GTP_WRS Online : Saturday Attack - Next Event TBD

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 276 comments
I'm having trouble connecting... maybe because of Dean hosting the room?

We've got about 4 mins left of qualifying before we start race #1. So far Bart has the pole with me 2nd and Pekka 3rd, but still some laps left. I'm happy with my lap so parking. :sly:

Thanks for the racing. Good thing "sandbagging" doesn't work due to it being on combined lap time. Was not exaggerating when I said I was half asleep, I could barely keep my eyes open. Ate some chocolate between races and then ran a solid 9 laps, mostly 20s and 21s with a couple 22s. Sorry it kinda screwed up the system :scared:

were 2 good races shame my car wasn't broken in but had fun anyway looking forward to the next race

The Attack format races turned out much better than I expected. 👍

Here are the results.

12_05_2013_zps7387612c.png

The shuffleraces afterwards were quite fun as well. :)

Was good fun yesterday. Thank you all for coming out 👍
The shuffle races afterwards were hilarious, its always a pleasure to race with this great group of racers.

See you next week.

The Pozzi Combo could fit it very well. The only thing that's holding it off now is the oncoming Silverstone Enduro.
I think people will be practicing more in the coming weekend than to do the Pozzi in attack format.

Yah, we certainly can't do it this week with the special event. But we can certainly drum up one of these in one of the next few weeks. Personally, my weekend racing is now kaput during the day, so I'll leave it up to the other team members to organize.

The Pozzi Combo could fit it very well. The only thing that's holding it off now is the oncoming Silverstone Enduro.
I think people will be practicing more in the coming weekend than to do the Pozzi in attack format.

I'm game for next weekend. I was really hoping to be able to drive that Camaro in a race. My Internet issues prevented me from competing in both EU and NA races yesterday and I would really love to race that thing. I think I have my Web access sorted out now.

I would be interested in this coming back I only did a saturday attack once since it was actually my first race. :P
But the saturday time slot fits me pretty well so count me in for whenever the next one will be.

WRS-OE3D3TitlesWeekendRacingXXL.png

What R U FoRGeTtinG P/D?

Specs as in Event 8 modified for the Saturday Attack Format

n%C3%BCrburgring-gp_d_16-copy-sm-jpg.126972

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

March 23, 2014

4:30 PM Eastern | 1:30 PM Pacific | 20:30 GMT | World Clock

Qualifying will begin promptly at the time above and the session will last exactly 15 minutes at which point the race countdown timer will be started
The lounge will be set up right after the completion of the Academy - approximately 45 minutes prior to qualification.
Watch this thread for a notification post when the lounge is open for Saturday Attack.

RUF RGT '00 @ Nürburgring GP/D

car_ruf_rgt_00.jpg
track_nurburgring_gpd.jpg

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Single Stint Pre-Race Qualifying
  • Setup: The lap times will be reset by changing tracks (and back) 5 minutes prior to the qualification session.
  • Length: 15 minutes. Run as many laps as you desire during the time, however tire changes are NOT allowed which should put a cap on the effective number of laps. The race countdown timer will start at exactly 15:00.000 minutes on the track clock by a steward. Drivers can attempt to finish hot laps until the timer expires. It is our understanding that any laps completed prior to 10 seconds on the timer will count, but those completed at the last seconds of the timer will be ignored by the system.
  • Pits: Closed for service. You should park in pits manually or via start/exit when you are finished running hot laps, but you cannot change tires and return to track. You can also park/ghost on track if you can get sufficiently away from the racing line.
  • Groups: Track is open to all drivers during the session. Drafting is not allowed so space out appropriately or dip out of draft if closing in on someone. When exiting pits be sure to wait for a sufficient gap and stop if necessary to allow drivers on track to pass without interference.
  • Notes: Drivers arriving late can join the quali session at any time during the session. Drivers that do not have time to run at least one hot lap will start in the back. If you exit to the lobby after running a hot lap your times will be reset so stay on the track or in the pits. If a driver DCs during the session they will lose their best lap, however they can rejoin and run another lap (time permitting) or rejoin and start in the back.
  • Corrections: None! Whatever grid order the system gives us will be official... no restarts or formation laps. The second race is reverse grid with gaps so there is some amount of correction built in if you start further back than you should. This is unofficial and just for fun so just go with it!

*If the size of the grid is large relative to the size of the track split qualifying (2 groups) will be utilized instead with 2 hot laps allowed per driver. Group 1 driver should remain on track to keep their times registered with the system, but must ghost off the racing line and wait for group 2 while they qualify.

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PQR = Practice, Qualify, Race
  • Room Privacy: Public
  • Entry: Type GTP WRS to identify yourself if you don't use a GTP tag
Room Settings
  • Room Comment: GTP_WRS_What R U FoRGeTtinG P/D
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard
Course Settings
  • Course: Nürburgring GP/D
  • No. of Laps: 10 X 2 races - Race 2 Reverse Grid with Delayed Starts*
  • Weather: 0%
  • Weather Changeability: Fixed
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
  • Time: 8:00am
  • Time Progression: 20
Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: 15 min
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.
Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Race 1: Fastest First, Race 2: Reverse Grid
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: Filter by Make -> Manufacturers -> RUF
  • PP Limit: 506 PP
  • Max Power Limit: 397 HP
  • Minimum Weight: 1330
  • Drivetrain: RR
  • Tires: Sports Medium (S2) (Front and Rear) (Time Trial was Sports Hard)
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Custom Rims: Allowed
  • Oil change: Allowed
  • Other tuning, custom parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment, or chassis reinforcement are not allowed. We can verify these things from the replays.
Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Available / Optional
  • Driving Line: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake: Prohibited

*Each drivers target "launch time" for race 2 will be a function of their gap from the race 1 results. That last place finisher will start at the green light (0:00.000) and each driver will wait for a their specified "launch time" with the winner of race 1 leaving the grid last. A race steward will let each driver know their targets during the break between races.

n%C3%BCrburgring-gp_d-copy-sm-jpg.126970
I'm in nail-27

The reg images weren't showing all of the people signed up, but it should shortly. But note it will still look a little wonky. :boggled:

I've sent friend requests to nail-27, couttsy21, RowdLL, and EWeinbauer to allow us to potentially run today's event in a friends-only lounge to prevent the randoms. Accept them before you start the game, if possible.

Yes, and the lounge will be open about an hour before that. Which account will you be using? I only have GTP_Mika on my list, but that account hasn't logged in for 11 days.

Yes, and the lounge will be open about an hour before that. Which account will you be using? I only have GTP_Mika on my list, but that account hasn't logged in for 11 days.

Yup i'll be using that one haven't had much time lately.

Let us know if you're having problems connecting. Try clearing cache first and re-try. So far Rustic has been refused entry even though he's on my friend list.

Sure, but we are right now switching to a public room hosted by GTP_AspecBob

Back