GTP_WRS-Online Event 10: Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 138 comments
Signed maybe for WW.
There's a chance I'm getting called for work if something breaks down over there.

I have a question. Sorry if it might be against the rules. Hey, it never hurts to ask.

If the WW lobby is not full after the start time, would it be ok if I joined to spectate?

I would keep my mic off.

I'm interested in doing some of these races, but don't feel I'm ready and can't dedicate that much time today. I just kind of want to see how the event is run.

Thanks.

I have a question. Sorry if it might be against the rules. Hey, it never hurts to ask.

If the WW lobby is not full after the start time, would it be ok if I joined to spectate?

I would keep my mic off.

I'm interested in doing some of these races, but don't feel I'm ready and can't dedicate that much time today. I just kind of want to see how the event is run.

Thanks.
Sure, join. I don't think we'll be full.

Currently 6 in the room.

can't make the WW as I am just getting home from work. I have to eat because I am starving. then I might have to go back to work. such a busy day.

Great race everyone and so good to see a lot more folks on track, thanks very much I really enjoyed that. :cheers:

Sorry about not joining the chat, took me ages to figure out my headset mic was disabled so I could hear you but couldn't respond, had a lovely time talking to myself though :lol:

Wow, what a race!!!!! 👍👍👍

#2 and #3 run out of gas...

Thanks for letting me spectate!

I definitely want to try it out.

Question... I heard no room voice chat conversations. Was there any?
I kept looking for an option to turn it on, but found nothing.

Great race all!!! :gtpflag:

P.S. If any reading this are thinking of racing, check it out!!! I'm going to hopefully for the Wednesday NA race this week.

Wow, what a race!!!!! 👍👍👍

#2 and #3 run out of gas...

Thanks for letting me spectate!

I definitely want to try it out.

Question... I heard no room voice chat conversations. Was there any?
I kept looking for an option to turn it on, but found nothing.

Great race all!!! :gtpflag:

P.S. If any reading this are thinking of racing, check it out!!! I'm going to hopefully for the Wednesday NA race this week.

We use the PSN party chat but that is limited to 8. Not much chatter during the race (by design) anyway 👍

Ahh, that make sense.

I just wasn't sure if it is necessary to hear the chat to be able race and that I needed to set something different in my PS4. All is good then!

No you're good, you don't need a headset, the OLR mods read the in game text chat and use the chat to tell you of key events like race starting etc.

I can't bloody count!
Pitted over the line. Didn't realise.
Great experience for me.
Congrats @Iceman
Hope I passed clean enough @Gravitron, not that it did me any good!

I can't count either had to splash and dash for 2 laps of fuel lol

Fun racing today. A rookie error moved me from quali position to back of the pack which forced me to improvise a 3 stop.

Good racing again this week @Speedy6543 . Nice move up the inside down the straight on lap 25, I was actually looking to keep the inside but you surprised me by jumping in quickly.

First of all thanks for hosting @Gravitron Lucas!!!

I had a blast. The first 15 laps, including 2 simultanious pitstops, were extremely close with @Siggers . Then @Ph1sh came somewhat between us and I could break lose with him being on a lower fuel map probably. After about 5 more laps I started to catch up with @alexamenos who was on a different pitstop strategy as he pitted 1 lap earlier then I had to. End of lap 21 of 26 my last pitstop and tyrechange and I came out almost right on @alexamenos ' tail. Close racing looking for a gap I finally found my way through in turn 1 on the last lap. Ending my race with seeing @MadMax out of fuel but yet still too far away to overtake him before the finishline.
:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

I poked my head in to see you guys race and I have to say that I want to give this a try...I have no idea about pit stops and strategy along with little to no online race experience. I will check my schedule and see if I can make this on Wednesday...maybe put me in last place to start. :lol:

Thanks again...I really appreciate you guys letting me watch! 👍

:cheers:

I can't bloody count!
I often use my fingers to count laps left till pits :lol: This one was a crazy @MadMax 3 vs 4 stop and I think 4 was probably faster for the racers that could go under 2min. :bowdown:

Congrats @Iceman on the win! :cheers:

Would have been more fun if @GTP_Patrick1 and @roamer2629 were allowed to join. :ouch: (PD connection issues)
I was very close to making a new room to see if that would fix things.

Quali:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180203131311.png

Race:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180203141859.png

Fastest laps:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180203143743.png

I often use my fingers to count laps left till pits :lol: This one was a crazy @MadMax 3 vs 4 stop and I think 4 was probably faster for the racers that could go under 2min. :bowdown:

Congrats @Iceman on the win! :cheers:

Would have been more fun if @GTP_Patrick1 and @roamer2629 were allowed to join. :ouch: (PD connection issues)
I was very close to making a new room to see if that would fix things.

Quali:

View attachment 711389

Race:

View attachment 711392

Fastest laps:

View attachment 711391
That looks 🤬 crazy.

I should practise more with the fuel thingy.
Should practise more with pitstops overall to be honoust.
Hit the square button to fast so only changed tires and had to pit again in the next lap..
Ran out of fuel in another stint which didn't contribute to a nice result either :lol:
Just a general question:I was wondering about the problems with connectivity or 'start freezes'.
Do you NA guys experience the same problems in 'your' lobbys at Wednesdays or is thisonly an issue in WW races?

I should practise more with the fuel thingy.
Should practise more with pitstops overall to be honoust.
Hit the square button to fast so only changed tires and had to pit again in the next lap..
Ran out of fuel in another stint which didn't contribute to a nice result either :lol:
Just a general question:I was wondering about the problems with connectivity or 'start freezes'.
Do you NA guys experience the same problems in 'your' lobbys at Wednesdays or is thisonly an issue in WW races?

I Know @roamer2629 has been having this issue quite a bit and it doesn't seem to matter who starts the lobby. The other thing that happens and has happened is the race starts and the car goes into auto drive but that only seems to happen on rolling starts. Saw that happen in the all star race yesterday that Doodle was in. This flaky lobby stuff must be really frustrating for those that get on the wrong end of whatever glitch it wants to throw up next....so far I've been lucky.

I wondered what happened to you after you were pushing me so hard :lol:

Very frustrating yes...by now I guess the only solution is waiting for PD to fix it because we are positive it's not my connection. The PS is wired, on a static IP, and DMZ. It only happens on lobbies, no problem at all with sports races. But zone doesn't seem to be the issue, run races on friday with Dutchy hosting and had no problems...

Back