday.

Huh, I could swear I saw Chris' set-up in this thread yesterday.

I saw his setup on here yesterday as well, it was posted an hour or so before Joao posted his. He may of taken it down because the tunes looked very similar from what I remember.

Thanks for the pictures guys.👍

Great car to look at...

caperingperipheryyd.jpg

72191921707bee86f2eab.jpg

gtpwrpbluestreak1.jpg

OP updated.

Last edited:
Have been trying this for the last couple of days - my times were worse but the driving felt faster and more on the edge.

Had another run and finally have some better splits :)

T1 23.784
T2 31.905

My t3 was quite poor, just from seeing the split at t2, so still got a few tenths to grab by the deadline with a bit of luck.

mef
This was probably discussed ages ago but why are the races for this on Wednesday?

To account to different time zones and allow a maximum of people to attend Saturday night GMT would work much better (+ and - GMT time zones would have a chance to participate)

As Speedy said, we often do run again on Saturdays, and a good number of people usually can make those. But the original reason for picking Wed's is this: The deadline for a time trial combo is Monday. After that, people can discuss their lap times, get some practice in on Tuesday, adjusting to the physics differences between offline and online, and then still have the combo fresh in their minds, come Wednesday. Then people can spend Thursday to the next Monday on the new time trial combo. Hopefully that makes sense.

New Splits:

T1: 23.770
T2: 31.517

T3 was shaky at best, only 2 tenths faster at the line than my previous splits lap. I don't know if I can get faster through sector 2 but there is a lot of time in T3.

Moooooooo! The flying saucer's tractor beam has caught you, Scott! Holy :drool:. I don't have my splits from last night handy, but I finally started seeing some 23.8's and 31.9's. You know a combo is good when you get really annoyed that you have to take a break for an oil change. :lol:

Also tried some laps online with Tim, and it felt good with Praiano's tune, but it's going to be an intense race. :crazy:

Timing of this event is pretty good... a friend just gave me 4 tickets to "Ferarri Racing Days" at Laguna Seca for Sunday. I wish I owned a Ferrari as I'd take it on track myself during the "customer lapping session". Kids are free so I only really need 2 tickets. :dopey: 💡 Anyone want to loan me a Ferrari for a day in exchange for two tickets :lol: :dunce:

I call my car a Ferrari, but in reality it's a Honda Fit(Jazz for the Europeans). Up to you if you want to use it Tim.

Timing of this event is pretty good... a friend just gave me 4 tickets to "Ferarri Racing Days" at Laguna Seca for Sunday. I wish I owned a Ferrari as I'd take it on track myself during the "customer lapping session". Kids are free so I only really need 2 tickets. :dopey: 💡 Anyone want to loan me a Ferrari for a day in exchange for two tickets :lol: :dunce:

Sure Tim, here is mine

CapeRingPeriferie.jpg
[/IMG]

Back