Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original > Cape Ring Periphery
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Ferrari
  • Model: 430 Scuderia '07
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 587/588 BHP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight: 1119 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Tuning Modifications : Sports ECU Allowed,Engine Stage I,II,III NOT Allowed,(verifiable by checking redline on the tach).
  • Turbo or Supercharger : N/A
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications : Allowed
  • All non power Modifications : Allowed
  • Aero: Allowed,Wing has to be Type A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Tire Type: Sports Soft
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Blue and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • The Red painted part on the roundabout is not track

Steward's Comments:

acaperingperiphery6.jpg

Racers,have fun and let us enjoy your car creation in a picture.

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

acaperingperiphery8.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

acaperingperiphery3.jpg
caperingperiphery4.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 66 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, May 21 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

acaperingperiphery5.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

7191181184_35289ca239_z.jpg

caperingperipheryss.jpg

qcqtbninehunderd.jpg

ferrariscuderiabluscozi.jpg

caperingperiferiepoolha.jpg

caperingperipherytwissy.jpg

caperingperipherymcfizz.jpg

user170953pic4606413370.jpg

caperingperiphery11.jpg

caperingperipheryf.jpg

9vijid.jpg

caperingperipheryyd.jpg

72191921707bee86f2eab.jpg

gtpwrpbluestreak1.jpg

caperingperiferies.jpg

caperingperipheryya.jpg

caperingperipherya.jpg

caperingperipheryww.jpg

f430atcapering.jpg

caperingc.jpg

caperingperiferia1.jpg

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOO! I can't wait to get at this one. I have 3 Scuderia's in my garage! All tuned and broken in!

Al

Great combo Sjaak, nice track and one of my favorite cars. One matte black picture coming right up 👍

Just had to try it out as soon as I saw it.
Setup is crude and car isn't broken in yet.

Reminds me of last week where a lot of the time involves a tricky T3.

Last edited:
Same here, could not resist, just did a few laps in a fresh bought Scuderia 430. Just like last week this is very enjoyable combo 👍

First splits ;

Last edited:
Damn it, you're spoiling me :sly: The car just fits perfectly on this track..

T1 - 24.402
T2 - 33.198

T1 - 23.956
T2 - 32.438

Last edited:
Blu Scozia........................

ferrariscuderiabluscozi.jpg

.................if I can get up the nerve to get behind the wheel!

38.8 miles. :nervous: Nice combo, Sjaak!!

-

Last edited:
Sounds like its time to return to some WRS action! Combo sounds great Sjaak. Nice touch continuing with the photo taking after the Merc week

Sry for question, i have the german client installed and looking to drive the correct track.
I have Cape Ring complete, inner, outer, north and south. Which is the correct for Periphery ?
Thx...

Periphery is highly likely to be outer, as is synonymous. Viper can confirm probably

Edit: First 45 mins with brand new car

Will get a pic up later of the machine :D. Not sure I quite understand T1 as best in first 45 mins was a 24.3, T2 is just a nightmare....not sure whether to slow down over the jump, which gear to take it in. This track is amazing though, probably my favourite configuration of Cape ring.

Last edited:
Cape Ring Periphery:

imagesav.jpg

I will opdate the first post with this picture.👍

What a great car the Scuderia is! Just wow :)

My first try:

Got to find a better setup tough, but I must say the default setup is actually quite well balanced.

Sry for question, i have the german client installed and looking to drive the correct track.
I have Cape Ring complete, inner, outer, north and south. Which is the correct for Periphery ?
Thx...

Periphery is highly likely to be outer, as is synonymous. Viper can confirm probably

Cape Ring Außen = Cape Ring Periphery

The PAL game disc is multilingual. If you want to play GT5 in english, you have to set the system language to english (XMB: Einstellungen > System-Einstellungen > Systemsprache).

First Splits:

T1: 24.837
T2: 33.278

T1: 24.894
T2: 32.573

Much better. I know a lot of people complain about Cape Ring but I think it has a really nice flow to it. This is my first time doing Periphery and it may be my favorite of the variations. Nice combo Sjaak.👍

Last edited:

The amount of times... I've gone over the jump, landed on one wheel and slammed me into the wall... grrr

Last edited:
Never driven this track before so I took a couple of embarrassing wrong turns at first. :P

First two sectors seem fairly straightforward but T3 is just weird. No idea how to tackle the S's, now it's either slow or flying sideways off track.

So is the red paint w/ white slashes on the outside of the Helix (acending circle) considerd "run off "?

So is the red paint w/ white slashes on the outside of the Helix (acending circle) considerd "run off "?

From OP: "The Red painted part on the roundabout is not track"

-*-*-*-*-*-

Setup I'm using so far... Top speed is 185 in top box, NOT 200. Custom rims required for matching numbers.
7191205128_74dbbe57c7_z.jpg

My Scud!
7191181184_35289ca239_z.jpg

Obligatory jump photo!
7191184702_5a3b3f6b03_z.jpg

They don't make tarmac like they used to.... (Jump landing area)
7191184394_81c9658e95_z.jpg

Snaking turns
7191183246_d3738bfa9c_z.jpg

Splits:

Last edited:
Really great car, was the second car I ever bought in the game lol.
Have bought a new one though because I'm pretty sure I had the engine mods which are not allowed.

First splits

T1 24.324
T2 32.316

Nice rhythm to the track once I figured out where to brake and shift, think I got lucky round the spiral, never can tell when to fully open the throttle.
Sector 3 is slow for me, lots of oversteer through the final few turns.

First splits, needed a break from my hated Fuji. :sly:

Never drove this car before, had a brand new one in the garage with 0 miles.
Pretty sweat ride, just have to learn to tame it. :scared:

EDIT: New splits, better T1 & OA.

Last edited:
Back