GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 70 : The Legacy , (really?)

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 116 comments
refuse to miss out on a podium because of my final sector this week :). So I have spent 3 full sessions working on T3, and it's paying off 👍

Maybe time tomorrow for some T2 work. Done for the day.

Lucas, when/how does that happen? Is this the same thing someone was talking about last week when they mentioned "refreshing your ghost"?

corne said the Save Best Lap Replay button wouldn't allow him to save. I assumed this meant that he had already saved the best lap of the session, but that he continued to race against it, due to it being dirty/questionable. If you do that, you have to beat the dirty time in order to be allowed to save a new Best Lap. If you exit Arcade Mode and come back in, however, and load the dirty ghost, then you will be allowed to save a new Best Lap, even if you don't beat the dirty ghost.

EDIT: Nice splits there, transamguy. 👍

Thanks Lucas, I was missing some of the context to make sense of it all.

My T3 is much better, now. I might still try to improve, but Motegi is calling...

I think I'll put one more run into this later as I don't think my lap is good enough to get me a podium since the top 4 D3 are separated by .06 on the board.

I managed a 28.4xx in T1 but the rest of the lap was a desaster. I tried a lot but nothing resulted in a better overall lap time. If time permits I give it a last try tomorrow in the evening.

Bad T1, gained a bit on T2. 10th or so up at the line.

A couple laps after the above, I was miles ahead of my ghost but that stupid left header before the hill in T2 :grumpy: Just got on the power a tad to early and gave the paint work a nice scratch!

I'll probably submit with this lap, only managed around 15 laps this week and doubt I'll get on again.

Oh yeah, magic lap hit, with PB's in T1 and T3. :cool: Almost 0.4 at the line.
BB 3/4 and TQ 40/60

I've submitted with the splits on the board. I've had a few faster laps but they were all dirty, not a good week for me again just like last week.:(

could I get someone to verify this for me. I remember a previous discussion about this scenerio, and believe it was decided that the moss is considered to be on the rumble and therefore legal and clean. I hate to submit something that is even marginal, but this was my best and i'm out of time. I reveiwed this for an hour and this was the closest I got to dirty. Thanks

June18.jpg

Just realized it's Monday, don't have lots of time to improve my time :crazy:

^ I'm not quite sure about the moss but the tire above seems to lick the outer part of the white rumble

I think it best to get a word from one of our friendly neighbourhood admins on that transamguy - certainly close to the wire.

I'm stuck with what I've got on the board - since my Husky yanked me out of my skin trying to chase a rabbit the other day, I've pulled a muscle in my lower back and have had a fair amount of pain. My wheel and seat setup is only a deskchair - not the most comfortable during extended use as the seat rotates and is hard to keep a straight sitting position. Basically, I'm out of it for a while - the physio said no exercise for 2 weeks but WRS doesn't really class as exercise :sly: so hopefully only a few days... Still, no more runs on this one and submitted with current splits.

Great splits Lucas 👍

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm waiting for an admin to respond, but i am off to bed (work midnights). I submitted the lap. I hope this doesn't cause any problems and will withdrawl if necessary, but this lap was more then a tenth faster then any other replay I saved, so I am risking it based on previous info that the moss is growing on the rumble and therfore I am on the rumble. Thanks for your help folks. Good luck all !

BTW. I believe it was week 56 when we ran deep forest reverse. but I can't find the forums and I'm too tired.

The line there is the grey cobbles. You're correct that the moss is growing on the rumble, so the moss is considered legal. Having a constantly moving jagged line as the borderline would just be way too hard.

I'm done too, and about to submit, so may the best T3 win it! :cheers:

T1: 28.026
T2: 32.428

Submitted, good luck everyone.:cheers:

Very nice splits Wes mate, those would both be PBs for me. Looks like you've got a great lap there. 👍

I haven't ran another session, but I don't think there's much more in it for me. Will be interesting to see where how my T3 holds up though as this was the first time I'd really given Deep Forest a proper go.

Before I submit, the replay of my fastest lap has my PS3 username instead of my PSN GTP tag as I was having trouble with the internet. Is it still ok to submit this one admins?

Scary splits Lucas. :scared: (👍 ;))

I did a better lap over the weekend - over 0.2 better. Not a great T1 but T2 and T3 that I can't get anywhere near, so submitting with -

32.587 :D - crazy, and no idea how I did this. It felt the same as other laps but I drove straight through my ghost going up the hill towards the tunnel. A one-off I think.

Good luck everyone! :cheers:

Very nice splits Wes mate, those would both be PBs for me. Looks like you've got a great lap there. 👍

I haven't ran another session, but I don't think there's much more in it for me. Will be interesting to see where how my T3 holds up though as this was the first time I'd really given Deep Forest a proper go.

Before I submit, the replay of my fastest lap has my PS3 username instead of my PSN GTP tag as I was having trouble with the internet. Is it still ok to submit this one admins?
Thanks Jack, they're about PB splits for me as well. It was great to hit my magic lap' a little early this week (friday) as I could completely focus on GT academy.

A tip from me is to change your XMB username to GTP_Jett, that way even if you're not signed into PSN you can still compete in WRS. Obviously you can't do anything about this run anymore. I'm not sure if you're allowed to submit, wait for an official word.

Thanks Jack, they're about PB splits for me as well. It was great to hit my magic lap' a little early this week (friday) as I could completely focus on GT academy.

Uhh, I hadn't seen them, Wes and hadn't looked at the leaderboard... amazing splits mate. 👍 I saw one 1st sector of 27.9 but couldn't hold the lap. Not seen any 32.4 2nd sectors at all. Nearly, but never made it... My current 3rd sector is my best by half a tenth though. Good luck you two (Wes and Jack). :cheers:

@Chris....sorry to hear about your back. I can certainly feel your pain as I have a bad lower back and the smallest twitch can at times lay me up for two weeks at a time. Get well soon! And nice splits you last posted. Also, your vid certainly helped in T1.

Stayed with the same settings as last I posted. EDIT: black car, :lol:
I have been trying to better those PBs, but I seem to have run out of time.

Going to watch the CWS. Depending on the score of the Gators, far behind or far ahead, I may not get another chance at this.

Nice combo, Pekka!!

Some cracking splits up there (Shawn, Lucas 👍)... here's some that aren't:

Submitting.

Thoroughly underwhelmed with this lap, but it's nonetheless the fastest submittable one I have from my last two sessions. More later, when I can use actual numbers to properly deplore my own idiocy..

I really need some magic lessons. Does Hogwarts offer night classes? :dopey:

Submitting with these.

Not really satisfied but unfortunatly I have no more time...

Great splits Lucas 👍

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Scary splits Lucas. :scared: (👍 ;))

Good luck everyone! :cheers:

Some cracking splits up there (Shawn, Lucas 👍)... here's some that aren't:

I really need some magic lessons. Does Hogwarts offer night classes? :dopey:

Thanks Chris, Christina, and Ren. :D Good luck to you all, too. :cheers:

Ren, the magic for me this time was telling myself it was time to quit for the night, and then instead going with my instinct. First lap out after that...solid. Just had to scare it out of me. :lol:

Back