GTP_WRS-Online : Special VI : 2 Hour Interlagos Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 25 and May 2

• Thread starter EDK
  • 300 comments
Have a great race guys! :cheers: I will watch one of the streams.. Thanks for sharing ;)

I just upgraded my internet from 200 meg to 365 meg and the confirmation email says it can take up to 5 days to become active.. Hopefully I can join the next event with no issues :cool:👍

Have a great race guys! :cheers: I will watch one of the streams.. Thanks for sharing ;)

I just upgraded my internet from 200 meg to 365 meg and the confirmation email says it can take up to 5 days to become active.. Hopefully I can join the next event with no issues :cool:👍
Jesus what you gunna be using all that bandwidth for? One 4k movie for each eye streaming, whilst downloading every episode of Friends and playing an online game all at once?

So as opposed to last week where I just got irrationally frustrated with even the slightest mistake and it snowballed, this time was far better managed. I feel like I was way more aware of what I was doing and thinking more often before I made a pass, especially in one incident ahead of me (No names but it was abit..spicy). Only had some close calls and two incidents in the same corner after the uphill double-right hander (With the same car but can't recall who) but apart from that, I felt like overall it was way better. Finished higher obviously because I didn't do a dum-dum on fuel nor spun it like a moron, but it was overall a much better race. GT cars were pretty good, some close calls as I wasn't sure what line some of you were taking but not too bad.

Good race, looking forward to the next one and hope to continue keeping my habit of throwing it away strictly to Dirt Rally 2.0 :lol:

Thanks again for fun race. I tried different strategy this time and it was bad one. I did too much fuel saving on first stint and lost too much time, but it was fun to try.

Here's my driver change - went close to given time zone - ended when time left 30min 50s :)

WRSEvent_20200502.jpg

Did you forget the driver change time zone 30 - 90 min :confused:
And we're live.:cheers:

Wow what a race....very intense,especially the first stint.Trying to keep Bart's slip (that sounds weird :lol:),pure racing,no fuel saving.
Didn't had a strategy,untill I noticed Bart and Stiggy ran 3 and 2 laps more then me on 1 tank.
Figured Jammy did the same,cause despite he is faster then me the gap stayed the same.
Only mistake I made was during the pitstop at the end of the race,when I pushed the cross button without fuelling,so had to make 2 stops in a row.
Congratz Stiggy and Phil,good job.
And hats off for all the GT ,excellent awareness of the faster cars. (At least in my experience)
Good job all :bowdown:
:gtpflag:

I really enjoyed last nights race. My first time in a multi-class race where I am in the faster class. I tried my best to choose suitable places to overtake the GT's. I seemed to catch them most often in sector 2!

Anyway, here's my 5 minute stop:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200502210701.jpg

5 minute stop - not sure why the screen is black in the picture but luckily all the HUD has shown up :scared:

Thanks for the race everyone, had a lot of fun and was really quite nervous as this was the first time racing actual people for at least a year or so. I knew I could drive the car round the track fast enough and consistently but hadn't had any practice with other people around so was a little tentative, but warmed up to it after a few laps. Looking forward to getting involved in a few more races soon. Great to and fro battle @EDK we were on opposite strategies and was great fun right to the last lap!

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200502212400.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200502212400.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 17
5 minute stop - not sure why the screen is black in the picture but luckily all the HUD has shown up :scared:

Thanks for the race everyone, had a lot of fun and was really quite nervous as this was the first time racing actual people for at least a year or so. I knew I could drive the car round the track fast enough and consistently but hadn't had any practice with other people around so was a little tentative, but warmed up to it after a few laps. Looking forward to getting involved in a few more races soon. Great to and fro battle @EDK we were on opposite strategies and was great fun right to the last lap!
You were realy fast but burned alot of fuel to nice to race with you

Hi all.
Thank you for a nice event.
And congrats to class winners and podium finishers.:cheers:
Special mentioning to @EDK and @PASM for planning and hosting Qs and races.👍:gtpflag:

It was very fun to try out a longer race. More of this please.:dopey:
But I was very nervous during the first stint. So sorry to any GT drivers who felt it got a bit iffy during the first couple of parses from my side.:nervous:
It wasn't all clean driving on my part, and my attempt to keep up the the lead pack didn't pan out - despite I was on the Push-Max-strategi 16 lap stint plan.:boggled::bowdown::confused:
So I seemed to end up in the gaps, so for my part, mostly a "lonely" race.
But had a great time none the less.

Thanks again for fun race. I tried different strategy this time and it was bad one. I did too much fuel saving on first stint and lost too much time, but it was fun to try.

Here's my driver change - went close to given time zone - ended when time left 30min 50s :)

View attachment 917069

Did you forget the driver change time zone 30 - 90 min :confused:

Well, forgot:rolleyes:.
I messed up my own planning and thereby lost focus on the time frame/deadline.:banghead::dunce:
So yes, you could say that I forgot about it.:ouch:
At the planned time of the driver change, I got trigger happy and just pressed for tire change as soon as I could.:banghead: so I went on, with the intent to come up with a plan on the way.
Sadly I was to concentrated on my original plan and driving that I forgot about the deadline.🤬:guilty:
So when entered for my final pitstop I was on my target - minus the driver change. It was 3:30 too late. Face slapped myself at that point.:lol:

So, I really need a race engineer...;)

:gtpflag:Thanks again guys for putting these events on :bowdown::cheers:

Was confused at the start as i was put in with the lmp's , waited for my place but found order slightly out ?
started from last but made up a few places , unfortunately i touched the grass span then spent the rest of the race trying to catch up .. lonely race for me . excellent racing all hope we can do it again...
Catch u soon :cheers:

Well that was massive fun - thankyou guys @PASM @EDK for organizing!

Congrats @Mini Stiggy @PASM @Rikson @EDK @oink83 and everyone, It shows the high standard of WRS drivers when a 2 hour race with different classes can be so clean.

I stuck to 12 lap stints but was about 10 seconds off getting the 72nd lap I was aiming for, if i hadn't been too cautious and overfueled in that last stint, plus a few other little errors i think it would have been possible. I also gave myself a fright by missing my driver change the first time and having to do it on my fourth stop :lol: overall better than last week though so I'll take it.

Chief Tannabok Gets the News 03052020113128.jpg

My Heart 03052020113332.jpg

Spot The Difference 03052020114520.jpg

Well Boys We Did It 03052020115106.jpg

Current Objective Survive 03052020115521.jpg

You Werent Supposed to Do That 03052020121134.jpg

Back