GTP_WRS-Online : Special VI : 2 Hour Interlagos Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 25 and May 2

• Thread starter EDK
  • 300 comments
Are the online physics different or do most people just practice offline? I'm sure in 5 and 6 it was different online.

Are the online physics different or do most people just practice offline? I'm sure in 5 and 6 it was different online.
You will want to practice online due to the fuel weight causing some differences in how the car drives.

The physics with fuel burn and tire wear turned off are similar if not the same, but I think lap times are still a bit different.

I think time trial mode effectively runs the car with no fuel weight, which is difficult to simulate online, unless you default the car to a very low partial fill.

EDK
You will want to practice online due to the fuel weight causing some differences in how the car drives.

The physics with fuel burn and tire wear turned off are similar if not the same, but I think lap times are still a bit different.

I think time trial mode effectively runs the car with no fuel weight, which is difficult to simulate online, unless you default the car to a very low partial fill.
Ahh yes brilliant thanks. Will just wait to find out what tyre wear it's going to be then!

Ahh yes brilliant thanks. Will just wait to find out what tyre wear it's going to be then!
I practiced last night in the GT car on 5, and it was fine.

The stints will be longer in LMP, so I am letting @PASM decide the tire wear. I would say it is likely to be 5 or less.

Sorry another question! - It's a little odd having not played for a couple years so I may have missed how a number of newer features work. With the Endurance race mode online, presumably the timer will be set for 2 hours - but the race will actually be slightly shorter than that due to the formation lap procedures? Should I estimate to take off 2 minutes or so from the 120 total minutes?

Sorry another question! - It's a little odd having not played for a couple years so I may have missed how a number of newer features work. With the Endurance race mode online, presumably the timer will be set for 2 hours - but the race will actually be slightly shorter than that due to the formation lap procedures? Should I estimate to take off 2 minutes or so from the 120 total minutes?
Well, yes and no.

As it also depends on when the leaders crosses start finish line. If at 1:59.999, then there will be a whole extra lap.

The track is about 3 miles, so out lap at 62 is likely around 3 mins. But you might give up to half of that back.

Almost certainly safer to build your strategy based on 2 hours.

But surprised you're building strategy if you've not practiced. ;)

EDK
Well, yes and no.

As it also depends on when the leaders crosses start finish line. If at 1:59.999, then there will be a whole extra lap.

The track is about 3 miles, so out lap at 62 is likely around 3 mins. But you might give up to half of that back.

Almost certainly safer to build your strategy based on 2 hours.

But surprised you're building strategy if you've not practiced. ;)

Yeah of course last lap is an unknown - finally managed to download the game yesterday so put in my first few sessions. I'm hoping my internet won't cause problems - my internet gives a NAT 3 - has there been invisible driver issues with NAT type stuff?

Yeah of course last lap is an unknown - finally managed to download the game yesterday so put in my first few sessions. I'm hoping my internet won't cause problems - my internet gives a NAT 3 - has there been invisible driver issues with NAT type stuff?
Yes, but they are different than in the past. Invisible drivers cannot see one another, but they don't end up driving inside of one another and having contact like in the past. More issues with drivers being frozen on grid and unable to begin. We will allow one restart if that happens.

We did not have much of it over the last 4 weekends of events, I have hosted all of those.

Course Settings
  • Course: Autódromo De Interlagos
  • Laps: Timed 2 hours
  • Time: default
  • Time Progression: N/A
Race Settings
  • Start Type: Formation Lap w/ Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Tire Wear: x5
  • Fuel Depletion: x5
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
  • Ghosting: OFF
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Pits: Unrestricted w/required simulated driver change (see below)

Gr. 1 Regulations

• Make: Toyota
  • Model: Toyota TS050 Hybrid Toyota Gazoo Racing 2016
  • Power: 380 HP (Detuned - Requires Level 2 - Power Ratio at 75%)
  • Weight: 875 kg/1,929 lbs (Stock)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Vehicle Tuning: Tuning Prohibited: Power detune is the only change from stock.
  • Custom Paint, Wheels, Number: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed
Gr. 3 Regulations

• Make: Hyundai
  • Model: Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
  • Power: 509 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1,250 kg/2,756 lbs (Stock)
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Vehicle Tuning: Tuning Prohibited: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • Custom Paint, Wheels, Number: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed
Limit Driving Options
  • Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • Driving assist: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
  • Driving Line/cones/markers: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake : Prohibited
Tyre wear has been finalized, 5x

I would suggest GT Class for me, please

Just a quick one...do we have to request qualifying and then the host will confirm date and time or are there going to be specific times to attend qualifying? Also, only because most have classes set on OP, please add me to the GT class as quoted above...thanks :)

Just a quick one...do we have to request qualifying and then the host will confirm date and time or are there going to be specific times to attend qualifying? Also, only because most have classes set on OP, please add me to the GT class as quoted above...thanks :)
I should have a qualifying and practice lobby open Thursday and Friday evening, but that may be late in the day for you. Likely will open at 6 my time, whinh is 8 eastern, and 1 am for you.

Your better bet is likely to schedule with @PASM .

Livery for Race 1 :)

Screenshot_20200422-143846_GT Sport.jpg

Livery for race 2
Screenshot_20200422-161531_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to take part in the GT on both dates iff possible , I can see I need to be lucky to get a seat for the second race though :cheers:

Iff the grid on the first saturday dont even out between LMP and GT cars before raceday I will race in a LMP instead of the GT .......

Iff the grid on the first saturday dont even out between LMP and GT cars before raceday I will race in a LMP instead of the GT .......
I don;t think a 50/50 grid is needed to make good racing, but it's your call.

Really, most series that run both typically have many more GT cars than LMP.

It gets scary for the GTs when it goes the other way. :scared:

Hi fellas! It has been quite a while.
I am interested in racing the enduro this Saturday the 25th.
I see that I am still on the registry, so am I correct to assume I can register for this event?
If so, I would like to race the LMP car for the April 25th event.
Thanks and hope to see you on track.

Hi fellas! It has been quite a while.
I am interested in racing the enduro this Saturday the 25th.
I see that I am still on the registry, so am I correct to assume I can register for this event?
If so, I would like to race the LMP car for the April 25th event.
Thanks and hope to see you on track.
Yes, looks like you are good to go.

Be sure to check out the qualifying procedure, it's in advance of race day.

I will be hosting qualifying on Thursday and Friday evening. I am in Mountain time, should be on until at least 8 my time Thursday, and 9 on Friday,

Hi all ,
I run some laps today and think tyre wear is little low to fuel load should it be tight with pushing tyre wear over refuelling . anyone else ?
Not having been about for a while i am at a disadvantage as to pit strats so excuse me if im talking trash ..

Hi all ,
I run some laps today and think tyre wear is little low to fuel load should it be tight with pushing tyre wear over refuelling . anyone else ?
Not having been about for a while i am at a disadvantage as to pit strats so excuse me if im talking trash ..

I dunno, i ran today and it seemed pretty balanced imo, plus I suppose the tyre wear/fuel burn has to account for 2 different car classes, with different downforce levels, drivetrains, and lap times about 10 seconds apart. Plus drivers with different styles / speeds.

Last edited:
Hi all ,
So, you want 6 lap stints for the GT cars?

GT cars are fuel limited and get tricky on tires toward the end if you manage some fuel save. And fuel save is easy if you short shift.

As Phil mentioned, we have to balance. With long LMP stints, tires are not the limitation.

Back