GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS World Cup Team Challenge - Aug 10

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 704 comments
It was great fun, thank you Tim and acolytes for yet another very well organized great event!

I was having an interesting battle with Mike at Fuji until I tried to pass him at turn 1 after benefiting from his draft... but totally missed my breaking point and overshot the turn all the way to the sand box... :ouch: (ended up in last place). I had planned on one stop, but then changed my mind to two stops after that. Unfortunately, I DC'd while exiting the pits after my second stop. I was still in last at that point, not sure I could have caught any of the others.

Thanks to my teammates, we were then assigned to the big room (yikes!). Unfortunately, the other teams were very strong, which meant the only racer I could potentially battle with was one of my own teammates... Al had a bit of bad luck and Eddie ran out of gas... which explains where I ended up.

A big thank you to Shawn for accepting to be an honorary Canadian for a little while, we were very grateful, and thanks to my other teammates Mohit and Al 👍

Thanks for making that, Tim! :cheers: Just watched the entire thing.
It got really tense at the end (for me), and you guys did great in that battle. :bowdown:

Just writing in to say thank you.
I had a great time, not only the races( which were great even though I took myself out on lap 12 of the spa race and created a mess :grumpy:) but practicing with the team, qualifying,etc. Its was all top notch!!

Here's to everyone involved.:cheers:

Thanks for the fun program that the organizers of this competition put together 👍 I looked at the combined results and I was a little bit curious as to why they were stacked by gap from the leader and not the overall time for the race. I know that there are variables as to when the checker actually falls but that seems like a fairly simple deal to overcome to put everyone on an even footing to calc the time of competition. Food for thought :dunce:

What I'm seeing is gap to the leader and that isn't overall time. Each race took a different time to run after the leader crosses the line post parade lap. It can only be calculated by finding out the total time - the parade lap. Since each race ran a different overall time so did every driver. The gap to the leader is only relative to that race and not to how each driver stacks up to every other driver as in the time it took for each driver to complete their race.

Incident review is complete and results are not impacted. Great job staying clean guys or when issues did happen, waiting and conceding positions. There was only once incident for contact without a concession and it was an unfortunate case of invisible driver between Caine and Basse which was not identified in the lounge prior to the race.

And with that here are the final team points results....

The official winner of the event, using handicapped points, is Team USA Red, with Team UK in 2nd and PURE NA in 3rd.

The top performing teams (excluding the driver handicap) were Team UK in 1st, Team USA Red in 2nd and PURE NA in 3rd.

FYI: If there were no handicap, the round 2 grids would have looked a bit different with Team Aussie taking the final spot in the winners bracket instead of Canada, but the top 3 finishing teams were the same regardless of handicap.

Here are the full team results in both handicapped and non handicapped versions:

WC2013_overallpoints_handicapped.png

WC2013_overallpoints_nonhandicapped.png

Thanks for making this event and WRS-Online so successful and celebrating 100 weeks of 3D3 Racing in style!

Last edited:
Nice didn't thought team nederland would've done that well but I guess since three of us (me, wes, daniel) were close to each other in both races and eric being around the front of the field in both races we had quite some consistency but still suprised. 👍

Congrats Team USA Red and Team UK 👍

As far as the non handicapped results... between our teams (PURE NA and Team USA Red) it came down to the final laps at Spa. We had the lead with a lap to go even when you passed me on lap 16. Then Wii passed me on the final lap (17) to give PURE NA the 2nd place points position... then Wardez ran out of fuel, Lucas passed him, and that put us back in 2nd by less than 2 points. :dopey:

Just for nomenclature particularities (say that 3 times fast :) ) "non handicapped" is generally referred to as "scratch"

--------------------------------------------------- QUESTION ------------------------------------
How come my replay of Spa shows me finishing 6th and I'm down as finishing 7th?

Last edited:
How come my replay of Spa shows me finishing 6th and I'm down as finishing 7th?

Most likely an invisible driver. Are all 6 we show in front of you present on your replay?

Thanks for the fun program that the organizers of this competition put together 👍 I looked at the combined results and I was a little bit curious as to why they were stacked by gap from the leader and not the overall time for the race. I know that there are variables as to when the checker actually falls but that seems like a fairly simple deal to overcome to put everyone on an even footing to calc the time of competition. Food for thought :dunce:

WE based the combined results on the total time for each driver minus the pole sitter's formation lap from each drivers room. It's all equal and "simulates" what would have happened if all drivers were on the same track (minus all the battles of course :sly:).

E.g. Ghost ran fastest time for spa at 39:07.793 (net of his formation lap since he was on pole). You ran 58.541 seconds slower than TamHablo who ran 39:10.791 (both shown in your room results for round 2) meaning your total time was 40:09.512. If you compare that to the fastest overall time from Ghost your gap is +1:01.719 as shown on the combined results.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a replay from round 2, lobby 3 (PAL) that they could email to me / upload to online storage and link me. Would really like a copy of replay and stupidly forgot to save.

Forget that, sorted it out.

Most likely an invisible driver. Are all 6 we show in front of you present on your replay?

w-g-e shows in front of me on the tote board and he doesn't show up in my replay :( I do remember hearing him asking about me when he was running before the start as some possible reason for restarting. I guess it must have been a ghost issue. Still had a blast though, thanks for all your hard work "W" 👍

w-g-e shows in front of me on the tote board and he doesn't show up in my replay :( I do remember hearing him asking about me when he was running before the start as some possible reason for restarting. I guess it must have been a ghost issue. Still had a blast though, thanks for all your hard work "W" 👍

Yes, in fact I now remember Ren mentioning you and Wes pin balling and occupying the same space at some points. This game sure presents a challenge to any serious event. The one thing you can count on is something going wrong with the network.

Wow, really close behind Team Aussie... I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!1!!1!!!! :P

Bravo Team Canada, surprised we did so well considering I was on the team....

The first in a set of "special awards/acknowledgements" we are handing out for this event.

Best Team Quali: Team UK (Avg = 1'34.933)

Best Individual Quali: GTP_PASM (1'34.498)

Congratulations to USA Red, Silver + Ghost and PURE NA, great job on the podiums. It was a great event, but I feel a bit disappointed really, we got 4 podium finishes from the two races, but it was my poor race at Spa, the one I was looking forward to the most, that cost us the overall win. It was worth it though, had some great battles along the way!

Nice didn't thought team nederland would've done that well but I guess since three of us (me, wes, daniel) were close to each other in both races and eric being around the front of the field in both races we had quite some consistency but still suprised. 👍

It just makes you wonder where we would have been if we all had been well prepared,and would have used the benefits handed out for this event in the qualification for instance.
Nevertheless,it was fun.
Congratulations to the winning teams,well done all.

I must say I really enjoyed myself, despite somewhat disappointing results.

a big thanks to the organisers for everything, including the aftermath :)

my apologies to my team mates for both my last laps, at Fuji I was to just to eager I think.
on Spa I refueled about 3 liters less then I should have , so that worked out great..

for a few laps here and there I had some nice battles, which is always good.

congrats to the winners!

Award for MVP Drivers

MVPs per team are the top scoring drivers per team based on total handicapped points earned across both rounds.

The overall event MVP was determined by ranking team MVPs by their team points impact (Delta). Delta is calculated by measuring the impact on the team points if the driver was removed from the team (or in the case of teams with only 3 drivers, if the MVP points were swapped with by those points earned by the driver scoring the fewest points on the team).​

Overall Event MVP: GTP_DZ @ Team USA Red (+75.3 Delta, 113.1 HPts)

MVPs by Team (ranked by Delta):

WC2013_mvpdriversperteam_handicapped.png

All Drivers - Points Summary (ranked by handicapped point totals):

WC2013_drivertotalpoints_handicapped-2.png

Notes:

Base points (BPts) do not include driver handicap or bracket multipliers. Handicapped points (HPts) include both.

Last edited:
Tim, the Pos column for round 1 seems to be a duplicate of the BPts column (except for first 3 positions of each race).

You mean you didn't come in first in round 1? :dopey: And Jon didn't come in 11.5th?

Otherwise, great work on these fascinating stats, Tim. 👍

Tim, the Pos column for round 1 seems to be a duplicate of the BPts column (except for first 3 positions of each race).

Doooh! Thanks, I'll fix it later after someone else finds the next mistake. :lol:

I'm building all this extra stuff on the fly so you know... stuff happens.

You mean you didn't come in first in round 1? :dopey:

Well, I was first to DC... (and the only one). Which is ironic since I was one of the very few NOT to DC during round 2 in our room...

Tim, don't take it so hard :P

It's actually amazing how few mistakes there are (or how few mistakes people find, not necessarily the same thing :P) considering you are doing this on the fly...

The table is now updated. I actually do appreciate the checks so thank you!.

Speed Racer Award

Given to the drivers with the fastest overall time for round 1, round 2 and total​

Overall Speed Racer: GTP_PASM @ Team Oranje (78:35.816)
Fuji Speed Racer: GTP_PASM @ Team Oranje (39:20.853)
Spa Speed Racer: GTP_GhostDriver @ Team UK (39:07.793)

All Drivers - Time Summary (ranked by overall race time for both rounds):

WC2013_drivertotaltime.png

Notes:

Formation lap time for pole sitter is deducted from the race times from each room to equalize drivers.

At least I was consistently mid-pack for every stat in this event. :lol:

If/when there is another go at this style of event, is there a possibility we could go with a car that's more neutral with it's handling characteristics? Nothing against the ZR1, but without a tune, it handles like a pig.

Latest Posts

Back