GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 77 : Two Ton Roadhammer

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 153 comments
Very quick try before i break the engine in.

Last time before breaking in the engine

Last edited:
You just post them like that. You're on the leaderboard now. 👍

pilmat
This is some kind of punishment for the grip from last week? :lol:

I kind of like it actually. :) Feels great when you nail it and spray a cloud of dust and water on the guardrail.

manumanu19
Very quick try before i break the engine in. How do you submit the splits to the fetchbot

You just did. 👍 Post you're splits here for the leaderboard and PM fetchy your total lap time. There is a link in the OP.

EDIT: tree'd by Gravi! :eek:

Nice times Christina and Gerchu, I'm not sure how you're getting through t2 that quick.

I can't get the front end to stop sliding.

Nice times Christina and Gerchu, I'm not sure how you're getting through t2 that quick.

I can't get the front end to stop sliding.

I'll upload the tune I'm using. Not sure if it will helpful.

I've gotta see somebody else's tune. The last corner before the tunnel is killing me. I've got it dialed in for the first and last sweepers but my early tune was ideal for the S turn. Currently I can run ahead of my own ghost to the bridge only to see it launch into the tunnel like it had on rockets. Typically I'll go from even to 0.6 behind from the start of the tunnel to the timing stripe.

I'm with Zippy. I could definitely use a tune. I really don't like how the car feels in turn 2, 3, or 4.

My sector 2 time is actually worse even though my overall time has improved, consistent with having tuned for the sweepers. Arrghh.

My sector 2 time is actually worse even though my overall time has improved, consistent with having tuned for the sweepers. Arrghh.

Try it with driving line on it might help. Helped me in sector 1

Next session for me, had a pretty good lap.

Using BB 3/1 and a modified Praiano tune

I erased a lap because I didn't think it was clean. If you're wondering, I did a big drift on the second-to-last corner and went a little too far to the right, sliding enough so that only one tire was on the rumble strip.

Then I improved it...here are my splits.

S1 - 27.434
S2 - 20.905

Last edited:
If the other three are on grass it's dirty, if they're on concrete you're fine.

You might want to remove that lap time, you're not supposed to share that info, also lose the replay and read the op to get familiar the rules.

Why does this thing feel like the Peugeot all over again ? :banghead:

At full power now and haven't had an improvement worth posting... I miss race cars!

But one cool thing is the different people playing this week, it's good to see that kind of variety :)

Might get a few laps in on this, between working and laying a patio in the back garden. :crazy:

I don't even have the car yet :ouch:

A couple new splits. Hopefully a good wet tune can help me drop some time. Anyone know how to tune for the rain?

Anyone know how to tune for the rain?

In a real car, yeah, but in GT5 I'm as lost as you :( In a real car you reduce the ARB settings (infact often disconnect the rear) and soften the shocks, especially on rebound. Also remove camber (the tire will deflect much less due to the lower loads) and of course crank on more wing (if you have them).

So far I've used a bunch of different tunes and gone virtually the same speed with them all, including stock! My OA time has only come down a couple of tenths since I started trying.

The thing with this track/weather is that, like on a real track, the regular line will not do. It is covered with rubber and provides less grip than off line. Think more like: brake just inside the line, slide over the line and hold just outside and be careful at the corner exit because it gets slippery again on the rubber. Some more experienced GT5er may contradict me (and likely prove me wrong:)), but this is what I have found so far.

1st try and really have not given it much of a drive yet, maybe 12 laps.

Al

2nd session, still using stock tune.

I never thought driving a wagon would be so fun, and in the rain!:dopey:

Two tonnes of terror going much too fast. Nice.

Last edited:
The thing with this track/weather is that, like on a real track, the regular line will not do. It is covered with rubber and provides less grip than off line. Think more like: brake just inside the line, slide over the line and hold just outside and be careful at the corner exit because it gets slippery again on the rubber. Some more experienced GT5er may contradict me (and likely prove me wrong:)), but this is what I have found so far.

So, use the same apex but different entry/exit?

I am going to submit my time for the week, my G27 is in transit back to Logitech. Good Luck everyone!

Back