GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 74 : Tricky Little B*%#+ !

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 173 comments
So much fun. But this it for this morning, back to the Audi for the rest of the day.

Al

This lap is good for my ego as it moves me up the leaderboard. Sadly, I messed up sector three so only three hundredths up at the line.

Short session gave improvement.

I'm hoping for a improvement in T2.

Last edited:
I'm back home, and these are my splits after 20 laps. Nice combo!

I'm going to be busy the rest of the week but I'll hopefully run some more this weekend. Gonna submit just in case. Come on D4, go go go..

Did another 25 laps, best first and second sector times, but I left 0.350 in my last sector, wich resulted in a better laptime with only 0.052... I think I should be able to improve with half a second, but that would mean running my perfect lap.

Found some more time on the track. :sly:

Good times you have there 👍 Nice competition in our division. I was able to improve on my laptime, but pretty much the same times in first two sectors.

Wow. This one is addictive ! Every 10 laps my overall goal time is changing, just trying to put it all together. I can hear footsteps behind me :scared: . So time to amp things up :)

This was my first dip into the 41.1xx's. But as usual I left a couple .1's in T3:yuck:

BB 2/6

Very little improvement overall, though, I'm gonna have to study my previous best lap to see how I got a much better T3...

Firecracker, great splits! It looks like you're stepping up your game to the next level this week 👍

Did a session with 1/2 BB and 10 ABS tonight. The 1/2 helps more in the last couple turns than anywhere else, I've found. It's also tough to change that setting mid session, after you are in a rhythm. I did last night, and promptly started tapping walls due to small nuance changes in the needed technique.

I picked up nearly 0.4 at the line as well. :)

EDK
Did a session with 1/2 BB and 10 ABS tonight. The 1/2 helps more in the last couple turns than anywhere else, I've found. It's also tough to change that setting mid session, after you are in a rhythm. I did last night, and promptly started tapping walls due to small nuance changes in the needed technique.

I picked up nearly 0.4 at the line as well. :)
And just as I was liking you're 2/1 setting!! :)

And just as I was liking you're 2/1 setting!! :)

2/1 is safe and stable, it keeps the back end from kicking out.

But you really want it to kick out a bit in the first and last turns, if you're going to be really fast there. It's a subtle difference, but if you can control it with the 1/2, I would recommend.

Good times you have there 👍 Nice competition in our division. I was able to improve on my laptime, but pretty much the same times in first two sectors.
Thank you! Always a pleasure to be close enough to see you're taillights, but the reverse would be better......:sly:

EDK
2/1 is safe and stable, it keeps the back end from kicking out.

But you really want it to kick out a bit in the first and last turns, if you're going to be really fast there. It's a subtle difference, but if you can control it with the 1/2, I would recommend.
Ah Ha! I always try what setup you recommend especially because we use the same wheel.

Tried to beat my showz but could only manage to improve on my OT. I have beat my T1 a bunch but ol T2 comes blowing by and then I make the pass out of the last turn and beat my OT and then I have to load up my fast showz ghoast again or I beat my showz and blow the last turn and ghosty passes me and it won't let me save it. :lol:

Looked to be a great combo and it certainly didn't disappoint! First session:

T1: 22.687
T2: 18.400

Done with ABS set at 7 and BB at 5/5.

Looked to be a great combo and it certainly didn't disappoint! First session:

T1: 22.687
T2: 18.400

Done with ABS set at 7 and BB at 5/5.

Who invited you!! :sly:

Welcome Nick! nice times too 👍.

I had another quick hour run and wasn't able to improve, submitting now as I will be away until Tuesday (once I remember how :dopey: ).

Fingers crossed I don't drop too far down :dopey:

Thanks Chris for the write up 👍, it did help me but unfortunately I was running crap in the other sectors instead :lol:... ahh.. good ole WRS

Gave it another 10 laps and i managed this splits with a PB sector 3

Too bad I lost 2 tenths in sector 2

After 5 laps, I improved my sector 3 by a little more than one tenth, I think I've pretty much nailed it.
But now I lost 2 tenths in sector 1 :(

This adds to 2.5 improvent to yesterday's best lap.

Last edited:
Slightly slower split but PB T1 and picked up .15 at the line with a slightly better then average T3. I'm within .2 of my overall goal now. I was sticking with my 2/6 BB, but decided to try 4/5 and this was the result on my 4th lap :)

If your running a manual tranny, then the downshifts are very important, downshift too early and you'll throw it into a slide. Downshift too late and it will oversteer. I like to brake hard, then trail brake, staying slightly outside the apex and then downshift to bring me into the apex and back to the throttle.👍

1st session splits:

There is about 0.3 seconds left on the track for me.
4th gear down the first corner , down shift to 3rd mid corner. Next corner full throttle.
And 4th gear on entry - mid. of the 2nd to last corner , down shift to 3rd for exit.
Staying on the throttle (on mid corner/entry) helps to maintain grip and control.

ABS 3 brakes 0/2

Yah ya did, I've been waiting for my wake up call. This could be a hole card showdown and more then likely be a battle of the thousandths. Good job

Hopefully so. It took me almost 50 laps to get to where I was comfortable with the car. I had a few 22.7 T1s but always messed up the lap later on. Then there was a string of laps where I couldn't get through the tunnel fast enough to keep up with the ghost.

Another session, I still think there is a few more tenths left on the track. Very nice D4 battle going on this week! Well done Mr. Firecracker!!!!!!!

Al

T1: 22.469
T2: 18.466
I still don't like it. Amazing second sectors Chris, I think this one posted is probably my best one yet.
We're in front of 3 aliens.:scared:

I still don't like it.

Funny, after running 3 sessions, I hardly even notice the staggered compounds. I liken it to driving the Lotus Elise 111R. Tiny, accurate, steering inputs and great throttle control are needed, and if you miss on either, the car punishes you in a big way.

Loving the great turnout and great competition. This is going to be a tight week on the leaderboard, keep chasing those thousandths!

EDK
Loving the great turnout and great competition. This is going to be a tight week on the leaderboard, keep chasing those thousandths!

Okay, if you say so...

Freak-ish fast lap with a horrible T3, but a personal benchmark thru T2, so I'll chase it. :)

Back