WRS Red Bull Ring Short Special

red-bull-ring-short-track_9-copy-jpg.187266

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Feature Race's

3 X 30 minute races

Saturday 2nd August 2014

2:00 PM Pacific | 5:00 PM Eastern | 21:00 GMT | Local

Steward's Notes: 3 X 30 Minute Sprint race's with 3 different cars, you choose which car to use in each race, BUT you must use all 3 cars. Tuning is prohibited so you can spend your time learning each car to the run up to the race.
These 3 cars are very different, but the lap times, top speed and corner speed is very similar and great fun on Sports Soft tyres.

Who will be the quickest overall.

The Overall Results will be calculated using the total time across all 3 races for each driver.

In the case of a driver disconnecting after the race has started, the driver will get credit for the race but will be assigned a race time of 1sec slower than the last-place finisher. DNF's do not get credit for the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrs-oe_3d3_event-details-png.104991

red-bull-ring-short-track_14-copy-jpg.187268

General:
  • Date: August 2nd 2014
  • Track: Red Bull Ring Short
  • Qualification: Race Alone Mode, 5 min
Basic Settings:
  • Room Mode: PQR = Practice, Qualify and Race
  • Room Privacy: Friends only
Room Settings
  • Room comment: GTP_WRS Special event 6
  • Room type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard
Course Settings
  • Course: Red Bull Ring Short
  • Laps: 33 +1 formation lap
  • Weather: None
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • Start Type: Formation Lap
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: Off
  • Tyre Wear/ Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Pits: Unrestricted
FR Car Selection
  • Make: Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
  • Model: BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
  • Performance Points: 518pp
  • Power: 361 bhp
  • Weight: 1150 kg
  • Tuning: Prohibited (Brake Balance Adjustment Allowed)
  • Tyre's: Sports Soft
MR Car Selection
  • Make: Lexus IS350 GT 300 base Model '08
  • Model: IS350 GT 300 base Model '08
  • Performance Points: 513 pp
  • Power: 333 bhp
  • Weight: 1150 kg
4WD Car Selection
  • Make:Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08
  • Model: Impreza GT300 Base Model '08
  • Performance Points: 514 pp
  • Power: 333 bhp
  • Weight: 1100 kg
Common Regulations
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovary: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Managment (ASM): Available/ Optional
  • Driving Line: Available/ Optional
  • Traction Control: Available/ Optional
  • ABS: Available/ Optional
  • Handbrake: Prohibited

Track boundaries For Red Bull Ring Short
  • Red and White rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.
  • Green cobble stones are not track.
  • The 3 yellow bump/rumbles are not track.
  • All tarmac outside the white lines at turn 1 and the final 2 turns is not track. Example:

red-bull-ring_13_small-jpg.175220

Private Room Hosting

We will be using private rooms to host this event, as opposed to our current norm of using public rooms. At the moment the only way for private rooms to be set up is via "Friends Only" rooms. For this reason, closer to the event date designated room hosts will be made known, and it will be your responsibility to send a friends request to your designated host.

Qualification:

Qualification for each race will be before each race using PD's Race Alone, time dependent on numbers in the Lounge.

red-bull-ring-short-track_6-copy-jpg.187264

Last edited:
wrs-oe_3d3_driver-registration-png.104990

red-bull-ring-short-track_1-copy-jpg.187263

Feature Race's

Saturday 2nd August 2014

2:00 PM Pacific / 5:00 PM Eastern / 21:00 GMT

specialGT6_005_reg.png

(tables will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Register Here

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.
There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)
red-bull-ring-short-track_12-copy-jpg.187267

Last edited by a moderator:
So disappointed that I am not going to be able to run this special event. Darn shift work!!!!! Short course, great handling cars and lots of wheel to wheel action on this one!!!!! Have fun everyone!

Al

Signed up as a reserve for now. I will probably confirm as the race draws closer. Looking forward to doing some test races :D

This is a great event With three wonderfull cars.
I've signed up for the races.

Thank you so much this just made my day :bowdown:
Great cars to race, great way to race them, Kudos :gtpflag:

I will have to miss this event due to business travel :(. I did get to run some laps with the admins, and it will be a blast to race these cars on this track.

Nice pictures @Allibubba99 👍, especially the one with all 3 cars in a staggered formation.

This looks good. I'm not a big fan of the track after the SLS fiasco but I'll give it a shot with these three fine machines.
So these should be sprints with no pit stops, right?

This looks good. I'm not a big fan of the track after the SLS fiasco but I'll give it a shot with these three fine machines.
So these should be sprints with no pit stops, right?

Yes there should be no need to pit, the short version of the redbull ring seems to have a bit more of a flow in these cars aswell.

How much time are we planning between races? It's an hour and a half, maybe two, people might need a break...

There should be around 5 to 10 min break after each race while we enter the results and the aim is to try and keep the event around 2 hours or less.

I'm in with my traditional traffic cone paint scheme.

Impreza: I expected understeery pig but it's actually the fastest. Curbs, bumps, grass. Doesn't matter, point and shoot.

BRZ: Predictable, well behaved as long as you watch your wheelspin on exits. Fun to drive but 3 tenths slower.

IS350: Ugh. I'm not a big fan of the weight transfer oversteer. It gets little wild when the tires start going down and the car becomes lighter. Another 3 tenths slower compared to BRZ.

Last edited:
I'm in with my traditional traffic cone paint scheme.

Impreza: I expected understeery pig but it's actually the fastest. Curbs, bumps, grass. Doesn't matter, point and shoot.

BRZ: Predictable, well behaved as long as you watch your wheelspin on exits. Fun to drive but 3 tenths slower.

IS350: Ugh. I'm not a big fan of the weight transfer oversteer. It gets little wild when the tires start going down and the car becomes lighter. Another 3 tenths slower compared to BRZ.

Been doing some testing on my own. Agreed with everything you say. They are still 4 or 5 tenths apart from each other at the track, maybe less. I suppose I will try and use the most difficult car (The IS in my opinion) on the first race, then the BRZ and finally the Impreza as to use the easiest car when most tired...

Been doing some testing on my own. Agreed with everything you say. They are still 4 or 5 tenths apart from each other at the track, maybe less. I suppose I will try and use the most difficult car (The IS in my opinion) on the first race, then the BRZ and finally the Impreza as to use the easiest car when most tired...
Good set of cars and all similar to drive, yes the IS seems a bit harder to drive and I find if I touch the outside on turn 1 I very quickly get out of control, others seem ok so I will start with this so mistakes when tired do not happen.

Good spot. 👍 I've fixed it, the PP, HP, and weight were off.
That's good, I had to ask as I got caught once before and the car for an event had a very similar name to another and after doing a lot of practice I was lapping with the Div 1 times submitted which I thought was odd. When I when to join someones Room I did not meet the requirements and then realized i had the wrong car, with the correct car the order of the Universe was restored and was no where near the Div 1 times :)

Good set of cars and all similar to drive, yes the IS seems a bit harder to drive and I find if I touch the outside on turn 1 I very quickly get out of control, others seem ok so I will start with this so mistakes when tired do not happen.

Seeing that you use a DS3 like me I have to say a bit of Tc might help at the rumbles in turn 1 on the Is

Great concept, Great track and great cars. I'm in! Expecting ton's of fun with these series!

1472-6399-9009-5382-0415

Edit: Finished. That was fun. Thanks Lucas.

We just ran the IS today. Managed to beat my BRZ time but I'm sure it won't stay that way when I drive the Subaru a bit more.

Last edited:
Back