GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 74 : Tricky Little B*%#+ !

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 173 comments
I must say when I first read the specs for this combo I wasn't looking forward too it as I never realy liked this track. My living room gets alot of sun this time of year so it is hard too see where you are going.

But man was I wrong This is a blast having way too much fun

some early splits

After a few laps getting used to this combo, I find it very enjoyable 👍

Funny how at first I thought it would be impossible to take some corners flat out (e.g., the left/right combo at the end of T2), but now I find it rather easy to do!

That last right in T1, though, boy... I was actually slowing down before taking it, and then I saw Chris's video (which helped a lot, thanks Chris!). But I still struggle with that part, as I often unsettle the car now when taking that turn full speed...

This one definitely is tricky lol, just can never get the left after t1 sorted :yuck:

This is a great combo to practice smooth inputs with.

2nd try found some time in first two sectors and .6 in the last :).

I'm done with this one, the lack of rear grip is unbearable.

Last edited:
First 50 laps for me, keep messing the 1st corner up :nervous:

We will see what the week brings, but this car isn´t so bad as I tought in the beginning.

Using B/B 3/3

Sorry I been running on the wrong track ......... lol :dunce:
Later on as I was looking at the leader board it hit me, "the wrong track is pictured on the leader board" oh well at least I'm ok now :)

It's fixed now. :)

First session, must say it is quite a difference steppin in this car afther driving the monster around the valley :)

Edit ;

Once I got the feelin' on the car, sectors start improving, to my suprise this might be a quit fun tt.

Last edited:

Oh sure, I decide to switch to the wheel and you guys bring out a goofy tire combo. :odd: Spent 15 minutes trying to make it around once and went back to the DS3. :lol:

Once I figured out how to drive it things were pretty fun around this track. The night city tracks have always been my favorites and the car isn't bad despite having that hideous war wound of a front bumper. :D

T1: 22.945
T2: 18.566

I guess you could say that I got a grip on Sec 2 :lol:

T1: 23.082
T2: 18.408

This is just like driving on dirt, what a hoot 👍

------------------- I been cooled off ------------------------
good job "V"

Last edited:
I guess you could say that I got a grip on Sec 2 :lol:
Sweet sector 2 Lefty. 👍 I'm starting to see 18.3s there now but have yet to capitalise on it. Still making small steps though...

Fastest 1st sector so far but my 3rd sector is about 0.2 or so off my best and have seen a 2nd sector of 18.371 earlier so looking for a few tenths more on the lap.

Edit: I'm not going 1 second faster through sector 1... :P

Last edited:
Woohoo, getting used to this combo. I really enjoy these low(ish) powered cars. I'm not sure which one I've enjoyed the most... the Mini @ London reverse, the Renault @ Suzuka east or this...

T1: 23.013
T2: 18.783

I'm seeing some faster T1's but considerably slower T2's on the same lap.

Sorry Lefty, I'm stealing your red sector 2 :sly:

Only up just over 2 hundredths at the line so still looking for a few tenths. Loving this combo Kev mate. 👍

have seen a 2nd sector of 19.371 earlier

That's either a typo or your talking about watching someone else drive :crazy:

---------------- total ego craxh -----------------------------

Sorry Lefty, I'm stealing your red sector 2 :sly:

At least it was you who took it back 👍 :lol:

I guess I was abducted by aliens cause I was thinking I was one :lol:

That's either a typo or your talking about watching someone else drive :crazy:
:lol: I've got dyslexic fingers tonight. Apparently they thought I did a 1st sector of 21 seconds earlier too.

Edit - fixed it now, thanks mate. 👍 :P

T2 is slower, sharp turn after T1 giving me a problem can't figure that one out yet. Getting more used to trail-braking/throttle use.

Firecracker

T2 is slower, sharp turn after T1 giving me a problem can't figure that one out yet. Getting more used to trail-braking/throttle use.

I had some problems the first few laps as well. For me, best results were from the middle of the track. Brake earlier than you think you need to and concentrate on a smooth entry. Swinging out too wide out of here seems to put tenths in a black hole by the time you get to the last two turns. Our I'm still doing it wrong. :D

I managed to shave off about 0.6s off my lap, but it was all in T3 with T1 and T2 almost identical to my previous splits, so I won't bother posting them for now.

My first splits for this one. Using BB 2/1.

More in it, for sure. I've seen a few better T1's, and think I need to work on carrying more speed into the tunnel.

I had some problems the first few laps as well. For me, best results were from the middle of the track. Brake earlier than you think you need to and concentrate on a smooth entry. Swinging out too wide out of here seems to put tenths in a black hole by the time you get to the last two turns. Our I'm still doing it wrong. :D
Aw yes, I think that I am braking too late and having to get back on it in the apex. Will try you're advise!! Thanks. 👍 I will also try EDK's BB 2/1. Using BB 3/3 now.

Last edited:
First splits:

I'm glad it's late and there's no one on the streets. There's dangerous drivers about.

1st try, took me a while to get to it. Love this little challenge! WTG Kevin and Pekka!

Al

Last edited:
Had a good session this morning. Made progress. Best laps done using BB on 8/8.

Small improvement at splits but shaved almost 3/10's off total time, still looking for 6/10's though

Back