GTP_WRS Online : Saturday Attack - Next Event TBD

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 276 comments
I'll be setting up the lounge shortly, will edit the number into this post.

EDIT:

1472-6118-3787-3246-1081

Last edited:
I have to cancel my entry. I have to move some furniture and get some home cooking. The deal isnt waiting for the me or the races.

Have fun guys

After tonight's racing, I've decided that I don't like Ascari Race Resort very much. Not to say I didn't enjoy tonight's racing; I did, but I had several frustrating moments when I kept going off track.

Maybe it's because of the limited time I had to practice, but I feel that even if I had worked on the TT last week, I'd still have messed up at some point tonight.

Ned, after looking at the replay from the first race, it's easy to see that your throttle could only go as high as 80% most of the time (sometimes maybe as high as 90%). But it was back to normal for the 2nd race.

Had a bad first race, spinning Strop out and then waiting. :ouch: That kind of sandbagged the 2nd race, which was much better, but lots of twitching and sweating as Bart closed in on the last 2 laps. :scared:

Nice job, Bart! :cheers:

rx-7-sat-attack-results.PNG

Ned, after looking at the replay from the first race, it's easy to see that your throttle could only go as high as 80% most of the time (sometimes maybe as high as 90%). But it was back to normal for the 2nd race.
I have numbness off and on in both feet as a result of extracurricular aviation adventures and sometimes it sneaks up on me. Combine that with an overly smooth throttle style (a muscle memory dating back to my power oversteer Lotus twin cam big valve prodsport car in Europe). I am going back to driving in my socks or maybe getting some really supple driving shoes,they really make a difference. During the first race I was wearing rubber soled indoor outdoor slippers that we too stiff, and my seat had slipped back a couple of inches. Many many thanks to the observant fellow racer who took the time to figure it out. That is why I am extremely pleased to be racing with this group of professionals.

I started last and even fell off when I tried a new line I learned with the low power....and still my total time went from Gap to leader of 1:12 to 50 or so.

I felt better prepared for the attack last weekend, but I still had two huge wipeouts that put me way in the back of the pack. The first wipeout is where I discovered that the tires lost all traction coming back onto the track. I finished over 90 seconds behind, but at least I finished. 👍

I took my seemingly regular spot at the front of the second race and ran some good laps before @Gravitron attacked. He was able to take the lead (by the 3rd or 4th lap I think) :bowdown:, but I was determined to stick with him. He went in hot into the S2 1st right-hander, and I was able to regain the lead! However, I biffed the same exact turn on the very next lap. And I couldn't get back onto the track safely until I was in 7th place. Then I got complacent and murdered the last left-hander, losing another place right before the end.

However, my time was only 33s behind, so I am taking that as a sign of improvement:tup:

I snapped a couple of picks. I would have done more, but I became very distracted by the 3DTV update. :D I just had to drive after that, but I think I got a good shot or two before then. Enjoy!

13741755205_3edfab1177_b_d.jpg

13741756175_b0d4323b7b_b_d.jpg

Back