GTP_WRS-Online : Special V - Triple Mix Part Deux - August 2nd @ 21:00 GMT

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 177 comments
Congrats Mike!! Glad the bump we had (I gave you really) at race three didn't take the win from you! We lost seven seconds at least so it did take the second spot from me to Johan (congrats on second place!), so I guess I'm well served :boggled:
Great racing, great group of racers (c'mon first 5 positions on the grid less than one tenth apart?:scared:) great cars.

Thanks to all administrators and stewards for making this happen :gtpflag:

PD: For all of us who loved the event, and are willing to participate in a GT-300 regular series, let's no allow the idea to die. Question for the WRS overlords, any way you see this becoming a reality? Are we just daydreaming? :D

I'd love that - basically the same event done in a series on different tracks? YES, PLEASE!!! 👍👍:bowdown:

Now the results are up you can find my race-report over here http://roeszagt.frlk.nl/wp/?p=943
Was great racing to bad my first race was not good otherwise I might have took victory from @mr_lab_rat but he was overall just the best.

Great reports. Google translate came up with a bunch of gems:

In the 15th round MeisterFetz could outwit mr_lab_rat ...
I threw away this advantage by almost purring when coming straight ...
I could not finish Crispy_one but my butt and I had to stay focused ...

Great reports. Google translate came up with a bunch of gems:

In the 15th round MeisterFetz could outwit mr_lab_rat ...
I threw away this advantage by almost purring when coming straight ...
I could not finish Crispy_one but my butt and I had to stay focused ...

That writer makes some very funny lines. :lol::lol::lol: or he had a :cheers: to many. :gtpflag:

That writer makes some very funny lines. :lol::lol::lol: or he had a :cheers: to many. :gtpflag:

I used to work as a translator and language teacher for a long time (Ended up working for trading rooms in Banks and big lawyer firms and almost loosing my sanity along the way) and we used to be pretty relieved that auto-translators still couldn't do a decent job. Translation is all about context my friends, and that is where machines tend to fail. The best ones use a large database of words used in different contexts, compares that to the text to be translated and come up with a result for a given sentence. And they still get it wrong most of the times. Not that the wrong translations are not a treasure in their own, weird way...
Sorry for going off topic...

8 seconds covering the top four in room B after hour and half of racing. It could have gone either way.
I think it was my first race in the Lexus that gave me the advantage.
I practiced for few hours with the slippery beast.

Javier, the accident cost you two places in the overall. That might be too much punishment for such small bump but I'm sure other people have their own 'what ifs'.

Johan, you were seriously fast and consistent.

Ah...my spin in race 1..:banghead::banghead: else we would have ended up with 5 racers within 10 sec.
And you were completely right in your report. I've been pretty nervous - not only in the last race. first time after qualification for race 1 - after spin I tried to cool down and tried to keep steady, but taking the 3rd in the 2nd race got me mentally for the 2nd time. Not to talk about my leading part in race 3...that crash was a complete brain out. hit that turn2 thinking it was turn 1 then saw the wall coming...and...too late. way too fast.

But in the end I'm really happy with my overall position!!

Alright, official results, finally (pending any typos:dunce:).

There were a few incidents that should have gotten penalized, but due to circumstances we have decided to warn the drivers that they will not be racing with us if that behavior continues.

Ayhancan199 (PSN POLISET) has apologized and owned up to his incident-riddled race 1 and ensuing rage-quit in race 2. He was better behaved the following day in the C4/Cape Ring races, but as seen in that thread, still had unnecessary contact with @et_.

Iceman220 (PSN Ruzinvincible) has apologized for his hit-and-run on @GTP_Dutchy, but we've also reminded him of the rules: If you cause avoidable contact during a pass, you give the place back, otherwise you will be penalized.

With that out of the way, spend a few minutes hours staring at these. :)

gt6-event027-5-a-race1-png.197609

gt6-event027-5-a-race2-png.197608

gt6-event027-5-a-race3-png.197630

gt6-event027-5-a-overall-png.197606

gt6-event027-5-b-race1-png.197613

gt6-event027-5-b-race2-png.197612

gt6-event027-5-b-race3-png.197611

gt6-event027-5-b-overall-png.197610

gt6-event027-5-merged-png.197614

Already congratulated @et_ on the overall win, and the other podiums, all that's left is this:

I will admit that the room splits were not ideal, with 20/20 hindsight, but we went with our best guess at the time. :indiff:

@Gravitron 👍 Good work I like all these stats, It's all about the numbers
All staff did a great job putting this thing together week after week so :bowdown: to you all :@::gtplanet:
I thought before the races also that the room split was just fine but some guys just did better then they usually do and others a bit worse but that's something you can't see before hand.

Looking forward to the Spa Special :gtpflag:

Thanks @Gravitron ! good effort from all staff members!👍
I do want to note that @Ayhancan1998 do not need to apologize to me personally, all the contact we had with eachother both in these races and the C4/Cape Ring races was tough but fair, I think. The only thing that was a bit over the line was probably the fight with @jtv90069 in Moff's mix Race 1.

SPA Special is going to be legen, wait for it, dary!:cheers:

I will admit that the room splits were not ideal, with 20/20 hindsight, but we went with our best guess at the time. :indiff:

There was no way to know. Some people practiced, some didn't. Some people don't do much TT so their handicap doesn't reflect their speed.

And one more personal thing about the room split. Just before the race I asked if I could be moved from room A to B. I didn't do it to make it easier for myself.
I did it because I assumed we were racing against the clock and that the results from both rooms were going to be combined anyway. I also wanted to join Joe as I knew race stewards sometimes sacrifice good racing to "babysit" the second room.
At that time I didn't realize that there were three races and three chances to get a podium finish. And that getting a podium is hard when there is just one room with all the aliens.
So I hope you are looking at it the same way as I do when I value good close racing more than a number on the results board. But I probably robbed some of you a podium finish.

Last edited:
Looking at the results of both rooms, I think the room splits were very close to correct. The overall combined times is possibly a little misleading, with incidents, unusually poor races and errors having an effect.

Of the 10 who completed all 3 races in room A, 8 were in the 53's in all 3 cars, and 2 were in the 53's for 2 cars. Compared to just 1 of 12 in room B getting into the 53's in all 3 cars, 2 doing it in 2 cars and 5 in the 1 car.

I've really enjoyed seeing the race reports and as I get time later today or tomorrow I'll try to add mine.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great reactions you all made on my race report. (and also the one I did on the mazda is as mazda does)
I just wanted to say I love making them and helping other people out making them. Although its a time consuming activity. On both reports I spend approximately three hours. But its a great way to analyse and learn from mistakes. I think there's a lot to learn from reviewing the replay from multiple angles to get a good understanding of certain situations which in the race happen so fast there is no time to think about.

Right now I'm working on a draft for an GT300 championship. But before i make anymore comments about that I want some of the guys who have experience with organizing these things to have a good look at it. So to be continued... But not within 3 weeks because I'm on vacation then and right now..? Well right now I have to drink a lot of:cheers: because I'm so depressed over the fact that I will never be 26 years old again and will have to deal with being an 27 year old fart :dunce:.

:cheers:
Cheers,

Kevin
P.s I loved reading the tsunami of race reports I seemed to have triggered :D:gtpflag:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great reactions you all made on my race report. (and also the one I did on the mazda is as mazda does)
I just wanted to say I love making them and helping other people out making them. Although its a time consuming activity. On both reports I spend approximately three hours. But its a great way to analyse and learn from mistakes. I think there's a lot to learn from reviewing the replay from multiple angles to get a good understanding of certain situations which in the race happen so fast there is no time to think about.

Right now I'm working on a draft for an GT300 championship. But before i make anymore comments about that I want some of the guys who have experience with organizing these things to have a good look at it. So to be continued... But not within 3 weeks because I'm on vacation then and right now..? Well right now I have to drink a lot of:cheers: because I'm so depressed over the fact that I will never be 26 years old again and will have to deal with being an 27 year old fart :dunce:.

Cheers,

Kevin
P.s I loved reading the tsunami of race reports I seemed to have triggered :D:gtpflag:

If I were you my dear young men, I wouldn't complain about being 27, you know: Guys who are 15 or 17 would give a finger in their hands to be able to do the things a 27 year old can; Guys like me (40 and above) would give fingers from both hands and probably a toe too if we could be 27 again, with the wisdom and experience of 40 years olds
(You see what I'm doing here right? I don't wan't to portray us as bitter old farts :D)
But of course you are entitled to a Grolsch or two :cheers:
Regarding the the GT-300 series, I'm all for it of course, and willing to help if needed 👍

Great pics. It makes me want to practice some photo skills.
BTW my typical orange paint is Arancio Atlas (from Lamborghini Aventador). The Lexus is one mean looking sexy beast.
I'll be sticking to the orange/white paint scheme and #21 whenever possible.

I choose to paint my cars in the colours from the Dutch flag red white and blue With the rims in the national colour orange. Always running With #68 on the Doors and the hood.

nedenor.jpg

@GTP_Dutchy, if you manage to equalize those cars, I am in. Still wish GT6 made doing so easy.

@Gravitron did we have some contact in turn 2 during the third race? I went inside, I think we touched, you slowed, I passed. I was so disgusted with my overall performance I didn't even bother saving any replays. Wanted to make sure I didn't cause any trouble to hurt your race.

I made a joke before the race about being in the room with the aliens, but I was looking forward to the challenge. After racing the SLS GT3 there on the full course and running ten laps or so with each car, I didn't envision car control becoming such an issue for me. After the first three spins I came to grips with my relative suckiness. Then there were at least another three spins to further cement the fact.
Thankfully I was solo most of the time. Which makes it worse...ha.

I'm definitely more in tune with that track and those cars than I ever even wanted to be. Glad I didn't quit and especially glad I didn't blow anyone's race.

As always, thanks for putting this all together. This is the only reason to even play GT6.

What is the Spa Special I've seen mentioned?

I choose to paint my cars in the colours from the Dutch flag red white and blue With the rims in the national colour orange. Always running With #68 on the Doors and the hood.

nedenor.jpg

Well I decided three races ago that I'm sticking to Cortez Silver Metallic. Seems to go well with any car. Simple, elegant.

I don't think you should attempt to equalize the cars. What Sjaak and Hasslemoff did here was pretty simple and it worked. The difference between cars created some unique battles that would not happen otherwise.

I don't think you should attempt to equalize the cars. What Sjaak and Hasslemoff did here was pretty simple and it worked. The difference between cars created some unique battles that would not happen otherwise.

The format is spot on, I agree. The uncertainty about when each driver is using which car adds an element of course. Dutchy got his position back twice, and I'm almost sure the traction of the Impreza vs the IS had a little to do with it...

The format is spot on, I agree. The uncertainty about when each driver is using which car adds an element of course. Dutchy got his position back twice, and I'm almost sure the traction of the Impreza vs the IS had a little to do with it...

I think it's not that simple. In my opinion (haven't done the fact checking about this) i thought the Lexus has an speedadvantage down the straigt maybe because of the extra rev's I don't know. On top of that Mike did a good job slip streaming and choosing the right moment. on the other hand I think the Impreza is quicker through the corners (at least with my skillset).

@GTP_Dutchy, if you manage to equalize those cars, I am in. Still wish GT6 made doing so easy.

@Gravitron did we have some contact in turn 2 during the third race? I went inside, I think we touched, you slowed, I passed. I was so disgusted with my overall performance I didn't even bother saving any replays. Wanted to make sure I didn't cause any trouble to hurt your race.

I made a joke before the race about being in the room with the aliens, but I was looking forward to the challenge. After racing the SLS GT3 there on the full course and running ten laps or so with each car, I didn't envision car control becoming such an issue for me. After the first three spins I came to grips with my relative suckiness. Then there were at least another three spins to further cement the fact.

I'm definitely more in tune with that track and those cars than I ever even wanted to be. Glad I didn't quit and especially glad I didn't blow anyone's race.

As always, thanks for putting this all together. This is the only reason to even play GT6.

But before we go all "it should have one car", "or it should have three" and "why don't we add the lunar challenge with a Daihatsu midget" maybe it's better to keep focusing on making this thing happen. Let's just say that I've been busy doing what I think is right and let things take it's natural course and wait a bit.
(and I've been waiting to say this) Trust me I'm an engineer!

Cheers,

Kevin

I think it's not that simple. In my opinion (haven't done the fact checking about this) i thought the Lexus has an speedadvantage down the straigt maybe because of the extra rev's I don't know. On top of that Mike did a good job slip streaming and choosing the right moment. on the other hand I think the Impreza is quicker through the corners (at least with my skillset).

But before we go all "it should have one car", "or it should have three" and "why don't we add the lunar challenge with a Daihatsu midget" maybe it's better to keep focusing on making this thing happen. Let's just say that I've been busy doing what I think is right and let things take it's natural course and wait a bit.
(and I've been waiting to say this) Trust me I'm an engineer!

Cheers,

Kevin

True. Surprise us!
Now about that lunar challenge in the midget...tuning allowed? :D

No that was all my bad, I bumped r0msii off and took a few moments to realize what I'd done. :ouch: Lap 7

I thought you did well in this event. 👍

Back