GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS F1 Championship (PASM Champion!)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 924 comments
Major possibility of me missing both sessions. I may make it but dont hold your breath. Sorry guys

Lounge closed for pre-quali. Do not enter until this post is edited.

Lounge reopened. Nice laps, DZ. 👍

Last edited:
I'm opening the lounge now for pre-quali practice. I'll be away for a bit at first.

I haven't played GT5 for a while (partly in anticipation of GT6) and I'm a bit rusty, so I've decided to give this one a miss. Should be interesting being a spectator for a change.

Good luck everyone 👍

I haven't played GT5 for a while (partly in anticipation of GT6) and I'm a bit rusty, so I've decided to give this one a miss. Should be interesting being a spectator for a change.

Good luck everyone 👍

Yeh, stream is up in ~15 mins.

Well done Pablo on another pole position! :cheers:

Nice drives by everyone brave enough to come out for this one. I chickened out! :ouch:

With the light turnout we had to skip Q2, and only 4 advanced to Q3.

SuzukaF1QResults_zpsae531d17.png

SuzukaF1Q1_zpse15a0372.png
SuzukaF1Q3_zps92088967.png

GTP_DZ will start in front of GTP_Jammy, but I'm having problems getting the doc to reflect that.

Thanks to Ren and Pekka for some post-quali practice and tips, I may just start from the back tomorrow. :)
I believe Hasslemoff is going to be joining me back there as well.

We'll post grid order about 2-3hrs before the race. Lounge will be opened about 1hr before the race.

GTP_IMMORTAL has a 4-spot grid penalty for jumping the start at Monza, so GTP_Jb will be starting 1st.

The top of the first post has been updated to point to oink's live stream for today.
Yesterday's broadcast of qualifying was amazing, and today should be great too. 👍

Here's the start order:
SuzukaF1Start_zpsccf29c9d.png

Longe is open for the early birds, ill be away for a bit.

Great race guys! :cheers:
Sure was a busy start of the race. Spurgy with a superstart rocketed into first! Gazziboy keeping Immortal at bay for a couple of laps. It's a shame Jb spun on the exit of Spoon. That gave Spurgy and I the chance to get some distance with Immortal. I overtook Spurgy on the main straight and could stay ahead for a couple of laps. Meanwhile Immortal caught up with us and the battle was on. They were on my tail going into the chicane. Spurgy was on the inside at the start finish line and Immortal with the double draft made a brave move in between and made it stick around the outside of turn one. Amazing driving guys!

Then my ill preparedness shone through, I spun in the slipstream in 130R, then again on my own the lap after in spoon corner. After that I had a pretty great race, so overall I'm quite happy.

Never in a million years I thought I'd win the championship. Especially the Monaco Grand Prix was an amazing experience. The whole series was epic! Now let's give GT5 a proper send off with the greatest hits event :)

See you guys on the track,

Bart

Congratulations on the win Immortal, and 2nd and 3rd Spurgy and PASM. And congratulations on the Championship win PASM, amazing driving you showed throughout the series and well deserved.

It was great to be able to most of the events on the stream and I got to watch some amazing driving so thanks to absolutely everyone who took part throughout. Sorry the stream today was just rubbish, quite annoying for me, but thanks Mika for joining with commentary, you were great. 👍 :gtpflag:

Heres the Unofficial results.

Congrats Pablo for the win and Ben and Bart for the podiums 👍

WRSF1GrandPrixofJapan_zps3dc3a3ab.png

There was no jump starts and a great start by Spurgy that put him into P1 in the first corner 👍. Great racing everyone over the whole series.

Everyone did a 3 stop apart from me LOL. I didnt intend to do a 1 stop but I was that slow I thought the tyres might last me and gave it a go, plus I didnt make a sandcastle whole race :).

Awesome race today guys, especially with Immortal and PASM at the start, some fantastic driving from both of you 👍 Did you guys like my attempted overtakes around the outside of T1 and T2? :D

Very good racing guys the first laps was very nice fights lap 8 was heavy hard.
I have make some pics from the fight

Well done all. Nice pictures!

I'm glad this is over and same time sad this is over.

Suzuka was hardest race. There was no room for errors. Monaco was also hard but those walls keeps you on the track. At Suzuka when you make little mistake you find yourself in the beach (sand) and you lost lot a time.

Well done everyone who made it through all five round 👍

Its been most stressfull, hard, satisfactoring, challenging, emotional and fun series i have been.

Edit: As Tim said below. Really big thanks to stewards and admin team to put this series together 👍

Last edited:
Thank you drivers for making this a successful series.

Thank you stewards for taking over for me in the last race when I literally ran out of steam.

Thank you oink for a fabulous job broadcasting all the events.

Congratz Bart for consistent excellence throughout the season. You won 3 victories and a podium in every single race and earned the top spot in the championship. 👍

It's a lot of work putting these Gran Prix together and to keeping them running smooth and requires a fully committed team. I can wholeheartedly say I'm glad this is over. :lol:

Well done Bart for winning the championship! You fought really hard for it and it was well deserved. Well done Paul for broadcasting the races! It made them fun to watch. Well done to the stewards and admins for organizing a wonderful series. I know I didn't join any races, but I'm just proud of all of you! :D Hope to see this grow more in GT6.

Well done Bart for winning the championship! You fought really hard for it and it was well deserved. Well done Paul for broadcasting the races! It made them fun to watch. Well done to the stewards and admins for organizing a wonderful series. I know I didn't join any races, but I'm just proud of all of you! :D Hope to see this grow more in GT6.

Hopefully they have more F1 tracks in GT6 :)

Big congrats to Bart for winning the title! :cheers: Very impressive given all the tough competitors that challenged you.

Well-done Ben on 2nd and Pablo on 3rd. 👍

That battle early in Sunday's race was incredible. :drool:

Oink and Mika did so well on the stream, awesome job!

F12013_final_points_zpsa469b487.png

First off.... Congratulations to you Bart on the win! You are an excellent driver, wish I could of been there from the beginning. Admin and stewards.... honestly I take my hat off to you guys, personally I think this is by far the best place in the world to do sim racing and It's because of all you guys and your hard work so Excellent job there guys. Great job Spurgy and Pablo amazing effort! Great pics as well Pablo mate and looking forward to racing with you again on Sunday. As for Suzuka I had serious trouble.. I'd been to work on Sunday with no sleep the night before and only had a couple of hours sleep when I got in on Sunday before the race! I felt so rough and groggy that I just could not get in my zone (Bart will notice that I was terribly slow at the beginning and held him and every one else up while Spurgy got the lead). Sorry about that guys :( It's normally sim racing that gets in the way of work.. but this time work got in the way of sim racing ;)

Overall great job everyone, thanks and I'll see you all soon! 👍 :cheers:

Great commentary Oink mate I think your the next Murray Walker :)

Last edited:
Congrats Bart for the Championship 👍
Congrats to Ben and Pablo for the podiums 👍

Great comentary by Paul over the whole series and Mika in the Suzuka race 👍

Thanks to everyone who took part and made the series to make the racing clean, fun and enjoyable 👍

Latest Posts

Back