GTP_WRS-Online : Special IV - 2014 WRS F3[D3] British Grand Prix - July 4-6

Al, saw the replay. I clearly pushed you off track. Should have waited for you. During the race I thought you had space, and that I had enough time to recover my line, but that is not the case.
Sorry again, and whatever the stewards throw my way, I deserve.
Will keep learning...

you're not alone, roamer. Welcome to the club.

This race was awesome and had all in it to make it very enjoyable to drive against mostly all evenly matched Drivers.
Had some great on track fights and also strategie came into play and I was lucky to finish 3rd.
Looking forward to the next special even it's a long drive.:gtpflag:

Not my race unfortunattely, since 1.09 i have weird connection problems. I heard @Nail-27 made a remark that rooms can be different to one and other, i experienced weird little shocks in the first lap which caused my 1st off track.

The 2nd one was the weirdest off them all, have a look if you want after that i had another off also due to lag problems.

In the end on the 40th lap i spun due to over driving my self ;)

I hope this will get better, if not i am going to take a gt6 online break.:yuck:

@Friday_GTRP Wow that was very very strange and it cost you a lot of placis. With me it is that the picture turns black for a second or zo nut when that happens on a corner a mistake is easily made.

I did have also some picture breaks for few millisecond once in a while and they were very distracting when you're middle of the corner.

Big thanks to Al and Bart (& to all behind the scene) for this race.

Well done everyone who join the race.

I had some skipping going on as well, but I just it was because of my Ps3 running hot as usual. Though when remaking the lobby, neither Pasm's or Ali's room would show up. Had to use a track search once.

Race report :

@LLOYDZELITE69
Started 2nd race winner excellent speed,car-control,pace was untouchable and 3 great reaction saves to keep the car pointing in the right direction.

@PASM
Started 1st finished second again great race pace from you as always a unlucky spin on lap 13 cost you a lot but the only man to drop in to the 2:03s and managed to fight back up to second.

Gtp vipond

Started 5th finished forth had a great battle with jammy In the first stint and jumped him at the pit stops,had great pace and was closing in on 3rd in final 10 laps but ran out of laps .

@jammy21

Started 4th finished 6th,had a nice battle with vipond before pitstops and a very nice race pace and also a best lap in the 2:04s well done!!

@BionicDerp

Started 8th finished 5th
Great 1st lap kept it pointing in the right direction with 3 great reaction saves and and got up to 6th had a few issues in race but kept it together to finish a strong 5th.

@Friday_GTRP
Started 9th finished 8th was very unlucky with his crashes was 100% pd room connection fault for the invisable wall crash thou the crash in opening laps I think was pushing to hard with out those issues had the pace to be challenging the leaders.
But like all top drivers you'll come back stronger.

@patrick19602005

Started 13th finished 11th didn't seem to have full confidence in the car at some points In the race but still kept fighting right till the end great attitude.

JTV
Started 8th finished 10th had a decent race climbed as high as 7th in the race kept a nice pace didn't over drive the car close finish with Patrick at the end .

@gazziboy

Started 12th finished 13th

A decent pace in the high 2:07s to 2:08s bit of a Lonely race for you at points in the race but great attitude and kept pounding round till the end .

@msgt-sd
Started 7th finished 7th
Suffered the worst starting lap of all dropping 5 places but pulled his way back all the way to 7th with pure speed great passing and a best lap in the 2:04s by the end of the race (impressive)

@dangerzone641

Started 6th finished 9th
Had a great start passing me on 1st lap but out brakes himself and spun with a unsettled car but very close at the end with Patrick and JTV

@otxjto

Started 10th finished 12th great attitude kept fighting whole race and kept it clean deserved a top ten finish

Myself :

Well I'm going to change my name to mister 3rd as it's what I got in every qualification session and in the race.
Had a decent race was the last to stop for fresh tyres and fuel in first round of stops which a allowed me to run in first for a few laps and also kept me ahead of Bart for awhile but running my car with my qualifier setup was not ideal or was under fueling myself on 2nd pitstop but u battled on for a solid 3rd.

I should've started 9th, but Friday and I picked the wrong sides at race start. Was too late to switch so I half-throttled it to let him by at the start. Hope that's alright.

My early lap spin in turn 1 spooked me for a while. As I said after the race, it felt like I took that turn like I always did, that set me back a good bit from the field. I was then overly cautious for too long thinking about that spin. Once I got some confidence back after about 15 laps, I started clicking off consistent lap times and making up ground on the field. Nice write up @skyline1683 .

That 2'04.8 time came from when I did my 2nd pitstop (in Silverstone to go pit its kind of shortcut if your pit spot is after start/finish line). My real fastest lap time was 2'05.517 (6.lap) :)
Race report :
@jammy21

Started 4th finished 6th,had a nice battle with vipond before pitstops and a very nice race pace and also a best lap in the 2:04s well done!!

Yes I have really fun and close racing with @Bleached (Vipond) at the beginning of the race and then two times with @BionicDerp .
Both battles (with Vipond and BionicDerp) I lost - this time :)

Last edited:
Well, things didn't go well yesterday. I started 3rd at the grid behind Darren and Al. Didn't want to start early so fixed my eyes on Al to make my move. I should have known better. He accidentally started in reverse which completely ruined my start (My fault of course not his), and was 8th at turn one. I recovered a couple of positions and was chasing Crispy down the main straight on lap 2 when he clipped the curb on the first turn, tried to overtake him on the inside of turn two but had to go off track not to hit him and spun. He was a gentleman and waited for me to pass before going back to the track. I had a very conservative setup, and my plan was to be around 2.09-2.10 steady for the duration. But the spin made me loose contact with the rest of the pack, and worst of all, I got too fired up about regaining some lost time. Al was behind me, faster than me of course, and I guess I couldn't take the pressure, went to far on turn 3 and hit him when trying to recover my line. To make things worse, during the race I didn't realize the contact was so bad so I didn't wait for him. Al sorry again, I hope you have some patience for this newbie to online racing. In hindsight, I should have let him pass me, continue the race at my pace, and see where that left me.
Last but not least, I stopped for my second pitstop before him and strop, dropping from 5th to 7th, and when they came out of boxes right ahead of me, and I should have tried to keep calm and stay as close to them as I could, I got ambitious again and went off track at the exit of Maggots.
I hope I learned my lessons and keep cool next time around, because racing when there is a difference of seconds between us slow drivers and aliens requires a very careful approach I'm still getting used to.
Sorry if I messed up anyone's race other than Al's...:nervous:

Well, things didn't go well yesterday. I started 3rd at the grid behind Darren and Al. Didn't want to start early so fixed my eyes on Al to make my move. I should have known better. He accidentally started in reverse which completely ruined my start (My fault of course not his), and was 8th at turn one. I recovered a couple of positions and was chasing Crispy down the main straight on lap 2 when he clipped the curb on the first turn, tried to overtake him on the inside of turn two but had to go off track not to hit him and spun. He was a gentleman and waited for me to pass before going back to the track. I had a very conservative setup, and my plan was to be around 2.09-2.10 steady for the duration. But the spin made me loose contact with the rest of the pack, and worst of all, I got too fired up about regaining some lost time. Al was behind me, faster than me of course, and I guess I couldn't take the pressure, went to far on turn 3 and hit him when trying to recover my line. To make things worse, during the race I didn't realize the contact was so bad so I didn't wait for him. Al sorry again, I hope you have some patience for this newbie to online racing. In hindsight, I should have let him pass me, continue the race at my pace, and see where that left me.
Last but not least, I stopped for my second pitstop before him and strop, dropping from 5th to 7th, and when they came out of boxes right ahead of me, and I should have tried to keep calm and stay as close to them as I could, I got ambitious again and went off track at the exit of Maggots.
I hope I learned my lessons and keep cool next time around, because racing when there is a difference of seconds between us slow drivers and aliens requires a very careful approach I'm still getting used to.
Sorry if I messed up anyone's race other than Al's...:nervous:

Your'e very like me then, the exact same thing happened at the 'ring 2 weeks ago. I'm not the most patient either. It grinds my gears when I'm stuck behind someone I know I'm well able to pass easily. But I lose my patience and try stupid moves that get me into a lot of trouble.

Your'e very like me then, the exact same thing happened at the 'ring 2 weeks ago. I'm not the most patient either. It grinds my gears when I'm stuck behind someone I know I'm well able to pass easily. But I lose my patience and try stupid moves that get me into a lot of trouble.

I guess the adrenaline got the best of me. I'm going to set a new goal for me as off today: I'm gonna try to be as calculating and as cold as Alain Prost. If the driver ahead or behind me is usually faster, I'm gonna let them be about their business, and if the driver ahead of me is slower, I'll wait for a mistake to overtake as long as necessary. If I had waited to overtake Crispy, and let Al pass me without a fight, I could have been 5th or 6th and I wouldn't have messed up with anybody's race...
It's really difficult for me right now not to get carried away, Kobaiashi-Sato style, and loose long term view of the races.
Again, sorry and thanks to the more experienced drivers that had to put up with my mistakes...

Race report :

@dangerzone641

Started 6th finished 9th
Had a great start passing me on 1st lap but out brakes himself and spun with a unsettled car but very close at the end with Patrick and JTV

Didn't expect you to do a cutback on me like that lol, felt good throughout the rest of the race but made too many costly mistakes. Should've practiced more.

• I should've started 9th, but Friday and I picked the wrong sides at race start. Was too late to switch so I half-throttled it to let him by at the start. Hope that's alright.

...And the guy in front knows you are faster but...if he is involved in his own battle for position and/or you are also in position so to speak he SHOULD NOT let you by...that is shooting oneself in the foot (also known as podiacide lol). So whats a fellow to do. Its the very old and very true old saw about racing ...catching him is one thing, passing is another.
Here we err on the side of caution and gentlemanly race ethics. When I was REALLY SLOW I just moved over ...now not so much in other leagues where I am running more towards the front...here..in the presence of greatness :crazy: I still give the fast guy the nod even if its for position...but he still has to find his way past. In the past when I pulled over and lifted I usually got punted for my trouble :eek:

Great fun even if I did throw it all away at Luffield on the first lap and then got pissed at myself and was very erratic for a bit until I started Hitting my marks again.

Thanks guys that was a GREAT EVENT.

Great recaps and comments! :)

Keeping my cool during the race is my biggest challenge. I kept repeating to myself before race start, "Remember, drive conservatively." I did NOT wipe out in my usual overzealous lap 1 turn on cold tires. My first mishap was on lap 4, but it was brief (I think someone else bumped me too, so it wasn't even my fault :lol:. I lost all the positions I had gained from other people's mistakes, but I was still in the race at the back.

I then settled into a groove and put down 10 decent laps in a row, including my fastest time 2:09.0xx. It all started going wrong around the first pit. I thought I could stay out one more lap on the tires--big mistake! It was a bad enough lap that I pitted next time around.

My race went downhill after that. Enough mistakes that the new goal was to not get lapped. Then to unlap myself. :lol:
At the start of the last lap I had 2:11 left to make it around. Doable if I just...drive...conservatively...and wipe out on turn 3...sigh. Had I kept it together, I would have made it.

Though my outcome was typical, I do feel that it was my best non-parity event yet. My sliver of improvement is entirely because of the drivers in this community. Thanks to all and especially the race coordinators for all the hard work. Great racing from everyone I saw. I witnessed some of the best gentlemanly racing to date
:gtpflag:

Yeah. Im sure I Q'd 12th. The guy who was ment to be in 13th stole my spot. But nevermind.
I was qualifier 13, the grid position had you as 8th. I noticed you behind me at the last second and tried to get Bart's attention, but it was too late. Part of the confusion I think is the drivers you should have been next to did not know where you were as you were so far behind most of the lap. It threw everyone off by one position when you did not fill position 8. Being in the back, I could not see what was going on up front. I just know that I was supposed to be behind JTV and next to OXTJO, where I was. I suspect a number of drivers were wondering where you were. You should have been up a few rows, even then, I delayed a bit for you to get by me.

Last edited:
I must have read the wrong table. Sorry to anyone I caused confusion to.

Still, I enjoyed driving. Found quite abit of speed compared to before I found out about the race. If there is another one I'd like to join. Also ill watch the forum to see if you guys open up the registry thing again.

Back