GTP_WRS-Online Event 10: Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 138 comments
Thanks Guys! :)

Okay, I have a vertical stand with fans for the PS4 as I have it wall mounted above my TV and that takes one USB port but it has three USB extenders along with two dedicated DS4 charging stations built into the stand base. I have my TM wheel in the other port.

I will disconnect my vertical stand's fans and use that port for the DS4 direct to the PS4 as a test. How long will a fully charged DS4 last...will it make it through the race? If it will, then I can leave it ON and not hooked up direct to the PS4.

:cheers:

It will last a race with no issues. My DS4 has lasted days without charging.

Thanks Guys! :)

Okay, I have a vertical stand with fans for the PS4 as I have it wall mounted above my TV and that takes one USB port but it has three USB extenders along with two dedicated DS4 charging stations built into the stand base. I have my TM wheel in the other port.

I will disconnect my vertical stand's fans and use that port for the DS4 direct to the PS4 as a test. How long will a full charged DS4 last...will it make it through the race? If it will, then I can leave it ON and not hooked up direct to the PS4.

:cheers:

Just as a test disconnect the fans and just plug your wheel in one port, headset in the other and then DS4 through wireless with the mic plugged in....see if that works if so then it's the port extender that's the issue.

The DS4 will last quite a long time on a single charge and has more than enough for a race and lots more.

If not using the port extender works then I have a suggestion for driving the fans and charging the DS4 👍

I did the NA race and enjoyed it a lot. Ended up with a gap both ahead and behind at the end, but there were enough strategy differences to keep it close for most of the race. I did a straight four stop, and gave serious thought to trying two stints on one set of tires.

Had to laugh every time someone ran out of fuel.

I did the NA race and enjoyed it a lot. Ended up with a gap both ahead and behind at the end, but there were enough strategy differences to keep it close for most of the race. I did a straight four stop, and gave serious thought to trying two stints on one set of tires.

Had to laugh every time someone ran out of fuel.
I did a 4 stop in WW and EU. In both races I skipped the tyre change every other pitstop.

Welcome to the new guys, I saw lots of great racing from behind you! :D

Congrats @Ph1sh on the win, and @Mini Stiggy and @mcsqueegy on the podium. :cheers:

NA Quali:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180207191820.png

NA Race:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180207201828.png

NA Fastest Laps:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180207222629.png

Finish on fumes:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180207222602.png

---

that was a great race in NA. too bad I got stuck at the grid. I'll try again next week
Normally, for a racer that has a history with us of NOT getting stuck on the grid, we would restart to see if it was a fluke. Maybe a 2nd restart and rejoin the room.

Last night I didn't call the restart because I don't know your setup. Wired? NAT type? DMZ should help, but we still have some drivers getting stuck, with open router settings. :ouch:

Last edited:
Understandable @Gravitron, Connection isnt the issue seeing i only ever have it on wired. but, for what ever reason I can't seem to shake off NAT Type 2 even after opening the ports and putting my ps4 into the dmz. I figure I need to yell at my ISP again about this.

I am very interested in this suggestion...:) Thanks Mike!

I had a bunch of things that needed charging and powering especially when the PS4 was not on and bought one of these

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/PowerPort-5-Ports/A2124112

Best bit of kit I have bought and it will power just about anything that runs off USB power source. When I am on-line and in a chat session I have my wheel and headset plugged into the PS4 and my DS4 plugged into the PowerIQ box which will run your fans too. That way you never have to worry about your DS4 running out of power.

They do different versions of the same thing but the 5 port one seems to be more than enough you can even charge your phone at the same time.

When I switch the PS4 off I just plug my headset and anything else into the PowerIQ and let them charge up ready for the next session. Never had an ounce of trouble with it and weirdly the only thing I have found that won't charge is the DS3

Back