• Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Italy > Pagani
  • Model: Zonda R '09

RoadCourse-Indy_18_zps211f504a.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 739 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1070 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tire Type: Racing Soft (R3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account.
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Rumbles are Track.
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Rumble Strips will be DQ'd.
The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If You do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg

The Concrete and Painted Concrete Surface Outside the Rumble Strip at Turn 7 (Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy_6.jpg

Concrete Outside of the White Boundary Line on the Straight between Turns 7 and 8
(Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy_7.jpg

Concrete Inside the Rumble Strip at Turn 8
(Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

Concrete Inside the Rumble Strip at Turn 11 (Trackside Right)

RoadCourse-Indy_19_zpsfe2ff7ed.jpg

Steward's Comments:
This car is absolutely insane, but with the R3 tires and a nice flat track, it's a lot of fun. We haven't been to Indy Road for a Time Trial in quite a while, have fun!

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of Splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 87 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 0'49.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, October 22nd, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

RoadCourse-Indy_16_zpseb2acab9.jpg

Why Use GMT?:

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

RoadCourse-Indy_20_zps4c54b725.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Been away for a few week. This looks fun! Hope I get some time this week for this !

Ah this will feel like 'coming home again'. Still have dirt between my teeth :) Looking to be a promising combo 👍

Nice combo, hope to give it a go this week. Love the Zonda R with his agressive look and power 👍

Don't have the car or the credit on my GTP account, need to do this first.
B-Spec Professional
GT World Championship: Pagani Zonda R '09 (P)
I will run it later.
Oil change ??
Ballast ??

Don't have the car or the credit on my GTP account, need to do this first.
B-Spec Professional
GT World Championship: Pagani Zonda R '09 (P)
I will run it later.
Oil change ??
Ballast ??

It is a hotlap event in ARCADE mode, no need to buy the car 👍

It is a hotlap event in ARCADE mode, no need to buy the car 👍

And it's writen in RED in the OP.:):dunce::ouch:

Thanks, i will have it , it's a very good car anyway !!

EDIT: I had forgot how bad this car is whith stock settings. No way for me sorry.

Last edited:
This is one of my fave tracks :) and the car is one that I used alot in SHIFT but in arcade mode not being able to tame the beast by stretching the gears or calming it down by tweeking will be a challenge. I'll bet that I have put in over a thousand laps on this track since the GT5 Indy challenge contest so hopefully I have the right stuff to keep me interested. Good luk everyone 👍

EDIT: I had forgot how bad this car is whith stock settings. No way for me sorry.

This is one of my fave tracks :) and the car is one that I used alot in SHIFT but in arcade mode not being able to tame the beast by stretching the gears or calming it down by tweeking will be a challenge. I'll bet that I have put in over a thousand laps on this track since the GT5 Indy challenge contest so hopefully I have the right stuff to keep me interested. Good luk everyone 👍

That's the main reason we are driving it on Racing Softs on a flat track. The car is pretty insane, but the combo works.

Enjoying it so far! After 10 laps

I don't think its too bad to be honest

I'll update the car on the leaderboard in about 2 hours.

You mean I've been driving the Civic around Daytona for nothing! :lol: It's always interesting to see what mixed up combo pops up when the track/car is not in the database :)

EDIT: I had forgot how bad this car is with stock settings.
Is it? Its a challenge to balance it on throttle I admit but its not too bad with R3s.
I don't think its too bad to be honest
Yeah my opinion exactly. Nice to see you back in too JB. :cheers:

This will probably destroy any chance I have of getting back into the rally event but I couldn't resist... :sly:

I have to admit Kevin, when I first read Racing Softs I thought "Why?"... but after having a go, I reckon R3s were spot on round here. 💡

Gonna need a LOT of throttle control :eek:

Yeah my opinion exactly. Nice to see you back in too JB.

Cheers mate, good splits.. what bb are you using and abs??

Last edited:
Thanks for the marker Chris, I'm never sure where I "should" be until I see some good D1 times. My current pace is about 1s/minute of lD1 track time, so I'm close now :)

Cheers mate, good splits.. what bb are you using and abs??
Thanks mate 👍 BB 7/7 ABS 10 - be careful trail braking though, particularly into the long left in sector 2 (turn 5 I think) as the rear will suddenly snap out losing a huge chunk of time.

Thanks for the marker Chris, I'm never sure where I "should" be until I see some good D1 times.
No worries mate. 👍 I never really know where I am either until one of our resident aliens pops in a time... but I don't think that's a bad start. I'm guessing I can go another 2 or 3 tenths but not sure where.. or how... just yet. :sly:

BB 7/7 ABS 10 - be careful trail braking though, particularly into the long left in sector 2 (turn 5 I think) as the rear will suddenly snap out losing a huge chunk of time.
Thanks..
haven't got that confident yet to do trail braking that's probably why you do so well mate. you ever raced for real? karts/cars?

not a bad run

you ever raced for real? karts/cars?

not a bad run
Yeah that's a nice step up mate. 👍

I did my motorcycle race license when I was 20 but never went anywhere with it, more's the pity. A bit of karting during my teens and then a couple of seasons in Caterham 7s in my early 20s but couldn't really afford more than that. Good fun anyway. :) I was never that hot at GT though, until last year when I finally had a decent wheel and something to bolt it to... wasn't great with a controller in GT4, then bought a Driving Force Ex wheel and improved a bit but was sat on the sofa with it on my knee and struggled horribly mostly due to lack of feel during braking. When Prologue came out, I bought a G25 but was still sat with it on my knee... then finally jury-rigged a rickety wooden thing on the front of my desk to bolt my wheel to, and coaster cups for my desk chair to stop me rolling away haha :dopey: Its far from perfect but I finally feel like I've reached my potential in GT.

picture.php

picture.php

I have Clubsport pedals with the GT3 now and that's the closest I've found to getting a realistic feel for braking.
Sorry for the GT-life story.

Yeah that's a nice step up mate. 👍

I did my motorcycle race license when I was 20 but never went anywhere with it, more's the pity. A bit of karting during my teens and then a couple of seasons in Caterham 7s in my early 20s but couldn't really afford more than that. Good fun anyway. :) I was never that hot at GT though, until last year when I finally had a decent wheel and something to bolt it to... wasn't great with a controller in GT4, then bought a Driving Force Ex wheel and improved a bit but was sat on the sofa with it on my knee and struggled horribly mostly due to lack of feel during braking. When Prologue came out, I bought a G25 but was still sat with it on my knee... then finally jury-rigged a rickety wooden thing on the front of my desk to bolt my wheel to, and coaster cups for my desk chair to stop me rolling away haha :dopey: Its far from perfect but I finally feel like I've reached my potential in GT.

picture.php

picture.php

I have Clubsport pedals with the GT3 now and that's the closest I've found to getting a realistic feel for braking.
Sorry for the GT-life story.

No need for apologies! that made me laugh:lol:
well I bet the catheram was fun! and the wheel on the knee thing... god knows how you put up with that.. my stand was made with old wood and a crappy little table, I had to pull my armchair up to it at first.. but then my mate crashed his mitsubishi colt so I nabbed the passenger seat and set it up on a board and now its pretty comfy :) will get a pic up on my profile soon

EDIT- also Chris I think you need to stop hot lapping and tidy your room! ;);)

Oh no... yanaran has arrived! good going on the formula tt, you still second?

Sorry wrong guy :dunce:

Last edited:
Amazing combo Kevin! This is crazy boatloads of fun :cheers:.

Splits after an hour:

Don't think I left any time out on track. Maybe a tenth in the last corner before the straight, but first three sectors were perfect.

Nice splits guys, especially yanaran and Chris. Decent job there too Phil!

Great starts Jonas and Mohit. 👍 No tidying for me this week then... :sly:

Back