GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS GT3 Championship (MadMax86 Champion)

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 841 comments
I'm having massive problems connecting to the GT5 online Service, keep getting errors :nervous:

Eek, not good. We are rotating the host around. Pekka is host now so try again.

Edit: 5 minutes until we get started. Just missing Bart and Paul (although has said is 50/50 about being here).

Last edited:
I am now live for the race. You can watch it here or on youtube.

Edit: Had problems, there was no feed :(

Last edited:
It's a disaster :(
Got 2 DC'd and now PSN is not working .... I did everything I could, resetted the world, but no way.
I'm so disappointed, have a good race guys :mad:

Officially hating the online services.

Pekka will set up the A lounge, please wait to join that until you see him in there.

Is it mayby an good idea to delay the race to next week because i this are just servers messing up.

Yeah I got shut out of the last try too. Such a shame because this was the stop on the calendar i was looking forward to the most.

PASM
Yeah I got shut out of the last try too. Such a shame because this was the stop on the calendar i was looking forward to the most.

Me too, Bart. It's really a shame :(

Okay, sorry everybody for the disturbance made while you were racing, didn't notice, was following oink's youtube feed, which is obviously not running as "live" as the race time, I didn't pay attention to the delay and hammered you with questions while you were racing...
Sorry again, and thanks JTV for the reply...

Yeh, what a nightmare. Sorry to Bart, Daniel and Jammy who all got rejected by GT servers. They have been truly awful of late, no idea what is going on.

For those that did race, good racing! I myself had a horrible race, but still after the 2 hours were up, had had a lot of fun.

Youtube just totally refused to start a stream, so I had to abandon it sadly.

That was my best WRS race yet so happy with my first podium. Race wasn't perfect probably lost half a minute to mistakes and lost another half minute to having to pit for a 4th time for miscalculating the fuel, came out about 5 secs after Jon but because I had new tires and was probably a little bit faster than him i catched him about half way around the nordschlife tried to overtake him the turn before the carusel but i braked to late and pushed Jon off so I had to give back the position. than Jon made a mistake a few corners later where he almost lost it so I got passed on the inside and instantly tried to get as much of a lead as I could so he couldn't slipstream me at the straight. But that wasn't necesery because Jon spun in the last corner before the straight and when I say that I was fist pumping and so freaking happy :P. So great to have my first podium on easily my favorite track in the world.

Had a great race without too many mistakes. Got off the start behind Pekka and followed him on the first lap, but not too close as there was no real chance for overtaking anyway and I felt the loss in downforce was making it difficult too close behind. Pekka went onto the grass braking for the right-hander before the Karussel, so I was able to take the lead and managed to slightly extend it a bit during the first couple of laps. My tests had told me that I would be losing too much time on a 5th lap on the same tyres, so I knew I would be running either 4 or 3 lap-stints as that promised to be faster by about 20-30 seconds overall. As I had a bit of a lead, I decided to come in after 4 for my first stop. I took on 35 litres, so I would be able to just about run another 4-lap stint, if I wanted to and apparently that was a lot less than my competitors. Only Pekka stayed out and took the lead as he was on a 2-stop strategy. I was quite rapidly gaining on him from about 15 seconds down, and then he seemed to have trouble as I caught up with him going slowly up the hill at Kesselchen. After Pekka subsequently had pitted, the lead had risen to about 25 seconds, although I didn't know how much was due to having taken on less fuel.

I then decided I would make the 3 lap-stints in the middle, so I wouldn't be "undercut" by having a slower 4th lap against an opponent's fast out-lap. My lead shrank after pitstop #2 (probably more fuel going in), and Mika suddenly overtook me in the pits at my last stop, where I had taken on the recommended amount plus 7 or 8 litres for safety. I thought that he must have had either taken on much more fuel at the first stops or was cutting it a lot closer than I was. I was back only about 5 seconds leaving the pits though, so I thought I had a chance to catch up during the final 4 laps, but I knew it would be tough as Mika was roughly on the same pace, on the same strategy and in the same car. He was maintaining the gap early on, but then made some smaller mistakes and I caught him by the beginning of the Döttinger Höhe straight and drafted past. First, he followed me around closely, but then dropped away as he realised he had not taken on enough fuel to reach the finish (as we now know).

Had a lot of fun driving yesterday, although turnout wasn't that big, and those who showed up were hassled with connection- and other problems.

Congrats to Pekka for the championship (although still unofficial)!

Good to know that eveyone had fun at the race. And that none of the championship contenders got shut out.

Speaking of which, here are my unofficial congratulations to Pekka for the WRS GT3 Championship!

Sorry to here about the connection issues.

Gutted I missed it, didnt get in from work till late on. Looks like thoose that raced had fun.

Last edited:
Yeh, we will get the official results out as soon as possible guys.

I'm so #¤%&& for the end of this series and last two races. Almost 1 hrs to try to start the race (even one started but someone called exit) and then...

I'm so #¤%&& for the end of this series and last two races. Almost 1 hrs to try to start the race (even one started but someone called exit) and then...

Yeah, me too Joel. Was really looking forward to the last 2. Laguna dc'd and Nurburgring not even started :(

Congrats to Pekka on the championship and also to the podium.

I have a suggestion for anyone interested we could maybe do an full unofficial race saturday with start grid based on qualy? Could be nice for the people that couldn't race and hopefully the servers won't be so awefull because they were really bad sunday.

I have a suggestion for anyone interested we could maybe do an full unofficial race saturday with start grid based on qualy? Could be nice for the people that couldn't race and hopefully the servers won't be so awefull because they were really bad sunday.

Certainly a nice idea. Not gunna commit right now, but if we had enough for a grid more than 4 or 5, then I would race.

Sorry, but it's not the same anymore. I have to say not interested.

I would be in for an unofficial race 👍
It would be nice to have a grid with more than 4-5 people tough.

Congrats Snow for the win and Mika and Jon for the Podiums.

Nurb 24 results 2013.PNG

Team Results Nurb 24hr

team results Nurb.PNG

Congrats to Pekka(Raikkonen) for winning the Championship by 1 point.

Pekka thumbs up2.PNG

Congrats to Snow and Jon for 2nd and 3rd
thumbs up 2.PNG

GT3 Final Points.PNG

Full points table to be added later (tech prob)

Congrats to Ferrari for taking the Team Championship.

Overall team results.PNG

car battle was close but looks like the one, two from me and bernie got ferrari the fictorie nice.

I can't see those pictures. There's just red cross in all pictures.

Now i can see them.
BTW: Why me and Bart aren't even put in race result as DNF because we were in the start grid when race start but with blackscreen and stuck.

Congratulations on the win again Pekka, also to Bernie and Jon for taking the other two podium spots

It's quite disappointing to see Team Ford in last place, after leading for three races.
Despite that I was proud to be in that team and at least one of the Ford guys took the overall win ;)
Had fun racing in this great series and would like to thank all the admins and stewards behind the event.
The organisation was, as always, flawless.
Damn PSN and GT5 servers didn't make it easy for me and others in the last two races, let's hope that in GT6 the network services are more stable.

Hope to see you all soon on track again.

Now i can see them.
BTW: Why me and Bart aren't even put in race result as DNF because we were in the start grid when race start but with blackscreen and stuck.

You and Bart have not been added to the results as it would of affected the team points in the docs, given that you both involuntary retired before 25% of the race you would have both scored 0 points which would of had an affect on the team results. :)

Back