GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 66 : Blue Streak

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 250 comments
Sure, if you're willing to pay to have it flown from Cape Ring to California...

Timing of this event is pretty good... a friend just gave me 4 tickets to "Ferarri Racing Days" at Laguna Seca for Sunday. I wish I owned a Ferrari as I'd take it on track myself during the "customer lapping session". Kids are free so I only really need 2 tickets. :dopey: 💡 Anyone want to loan me a Ferrari for a day in exchange for two tickets :lol: :dunce:

I heard EDK loans out the Plum Krazy monster for special occassions and this would sure qualify! 👍

Modified Joaos tune for a DS3.

I increased his LSD accel to 27 decreased his rear spring by 0.4 swapped his camber front to back increased his rear ARB to 7 decreased his rear brake to 3.

Idk still tuning but I know Nine Hundreds on the hunt in D4 and maybe he would like to try it out.:)

I dont get my T2 time because I pulled the highest midcorner speed I ever did thru the corner after the jump on this lap it shoulda been a smoking T2 Ive done 31.8xx thru it before. But that was before I lowered the rear spring just to see if I could get a bit more traction over that crest in T1. Made me quicker thru T3 as well. Who knows I might have just made a hard to detect error in the ring...will have to chase and see.

Joaos tune and my modifications made me 1 second faster to the line so far. Thanks Joao for the great base tune to start tuning from for a DS3.👍

Edit: oops who wants a 1 second slow to T1 tune? haha

Last edited:
Finally have some splits worth posting:

Small amounts left in T1 and a little more left in T2 - hopefully more to come over the weekend. :cheers:

New splits:

Saw them and threw away a couple of tenths on the final sector, otherwise would have been a crazy lap.

Nice splits Scott and Ash32! Won't be catching them anytime soon.

So heres my modified for a DS3 Joao tune so far.

Full down force
His tranny
max min ride height
15.4 7.0
6 5
6 5
1 7
camber 1.0 1.5
toe 0.0 -0.65 (shoulda just did the negative rear toe to Joaos original tune at the get go. haha)

Lsd 7 27 9
BB 6 3

I'll give it a try. Not the best splits but I think I might be able to get them a little better with a little effort over the weekend.

Dont think I would ever be able to come close to the top D2 guys, but I am making progress in T1:

This may very well be all I have!

Last edited:
Slightly better splits but PB T3 by 6/10th's! I had no idea I was losing that much time there, now I just have to figure out T1 and 2!

Al

Fearing Scott's impending alien abduction, I tried my best to catch up and save him. :dopey: Not there yet, but that's my first .7 in T2. 👍 These first splits took over 500 miles to get. :ill:

Thanks to Joao for the tune! :cheers:

CapeRingPeriphery.jpg

Going to try and do what I did in the McLaren's and give this combo a last-minute thrashing. Hopefully I can make some time up on the D2 leaders.

Going to try and do what I did in the McLaren's and give this combo a last-minute thrashing. Hopefully I can make some time up on the D2 leaders.

You and me both - a bit of a Sunday/Monday thrash ;)

Glad to see that my tune helped, tried some modifications but keep coming back to it :crazy:

Managed some sub 55 at T2 but that chicane is hell, from full speed to 2nd gear on a blind turn :ouch:, but when you do it right it gives such a feeling :dunce:

Don't know why but can't figure how to get 23.4xx on T1 because only manage several high 23.5xx, doing something wrong but don't know where :ill:

Really enjoyed this track + car combo thanks. Here are my splits and time submitted also

Drove the above with a tune that is close to stock. More dampers and more camber and ride height -10 if I remember right.

What settings are other people using? I found this car behaved so well stock that any time I fiddled on settings (and not on my lines) was almost wasted.

Biffy
T1 - 23.554
T2 - 31.558

Seen quite a few low .4's in the first sector.

:bowdown: I don't think I can touch that. Won't have much time left to try but I will give it a shot Sunday night.

A personal best in both T1 and T3 on this lap, but blew the "gold" lap in T2:

32.209 👎

Looks like my best splits would leave me with at least a 4 tenths improvement so more work to.

Happy with the improvement, but still a lot of work to do, especially in T3.

Latest Posts

Back