GTP_WRS Online : Saturday Attack - Next Event TBD

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 276 comments
Thanks everyone for coming out today. The Attack races hadn't been run for almost a year, so the formula may need a little update given we have a new game now.

But the formula says @mclarenf176 wins by a small margin over Hasslemoff! :cheers: You getting pole by a few tenths in that first race was quite a good thing. 👍
With couttsy21 and Hasslemoff getting bad starts, it was quite crowded at turn 1 and mclaren started running away with it. Hasslemoff and I almost caught up to
him at the end of 10 laps, with Moff and I having a really nice battle. :)

Then race 2 started off with the 3 of us blasting off at the same time, dragging down the straight, and having a good few close laps until the chicane finally threw me in a weird way.
Spent the rest of the race yelling at Unicorns and chasing Daniel, which made the Unicorn crap a bit more tolerable. :lol:

race 1 fast lap: Hasslemoff - 1'34.931 (probably in my draft:sly:)
race 2 fast lap: GTP_mclaren - 1'35.365

not an official race, so please don't worry too much about accuracy here...
ruf-rgt-sat-attack-results.PNG

Here's some pics I took:

Turn 1 is hectic! How Daniel (green) and I (black) ended up toward the front I have no idea. :P

Nürburgring GP_D_29.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_30.jpg

Great battle with Moff, almost dropped the ball in the final corner at the end.
Nürburgring GP_D_35.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_31.jpg

Drag race to begin race 2:

Nürburgring GP_D_32.jpg

Nürburgring GP_D_33.jpg

Losing it on lap 2 or 3 :dunce:

Nürburgring GP_D_34.jpg

I wish I could have made it for this but I had plans all weekend. I had no idea these were starting this past weekend until maybe a day or two before. Did I miss something or was the announcement made last minute?

I wish I could have made it for this but I had plans all weekend. I had no idea these were starting this past weekend until maybe a day or two before. Did I miss something or was the announcement made last minute?
It was a last-minute thing.

Fun races guys didn't even have any practice before hand, so it went pretty well seeing how I ended up on the podium in the overall results. :P

Fun races guys didn't even have any practice before hand, so it went pretty well seeing how I ended up on the podium in the overall results. :P
During qually I had a controller problem that drastically slowed the car and all I could get up to on the back straight was 3d gear. It was like I had the brakes on.. I started trouble shooting and somehow booted myself out of the qually which meant that I was unable to race as the computer links the two events. In fact I did have the brakes on as the cannon plug to my driving force GT was partially disconnected and gave me what we used to call in the flying trade ...Queertrons. (IE the inputs from the pilot/driver did not result in the expected action and then CND'd (can not duplicate)when the electrical guys on the ground would try and fix your jet)I later joined the race for the second race but because I had no finish in the first race I ended up on the pole for the Attack Australian Pursuit Race. Grav told me to go invisible and to take off when the last one went by me. I misunderstood his instruction...I pushed and HELD the start button instead of just pushing it. As a result all the guys on the outside line used me as a chicane.....sorry guys. Lesson for the new guy 1. DO NOT EXIT PRACTICE FOR ANY REASON (except maybe if your house is on fire) 2. To go invisible push the start button...AND RELEASE IT...and 3. SWITCHES SWITCHES SWITCHES....which means pre-flight your gear to make SURE you don't have STUPID system problems that could have been easily prevented. I watched the first race and there was a mighty fur ball in mid pack...wish I'd been there!!!!

I had much fun last Sunday. Though I still had some issues keeping it together, I felt my performance was a bit better than the Wednasday race. I improved my racing lines on 90% of the track, giving me some of my fastest lap times (1:36.xx) to date :D. Of course, that 10% was significant. To illustrate:

I think I'm handling it coming out of the S-turns..
13413042214_291e81b4b9_b_d.jpg

...but I heat my outside tires up too much, biffing (official term ;)) the turn...
13412800153_f27d14826c_b_d.jpg

...and ending up on the grass. Mika wins!:cheers:
13412836663_e90d180d36_b_d.jpg

All in all a fine experience, though. Thank you all!

Here are some other shots from the track. Enjoy! 👍

13413157424_751b24cecb_b_d.jpg

13413177574_fc6335ce7a_b_d.jpg

13412814655_6bed54f9ec_b_d.jpg

13413180524_1a8169674d_b_d.jpg

Decided to sign up for Sunday's event. I haven't participated in one of these before so it should be interesting. :)

Hopefully PD's servers will be a bit more stable than they were 6 weeks ago (fingers crossed).

Signed up! With the list so far I'm pretty much setting myself up as an attackee, but it's good practice for applying racecraft under pressure. :D

Practice Room ID 1472-6118-3830-2742-5329 Open :cool: Closed :(

...on the radio: mixmag.info // podcast Mixtape #68 Marieu & Lucretio

Last edited:
Apologies to Mclaren, Daniel, and Crispy for the unintentional contact, I tried not to take advantage of those punts. :embarrassed:

No worries. I was having plenty of my own issues for a little paint trading to have mattered. I need more practice racing on worn tires. I also tend to miss my brake point when in traffic, causing the as yet inevitable spin out at the beginning of my race. If I can work that out, I think I will have much better races.

Thanks for organizing, @Gravitron! :cheers:

And great combo Bart. I really enjoyed it! 👍

I took some pics, but haven't pulled them off the PS3. They should be posted later today. :D

Flickr and I are finally on speaking terms again, barely :banghead:. Here are some pics from the first race. Some good, photographic moments. Enjoy!

13561086383_82ab596af7_b_d.jpg

13561021895_5b888f4d68_b_d.jpg

13561376584_2aeecdc356_b_d.jpg

13561608654_98e5123975_b_d.jpg

13561607344_6cb8c16eee_b_d.jpg

And, me un-lapping myself at the end of the first race.:lol: If there is a chance you can finish before the timer ends, you go for it!!!:mischievous:
13561316893_0242737de4_b_d.jpg

probably the only time I will ever pass Bart in a race:bowdown:

Signups open for A Scary Rx Attack races on Sat April 5 @ 19:00 GMT. See the OP in this thread.

I chose that time as it's an hour after F1 qualifying ends (or at least, an hour after it's done broadcasting on TV for me, NBCSN appears to not show it live).

Maybe afterward we can switch to practice for the following weekend's Parity races.

Seems I have to cancel as my ps3 won't play gt6 at all will play any other blu ray DVD or game but refuses to even see gt6 is in the disc tray even worse is the disc is only two days old after I exchanged my old disc for same issue

I've completed the registration form twice now, but I'm not showing up on the entry list for some reason, even after the entry list updates. :confused:

Back