GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 82 : Return To Trial Mountain

• Thread starter Hydro
  • 142 comments

How you guys are managing 20.5 and less I can't figure out. Even when I cut the chicane bad enough to be dirty my best is .56x.

Found that not downshifting in the t1 chicane fixed my t1 problem, but I still managed to blow the sector on this attempt :(

Last edited:

How you guys are managing 20.5 and less I can't figure out. Even when I cut the chicane bad enough to be dirty my best is .56x.

Found that not downshifting in the t1 chicane fixed my t1 problem, but I still managed to blow the sector on this attempt :(
I find that turn 2, the right-hander, after the uphill the rpm's bog down (3rd gear)and slows my time through T1.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help anyone as I'm not great a doing guides but watched back my T1 and this is what I do..

Turn 1 - You should be around 130mph over the start line then get as far right as you can. Aim your left tires for the kerb on the left, I use the brake ever so slighty before hitting kerb at 126mph and a little more brake before the second kerb and I'm around 112mph on exit. :crazy:

Turn 2 - Top of the hill at 120mph just as you get to the kerb on the left BRAKE, hit apex/ kerb on right at around 65mph in 2nd gear and power up the hill.

Noticed I was changing gear between 8500-9000revs for most of my lap don't know If that will help getting up those hills. Anyway hope this helps.... :)

This was frustrating me earlier, but then I settled down with it, and started hitting some apexes. :D

Marc, your T1 slack appears to have been absorbed by your RED T2! :eek:

This lap has an average T3 + T4, so still hunting. 👍 At least this one is super-clean.

Yes Joao no problem just spray air inside where the brake pedal is and it will clean no need to remove anything :) it worked twice for me.

Thanks for the tip Mike, tried it but didn't work :ouch:
Start to believe that can be worst than the normal "clean up situation" but how can i now if i can't take the lid off? :banghead:

And now is getting worst....this together with the fact that everytime i manage a good time and check the lap it's dirty :ouch:...please guys don't do this anymore and i think the low participation this week as to do with being so difficult to be clean.

On a moment that my flickering brake gave me a rest got

Seen some 24.8xx on t2 and loose almost three tenth to the line but doubt can do much better

Thanks for the tip Mike, tried it but didn't work :ouch:
Start to believe that can be worst than the normal "clean up situation" but how can i now if i can't take the lid off? :banghead:

And now is getting worst....this together with the fact that everytime i manage a good time and check the lap it's dirty :ouch:...please guys don't do this anymore and i think the low participation this week as to do with being so difficult to be clean.

On a moment that my flickering brake gave me a rest got

Seen some 24.8xx on t2 and loose almost three tenth to the line but doubt can do much better

Oh :nervous:, i agree it may need more than cleaning then, still worth trying if you ever are able to remove the lid, goodluck with it! its really annoying when it happen :scared:

I tried the combo yesterday, just a quick 20 minutes session, was focused on T1 mostly, i wont be able to run enought to post, and im away from the PS3 today and tomorow.

I had a 20,208 on T1 but noticed it was dirty :ouch:, not by a lot, but still dirty... its hard to get it right every lap, i tried giving 10kg ballast at 50 position, it had a little better turn-in, but i think it can be as fast without it though...

Goodluck everyone :)

I think this combo is very tricky to be clean and I think I understand the update to the 4 wheel rule but not so much. The turns indicated talk about the narrow brown strip at the edge of the track that is difficult to differenciat from the black tarmac. My head scratcher is about that edged work used elseware on the track. I just know that I'm going to be busted using it because I know that I will have guessed incorrectly or something. Since the turns don't have a name or a number can someone who knows the turns that can be overlooked and an accomidation has been given for them, please use the map to indicate which turns we can abuse? Thankzz

The corners indicated by the arrows are the exempt corners - They are really more like bends.
TMRmap.png

The pics are in order here to match the corners:
1. The bend right after the first turn in T2.
TrialMountainCircuit-1.jpg

2. The bend immediately after pic 1.
TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

3. The second bend after exiting the tunnel in T3.
TrialMountainCircuit_2-1.jpg

The rest of the track should be no problem at all, except the first chicane, but no matter where that boundary is it's always a tight line and a very close call.

Last edited:
Thanks Hydro :) What a shame that all the turns that have that type of edge work couldn't have had that exception. It would have been a safe call because I think that there is mountain, as a wall edge, next to that perticular type of little brown strip.

So just to be clear, if 90% our tires are on red and white rumble and 10% is touching conc it's durty and if our tires are on 90% tarmac and 10% brown strip it's dirty unless it's in the areas that have been given the allowance correct?

Yup, but more like 99% :sly:
In this pic, the car could be over to the right by about 2 feet and still be clean, exactly the same as in other weeks, just using the outside tire instead of the inside one to judge the car being OB or not.
uphill1clean.jpg

It's crystal-clear to me, Marc. 👍

Drop me down a few hundo's on the LB to account for a PB in T3. :D This lap is so clean, it's scary.

Still looking for about 0.3 overall.

I hate being such a stickler for the details but here are a few questions I have:

In this first pic it shows the last allowance turn, I take it that the farthest that we can go in is #2 (the green border) or is it #1 the wall?

2aflqw1.jpg

In this next pic I would say that the rear tire is dirty and the front is clean?

2ajcosx.jpg

This next one is what I call the yellow turn, pick a #, where is O.B.?

2h4jgqh.jpg

and the turn directly after that please pick a # again

xgb66r.jpg

Thanks for your patience :dunce:

T1: 20.894
T2: 25.470

Found some more speed just by cleaning up my junk :lol:

T1: 20.953
T2: 25.267

Yah I'm back in the 1 second club :)

Last edited:
I'll go through pic by pic for you Lefty:

Pic 1 - if you hit the wall it's dirty, just like past TMR TT's.
2aflqw1.jpg

Pic 2 - all tires are clean. The car (and all tires) is clearly on Tarmac with only slight overlap on the concrete.
2ajcosx.jpg

Pic 3 - Dirty. The inside tires are clearly off the tarmac and on the concrete / mossy section.
This border was clarified for Ron as well: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7568473#post7568473
2h4jgqh.jpg

Pic 4 - As with Pic 3, the mossy concrete is OB. That exact section was already discussed (same as above) ;)
xgb66r.jpg

Firecracker
Wow! I'm not checking any replays this week for sure!!
:lol: TMR always lends itself to very close calls, but by eliminating the 3 corners that are too close to call under the best of circumstances replay checking should be no different than any other TMR TT. Remeber too, the oweness is on the drivers to make sure their lap is clean before submitting. As with any week pics can be posted for clarification prior to the dealine, and if you prefer an Admin can look at the lap for you as well. Nothing changes in that respect.

Marc, sorry but on pictures 3 and 4 could you please refer to the numbers Lefty made, as english not being my native language im afraid i could be understanding something wrong (mossy concrete...:dunce:)

Sure,
In pics 3 and 4 the number 3 that Lefty added is the boundary marker. If the whole tire is past the #3 arrow the lap is dirty.

HYDRO:
Thanks for posting the map, it will help a lot to clarify verifying replays. Personal or other's replay.

Lucas, you're eating our lunches! You want our pink slips too?

Maybe I can catch you tomorrow or at the line, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Spent some more time on this, with a T2 of 45.362 and what I thought was a decent run to the line, only to see on the replay that it was dirty on the last turn. :mad: This 4 wheels on the track thing is frustrating but I do like the idea as I'm not a fan of corner cutting.

Nice splits UsualSuspect, I don't think I've had a sub 25 T2 yet

HYDRO:
Thanks for posting the map, it will help a lot to clarify verifying replays. Personal or other's replay.

Anytime 👍
I wish I had thought of posting a map back when you had questions about the corners in the pics. I haven't run TMR very often, and I really remember it better in the forward direction, even though I like the reverse layout better.

Back to my clean lap. The lap that was faster by a tenth was dirty.

I haven't had this much fun on a track in a while. I think it's the flow of the turns and how a certain rythm can be developed that keeps my attention and I can just drive for hours. The car fits the track so well and actually feels like my Miata in some ways, thanks to Kevins great tune. It's to bad that more members haven't shown up for this one given the challenge of keeping it all on the track. I thought it was a great call and wish we could do more of it. I just love it when lots of members show up to the party and we can have a real go at it. Somehow making the top 10 never has the same meaning when there is only 10 in the race :lol:

As it usually works out, it's amazing that all I can generally hit is the 50% mark but this combo is odd because it looks like there is one more fast guy then slow guy. If I just had two more slower guys it would push me into the 50% club :lol:

Well at least I have my old addage to fall back on "the older I get the faster I was". I can only hope for more slow guyz.

Last edited:
Back