GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 82 : Return To Trial Mountain

• Thread starter Hydro
  • 142 comments
Just keep it clean, gentlemen.

Frank, your scenario would mean that we'd have to verify using the inside edge of the tire, and that can be painful due to the darkness under the car.

Frank, you're correct. 👍
The verification point will be the inside edge of the tire. But think about how much trouble you want your reviewer to go to...

For the online race, with Edge Grip = Real, you won't want to hit anything but tarmac. 👍

Thank you for clarifying. I almost always respect the track boundries, but occasionally it happens you run slightly off, now we know excactly what is allowed. In fact I would be happy if this rule would always be applied to the TT's.

I've loved this car since it was released but never really had a chance to drive it. The car isn't tuned or broken in yet and there's lots of time to gain but I really like this combo after only a few laps and I will definitely try to find some extra hours this week over the 3 or 4 I usually get to put in some laps. The refined rules make for some extra enjoyment.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying. I almost always respect the track boundries, but occasionally it happens you run slightly off, now we know excactly what is allowed. In fact I would be happy if this rule would always be applied to the TT's.

I got a good laugh from that Frank 👍
Almost always? ;)

I got a good laugh from that Frank 👍
Almost always? ;)

:) Ok, so I meant, I always respect the track boundries. What could be called normal behaviour, as track is made to race on, the green things alongside the track is called gras and should be used to play football, and yes in some countries they even play tennis on it ;)

Back from vacation, here are some openers for me. Had a couple faster saved laps with better splits, but had some slight offs on those. Going to be a challenge for the bumper cam drivers to keep it in bounds this week, but not much different than a city track. Just pretend that's a wall there, and you'll adjust your driving. ;)

My Tune -

EDK Tune
RH 50/-20
Springs 15.0/5.0
Damp (Ext and Comp) 10/4
ARB 1/7
Camber 3.0/1/0
Toe 0/-0.20

LSD 8/35/18

Aero = Max

BB 1/4

Transmission
Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Set

Final = 4000

A slight boundary update has been added to the OP:
Update: These 3 corners are exempt from the 4 wheels on the track rule. The first two turns are in T2 and the third one is in T3.

TrialMountainCircuit-1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_2-1.jpg

It's really difficult to tell where the tarmac boundary ends (the lines aren't straight and colour similarities make it even harder to judge) and the white line is too far off the corner to be a realistic border so in these 3 corners the normal boundary rules apply. As long as there is no wall contact and 2 tires remain on the Tarmac the corners are clean.

:cheers:

Had a quick go while breaking the car in.

Edit:

Last edited:
If you would have showed the views from the back of the car I might be able to pick out the subject corners!!

:lol:
The first 2 corners are the ones after the T1 split marker, as the track crests and goes back downhill.
The third is the only corner in T3 that could possibly have the issue - the second part of the T3 chicane ;)

:lol:
The first 2 corners are the ones after the T1 split marker, as the track crests and goes back downhill.
The third is the only corner in T3 that could possibly have the issue - the second part of the T3 chicane ;)
I didn't see it as funny, that's why I asked!! And you're text and pictures to me weren't clear. Pardon me for asking!! 👎

I didn't see it as funny, that's why I asked!! And you're text and pictures to me weren't clear. Pardon me for asking!! 👎

I was laughing because it never ocurred to me to use the rear view for the pics. No need to take it that way :)

Edit: first splits:

Still all over the place tuning wise, with a generic tranny trick setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
First splits to post:

Marc, I read the clarification on the turns thru the esses, and that makes sense. Could you clarify the left hand side of the straight prior to the tunnel? I am especialy interested in the portion as you come out of the right hander with the yellow striping. If you go wide coming onto the straight, it is possible to get you left tires in what seems to be track and or a horizontal rock face. How far to the left can one be and still be considered legal?

I would assume this to be legal:

Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg

But this I am not sure:

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

In that case the boundary is the tarmac edge which is right under the left side exhaust pipe in pic 1.
I can't tell if the tire is on the tarmac there though due to the pic angle, so I wouldn't rule on it as-is.
The second pic is OB.

In that case the boundary is the tarmac edge which is right under the left side exhaust pipe in pic 1.
I can't tell if the tire is on the tarmac there though due to the pic angle, so I wouldn't rule on it as-is.
The second pic is OB.

Cool. Thanks for clarification. I guess I'll have to keep my splits and throw that one away!:ouch:

Cool. Thanks for clarification. I guess I'll have to keep my splits and throw that one away!

Are both shots from the same replay?
Pic 1 might be legal, I just can't clearly see the tire's right side. It sort of looks like the whole tire is on the concrete / moss though.

Are both shots from the same replay?
Pic 1 might be legal, I just can't clearly see the tire's right side. It sort of looks like the whole tire is on the concrete / moss though.

Yea, darn it. Both from the same replay. A great lap otherwise, and I probably could have kept the car further to the right, but I just let it drift over! The lap is a full 2 tenths better than the one I posted, but at least I know what I can accomplish. There's a whole week ahead:)

I was laughing because it never ocurred to me to use the rear view for the pics. No need to take it that way :)

Edit: first splits:

Still all over the place tuning wise, with a generic tranny trick setup.
OK, that little laughing thing is clarified. I'm OK with that then. have a great day! :lol:

Going to get started on this.

17 laps done so far. My setup is leaning more to the understeer side of it, which I don't really like at all. Going to need some adjusting on that before I run my next session.

Last edited:
Very weird driving in the "middle of the road" and not being able to do typical WRS lines!

First run and best clean lap:

Still a lot to come, but I'm a bit freaked by the dirty zones.

Very weird driving in the "middle of the road" and not being able to do typical WRS lines!

Still a lot to come, but I'm a bit freaked by the dirty zones.

In my opinion we should always run like this, being with half your car next to the track is not how it is supposed to be....

Just takes some getting use to the different rules, but I'm not bothered by it that much. Means having to run a different line where previously it was possible to almost straight line some corners.

I agree with you in principle, Frank. I too like the pureness of driving a car on its limits and staying in-bounds. But tin-tops (sedans), especially ones that are very close to stock, will always reward "throwing" them over the curbs. Even F1 tracks are obligated to have FIA curbing (steep and aggressive) to keep F1s from using the grass.

So it is a challenge for PD to penalize us (through aggressive curbing, icy grass that sticks to tires, etc) to keep us on the asphalt, because racers will always find a way of going faster :) But this week's TT is fun, just a pain for reviewers!

• Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed - Default Setting Required (verifiable in replay)

How is the Superchareger verifiable in the replay? I didn't notice any difference in the replay (HUD,Sound) between Supercharger installed and Supercharger not installed.

How is the Superchareger verifiable in the replay? I didn't notice any difference in the replay (HUD,Sound) between Supercharger installed and Supercharger not installed.

Because you would be going 180mph up the back straight? Of course with a few tweaks of the tranny and judicious use of the throttle, one could conveivably do a decent job of covering it up. I haven't looked at redline with or without it, but wouldn't you have to change the gearing to keep the car from exeeding a speed it's capable of with out it? Then one could match rpm to speed and know something wasn't right. All it would take would be 5 or 6 mph over what it's capable of to know something was up.

Last edited:
Because you would be going 180mph up the back straight? Of course with a few tweaks of the tranny and judicious use of the throttle, one could conveivably do a decent job of covering it up. I haven't looked at redline with or without it, but wouldn't you have to change the gearing to keep the car from exeeding a speed it's capable of with out it? Then one could match rpm to speed and know something wasn't right. All it would take would be 5 or 6 mph over what it's capable of to know something was up.

Or one could use the power limiter.

Back