GTP_WRS-Online : Special VI : 2 Hour Interlagos Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 25 and May 2

• Thread starter EDK
  • 300 comments
Driver Change Sim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-233431_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200425-233431_Video Player.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: EDK
First time doing a race of that length, and first time with multi class racing, and i had a blast - thanks @PASM / @EDK and everyone for the clean racing, sorry to any LMP drivers who may have struggled to get by - i was learning all race which where the best ways to let you by and when/when not to change my line, i should be better at that next weekend.

I learned a lot this race, mainly that A) a fast strategy generally avoids running out of fuel and the resulting 2 and a half minute lap 🤬 ( mind = blown )
And B) incase of mistake 'A' dont randomly give away 3 seconds at your driver change that you may then need at the end of the race!

I also saw a real drop off in consistency and a little in pace too after the first couple of stints, and also when being passed, there is a real skill in endurance driving I think in being able to get back in your rhythm after being passed, and i definitely don't have that yet.

But having said that, I had SO MUCH FUN, the event was awesome, and the LMP coming past so frequently really spiced up the race.

Congrats @Mini Stiggy on the win and @PASM on the podium ( didn't see who was third LMP? ) and @DerDoc @Rikson on the podiums, doc that last stint was crazy, couldn't believe it was coming down to the last lap, and you were more than fair :cheers: great driving.

Can't wait for next weekend!! Well drove everyone

EDK
The right side clock counts, so this looks to be a small penalty. I will look at the replay tomorrow and rule on it.
ohhh, I just didn't know.
Penalty is only fair then - sorry
Btw: I've crossed the white pitentry line once (first stop) and couldn't remember how to compensate that, so I'll accept another penalty for this
doc that last stint was crazy, couldn't believe it was coming down to the last lap, and you were more than fair :cheers: great driving.
Yeah, I couldn't believe when during my last stint suddenly your name popped up ranked behind me:eek:
The gap would have been big enough to get away with the division win but not with that "extra" lap.
And additionally the time penalties I'm facing make you the deserved winner:cheers:

Thanks to all the fair and fun Participants today, you guys are what make WRS work and happen. :bowdown:

I had a lot of fun with this race, and felt like my strategy will be fully dialed in for next weekend. So good luck to all and we appreciate you coming out.

And of course, thanks to @PASM for Hosting. :D

Great stuff tonight guys and had fun. First endurance and first mixed class race for me also so tried to stick to my lines and learn the whole race what worked for faster cars passing. I hope and think there wasn't but sorry if there were any lines that presented issues for any LMP drivers (please let me know if there was so I can continue to learn!)

Well organised as every event has been that I have been a part of on here so thanks to @EDK and @PASM for organising and another thanks to @PASM for hosting this evening

Going in and running stints the way I did didn't quite work out for various reasons but was fun none the less and so much learnt from everyone. It was really interesting to see the small difference in strategies and how this affected the race throughout.

Congrats to @Mini Stiggy and @Philtaylor17 for class wins!

Great stuff tonight guys and had fun. First endurance and first mixed class race for me also so tried to stick to my lines and learn the whole race what worked for faster cars passing. I hope and think there wasn't but sorry if there were any lines that presented issues for any LMP drivers (please let me know if there was so I can continue to learn!)

Well organised as every event has been that I have been a part of on here so thanks to @EDK and @PASM for organising and another thanks to @PASM for hosting this evening

Going in and running stints the way I did didn't quite work out for various reasons but was fun none the less and so much learnt from everyone. It was really interesting to see the small difference in strategies and how this affected the race throughout.

Congrats to @Mini Stiggy and @Philtaylor17 for class wins!
Thanks for the fight in the back fun as hell lokking forward to race again next week

First thanks to @PASM & @EDK for hard work to make this happened :cheers:

I don't know how long its been since I race on GTS last time - must be years. Done few of those Levis Hammilton TTs and WRS TTs when I had time but thats it. PCARS has taken my online playing time...but I didn't wanna miss this event.

Damn I didn't remember that GTS has tires temperature too (some kind of anyway) and 1st lap & 1st corner sliding to beach and dropped all the way to back of grid. Well that makes race more interesting as your motivation goes high to catch up the field.

Race went well with Gr3 cars. Really nice driving. I have done many multi class races on PCARS and this was really one of the best races in that sense :cheers:

Race with LMPs wasn't so nicely done as there was really bad blueflag driving but hey this was for fun right?

Lastly congrats for podiums in both classes and well done :cheers:

See you next week.

PS Here is my pitstop driver change on 5 min
WRSEvent_20200425.jpg

First thanks to @PASM & @EDK for hard work to make this happened :cheers:

I don't know how long its been since I race on GTS last time - must be years. Done few of those Levis Hammilton TTs and WRS TTs when I had time but thats it. PCARS has taken my online playing time...but I didn't wanna miss this event.

Damn I didn't remember that GTS has tires temperature too (some kind of anyway) and 1st lap & 1st corner sliding to beach and dropped all the way to back of grid. Well that makes race more interesting as your motivation goes high to catch up the field.

Race went well with Gr3 cars. Really nice driving. I have done many multi class races on PCARS and this was really one of the best races in that sense :cheers:

Race with LMPs wasn't so nicely done as there was really bad blueflag driving but hey this was for fun right?

Lastly congrats for podiums in both classes and well done :cheers:

See you next week.

PS Here is my pitstop driver change on 5 min
View attachment 914672
I didnt see what happened so I'm just speculating, but maybe the car you were trying to lap had done his driver change but you had not. In this case would the driver still have to let you through?

Theoretically the car that is being shown blue flags may actually be in front, it's just the timing of the 5 minute pit stop being the only reason he would be laps down. Just a though.

Not the best race for me,at least the start wasn't.
Saw Phil runnin' wide and got a bit to enthousiastic and spun off.
Tires bit me big time,have to bare that in mind for the next one.
Noticed even after pitstop it takes a while to get some temperature into the tires.
I took a look back at Bart's vid and saw some struggling with the lmp's allso at Senna S .

Had a good race,few tiny misstakes but no harm done.
2 hours seems long but with the lmp's flying left and right behind you it's never boring :lol:
Congrats to the winners,thanks Bart and Kevin for organising / qualifying rooms and see you all next week.
:cheers:

Saw Phil runnin' wide and got a bit to enthousiastic and spun off.
Tires bit me big time,have to bare that in mind for the next one.
Noticed even after pitstop it takes a while to get some temperature into the tires.
I took a look back at Bart's vid and saw some struggling with the lmp's allso at Senna S .
:cheers:

I spent the next few laps worried I had maybe lagged or made contact with you, sorry you lost some time but glad it wasn't due to contact 👍

I couldn't believe how low the grip was, I almost ended up on the green astro stuff. I think what happened is everyone is used to the cold tyres from the pits or standing start, but they were colder again than that and if you weren't early on the brakes you were waving goodbye to your apex.

Pretty sure everyone will be much earlier on the brakes next week :lol:

Nice though but drivers were lap behind. I wasn't only one with that one as I could saw on replay. By the way GTS has really good replay as it saves whole race (PCARS might save less than 60 min).
I didnt see what happened so I'm just speculating, but maybe the car you were trying to lap had done his driver change but you had not. In this case would the driver still have to let you through?

Theoretically the car that is being shown blue flags may actually be in front, it's just the timing of the 5 minute pit stop being the only reason he would be laps down. Just a though.

Sorry my manners cheers guys for Organising this had a lot of fun .
Hope to get better result next one if i can work out the strategy... :cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

Hi guys , now starting to think about the next thrilling instalment of the Wrs special VI :gtplanet:
Is anyone on for a few laps ? Let me know i need to refine my race so i can hopefully stay with the pack .
Was great up to the first stop but i didn't change rubber and lost everyone in the second stint , had a couple of battles along the way so was good fun,

Q. Is the first Event results displayed hear when you guys have time ?

Catch u soon

(uk time 👍)

Last edited:
I won't be running for this until later in the week @richroo - sure some people will be practicing though, and if not it's still worth setting up your own room to experiment/refine strategy etc.

Also sorry if this is a dumb question, but is qualifying separate for the two races?

Hi guys , now starting to think about the next thrilling instalment of the Wrs special VI :gtplanet:
Is anyone on for a few laps ? Let me know i need to refine my race so i can hopefully stay with the pack .
Was great up to the first stop but i didn't change rubber and lost everyone in the second stint , had a couple of battles along the way so was good fun,

Q. Is the first Event results displayed hear when you guys have time ?

Catch u soon

(uk time 👍)
Hi rico i will like to run a cuple of laps with you need allso som more testing for next event

Cool @Hobie199 that would be great will add you psn ..
when is best for you ? i'm knocking about its raining today .. say about 3pm gmt as starter ..

@Philtaylor17 Thanks , also can i borrow your alien skin for next race haha

If there is Space left, I would like to sign up for May 2.

If there is Space left, I would like to sign up for May 2.
I can add you as provisional. We currently have 16 confirmed and one other driver showing as provisional.

Same deal as before, show up on race day 30 mins prior, we will give away confirmed seats for drivers who are not in the lobby by 15 mins before race.

Back