GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

Discussion in 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' started by steven, Dec 27, 2009.

1. clacksman

clacksman

What about a 'theoretical fastest time' for each division and not just the overall?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. crazytortise

crazytortise

To add onto this would it be to much work to have the board like it is now, but also be able to view your individual division? So we could click a button, then view, say Div 3 runners, see Div 3 splits and gaps. Maybe I'm asking for to much lol.

3. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Thanks guys, that's nice functionality and theoretically very possible.

Currently i'm still busy implementing the new design, and since i've only got limited time and am doing all the work on my own I can only do so much. But we'll definitely keep these suggestions in mind.

Thanks.

4. EDK

EDK Moderator

There's a poor man's version of this functionality now. Just click "Div" at the top of the page, and it sorts by Division, then final split time. It just won't show gaps or theoretical splits by division.

I could be something like zabeu did for the GT5TT board he created. You could click on ANY driver, and then drag over the other drivers to see the relative gap.

http://gtdb.net/?tt/gtp

5. Ren

Ren Premium

Besides the fact that the leaderboard must be showing wrong splits anyways cause the the top ones can't possibly be real ..... :lol: ....

(ok sorry, just trying to overplay my own result with a weak effort of humor)

Serious: week 65 shows a bug in Dan's amazing time line:

Driver PSN Div Class Split 1 Sec. time Split 2 Gap
    GTP_DHolland 1 0'9.903 0'28.107 0'28.107 +0'00.000

Sec 2 time same as split 2 time??? I wish his sector 2 time was true, but.....

Any idea how this might come about?
    Cheers
    R.

Edit:at a second glance just saw another thing, from a programming point of view maybe the same background: DHolland has best first split as well as best sec 1 time (what else?), so all figures in his line should be red. For some reason Devie and CT have the red values respectively, though...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  6. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Thanks Ren (and Wizard for mailing it through the site)!,

The bug is fixed in my development environment, but I can't update the live leaderboard yet, when I update it, it will be fixed.

7. steven

steven

Sorted!

On another note, it was sad to hear that due to the sort-of extreme winter weather in our country the WLB creator Marijn has had an unfortunate accident spraining his wrist in a bad way. Post your good thoughts here to wish him all sorts of luck to help him recover from that nasty mishap :tup: :tup: :tup:

Of course, this will delay the release of the redesign of WLB in some way, but that is irrelevant compared to the importance of Marijn recovering from that nasty injury. I hope you will recover soon mate!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  8. dranddad

dranddad

Marijn.

Get well soon mate, best wishes from Phillip. :tup:

9. DGiant2000

DGiant2000

Somehow I missed Steven's post when he put it up. Sorry to hear about the accident Marijn, hope you get well soon :cheers:

10. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Get well soon Marijn.:tup:

11. Ren

Ren Premium

Me too! All the best wisched from my side as well mate!

12. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

In my results page it has me down as getting 3rd place in Week 61, yet if you click on the weeks results, I was 2nd.

Edit: Nvm, get better soon Marijn.

13. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Thanks for the supprt Guys, i'm a lot better and I can type again.

We'll finish the final touches to the new layout soon :)

:cheers:

14. Ren

Ren Premium

Hey Joost! Glad to hear! Welcome back buddy! :tup::)

15. crazytortise

crazytortise

Is fetchbot sleeping again?

16. clacksman

clacksman

WRS 69 leaderboard is currently led by a div 4 driver. The top of the board says BMW 135i '07 (correct for div 4 this week), does that automatically change if a different division driver takes the lead?

17. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Now, unfortunately that won't change. The layout doesn't support multiple combo's in a single week yet.

18. jwb351

jwb351 Premium

I haven't raced in a while but looking forward to getting back into it. Checked the forum & saw this leader board feature. Really cool & well done! Can't wait to see how it develops over time. Kudos!

19. Animera

Animera

It looks like WRSFetchBot has gone AWOL.
    I cannot get the leaderboard to display at all.

20. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

Strange, it's loading fine here... you're at the top ;) 1'07.898 (+.303 on LinPark, +.348 on Phillip)

21. Animera

Animera

It's working for me now.
    Perhaps it was my laptop.

22. Denur

Denur Premium

It was down alright, but now it's working fine. :)

23. Chunkee_Monkey

Chunkee_Monkey

Don't come to WRS that often, just wanted to say impressive leaderboard, first time Ive seen it, well done guys.

24. Fastas

Fastas Premium

Same :tup:

I was looking through the posts in the thread to find 'the board' link to no avail and them came across the leaderboard thread.

Just one question, is the WRSFETCHBOT a computer or a person?

25. steven

steven

FetchBot is a program that scans the actual WRS combo thread for splits and converses them into the leaderboard. It runs 4 times an hour.
    The normal way of split posting is required for it to make the times readable. Shortly it will also read your controller device from your signature into a new column.

Welcome to WRS :tup:

26. Anghammarad

Anghammarad Premium

Just FYI

Both Chunkee_Monkey and Ramon (whose GTP tag is GTP_eclipsi) are Div 1 Gold racers.

27. steven

steven

Thanks Paulie. FetchBot will pick up their Division info automatically thanks to Marijn's wizardry ;)

28. alba

alba Premium

I'm almost done doing pictures for every single car for the new layout then tracks, did quite a bit of change, get back here joost! :p

29. JoostBaksteen

JoostBaksteen Moderator

I'm right here ;)

/edit: Thanks! I've received the e-mail. I'll implement the car images into the design tonight :)

30. alba

alba Premium

Just finished all the cars, time to finish up the tracks now :p