GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 94 : Nordschleife Concealed

• Thread starter EDK
  • 239 comments
Going to have to submit with the last posted splits because I can't get the old PS3 to work at all now. I think its beyond dead. Really pissed because I'm leaving so much time out on the track, but it is what it is, not alot I can do but move on.

If you do get it working, be sure to save the replay of the lap you're submitting off to a USB drive.

Oddly enough, I seemed to improve a lot once I added chassis reinforcement to the car. It seems everyone else here doesn't like it but it's worked wonders for me, probably because I prefer to have a car that's more stable.

When I was running, chassis reinforcement worked great for me too, along with mild active steering and 4/6 BB 👍

If you do get it working, be sure to save the replay of the lap you're submitting off to a USB drive.

Yea, when it was working I exported it to the XMB menu or whatever. Thats as far as it will go so I can get it from there, no problem. I anticipated this happening, lol

Submitted a lap with slightly faster splits but ugly last corner.:grumpy:

Not the cleanest lap, but a good improvement over last. Will try again, but submit this one. There is definitely another full second on the track.

Submitted a lap with slightly faster splits but ugly last corner.:grumpy:

Do you mean the splits you posted in your previous post?

You have done some really nice splits mate:tup:, i will give it a last go but i only have about 45 minutes and i dont feel like i will have a good focus.

Still happy if i finish within one second from you. :)
my T3 is bad on my current lap id say you are safe. 👍

Goodluck!

Yea, when it was working I exported it to the XMB menu or whatever. Thats as far as it will go so I can get it from there, no problem. I anticipated this happening, lol
Wow, brand new PS3!! That's one special daughter you've got there my friend.
Keep up the good racing. 👍
Gayle

Do you mean the splits you posted in your previous post?

You have done some really nice splits mate:tup:, i will give it a last go but i only have about 45 minutes and i dont feel like i will have a good focus.

Still happy if i finish within one second from you. :)
my T3 is bad on my current lap id say you are safe. 👍

Goodluck!
No, the splits are maybe 0.050 faster than those on the board and the T10 is almost 3 tenths faster.. than lost most of it in the last corner.

I think it will be close Mike, we will definitely finish within a second of each other. I'm done now, good luck.:cheers:

This has to be the most frustrating track on GT5. I was 5 seconds up on these splits into the final turn of the lap and clip the wall. Oh well................ I am done.

Al

Good news!!! My wonderful daughter came through and bought me a brand new PS3!!! I can hardly believe it. I didn't even ask her, but she seen how bummed I was not being able to compete with a reliable PS3, so she went out and got me an early Christmas present. Her and my girlfriend know how much this game means to me and my dreams that involve it, (GT Academy Finalist hopeful) so they stand behind me and support me 100%. She got the "Uncharted" bundle, which came with a newer model 250 gig PS3. I don't play shooter games, but I may give it a try. Now to download all 19 updates again for like the 3rd time, lol. I should have it up and running by tomorrow but in the meantime, going to see if I can revive my old PS3 one last time to have a final go at the 'Ring. I've been up on my ghost by as much as 2.5 seconds going into the 4th sector before either losing it all or crashing so I really don't want to leave that kind of time out on the track. Anyways, just thought I'd share the happy news with my friends here. Off to the races, lol. Peace.

NGU

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Just had the time to do a last session. I managed to hit a 5:37.8 so when I seen this on my screen I was too much excited and crashed in T12 (the last one) :(
I was angry and decided to shut down my PS3 before brake my controller...
Time finally submitted with the current splits.

Disappointed of my poor skills on this track. Week 95 won't be in my favor aswell since it's a tuned combo.

Looking forward to the next stock one ;)

Splits for submitted time:

Time submitted. This was literrally the week from hell. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Spent 30 hours of napping in my Playseat just trying to make up for time lost due to PS3 finally dying and other things. This was a true test. Even tho I'm not happy with the results, I feel it was still a small victory just having a clean lap to submit. I stand true to my word of submitting each and every week, for good or bad. It was def a learning experience. Congrats to everyone who was able to grind this one out and submit a time. See you all at Deep Forest. Peace, I'm out.

NGU

Almost forgot to submit. Probably wouldn't have been too upset if so - was a bit gutted last night I couldn't improve. Just no focus left after a long day (3am start for a 2 hour enduro, followed by work). Not that I didn't try, mind you.

So, submitted with the splits on the board, dropping a second in two sectors :grumpy:

No, the splits are maybe 0.050 faster than those on the board and the T10 is almost 3 tenths faster.. than lost most of it in the last corner.

I think it will be close Mike, we will definitely finish within a second of each other. I'm done now, good luck.:cheers:

Sounds good! you did well:tup:, i just hope my last part isnt too bad, lost 0.200 vs my best T10 and T11

I couldnt improve :(, i was able to get about 0.250 in front of the ghost at T5
but managed to miss the several attempts lol

My best T1 this week was 44,236 but could rarely go past the next curve :lol:

Goodluck all! time submitted

I've been trying to improve for the last 2 or 3 hours, but was not able to, I was very inconsistent. I was up 0.9s on my ghost at T1 at some point!!! Anyway, I submitted with my current splits.

Good luck everybody.

My last minute attempt at a lap failed, so the time I've submitted stands. I just pray that the last part of my lap holds up.

Lap submitted already so here are the last second splits.

Well I put in a last ditch effort with no luck, Just couldnt get a clean lap no matter how much I tried. So I am stuck with what I got even though I know I can beat my time.

Arrghh, i knew it wouldnt be enought haha lol
Nice win Wes! 👍 and well done everyone!

Wow, what a close battle between Wes and Mike! Less than half a second! And yours are the only 2 times below 7 minutes, and by quite a margin. Amazing!

My handicap is going to take quite a beating, I think...

Happy with my time, i think i've spent no more than 3 hours on this event. Always fun to play on the ring... even with an untunable car.
Congrats to the winners , amazing times. I'll have to check the replays to learn from you guys.
><(((((°>°°°°

Finished my best lap at 6:58, submitted at 6:59 :crazy:.

:bowdown: Wes and Mike.

Wow, congratulations on literally beating me at the last minute. :cheers:

And well done to Wes and Mike for completely dominating this event. Four seconds clear of anybody else... :bowdown:

Thx guys for the great comments! :cheers:
Keeping more comments for the unofficial result thread... :)

heres a video of my lap:

Back