GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
How about a drift trial @ Suzuka east in the WRX type RA? Or any car really, but Suz east is good to drift. Could be FUN. đź‘Ť

How about a drift trial @ Suzuka east in the WRX type RA? Or any car really, but Suz east is good to drift. Could be FUN. đź‘Ť
+1 A drift event would be very nice indeed. Though I think we should name it to WDS instead of WRS. ;)

I'm slightly opposed to drifting. Reason being many of the drifters have complained from the get go that drift points are not allocated properly in GT5, instead of being a combination of speed and angle, it's time and angle. So most people drift really slowly (with N1 tyres), which means it takes more time to get through the corner and therefore they get more points.

I'd be up for it, though my drifting skills really are pathetic.

I've never had any luck drifting 4WD stuff, and only limited success with RWD too... maybe we could ask one of the drifting guys what car/track combo are good for beginners?

I know we just ran Eiger but I was looking around at possibles in this limited game and the B3 license test in Pro mode using the EVO has the added bonus of a 10 minute timer! I reckon an event where we try and get our best 3 laps back to back and make sure they are in that one and the same savefile consecutively :)

Running 3 fast laps after the slow lap 1 would be relatively easy for most with the use of the ghost to pull us along! but who can be super consistent for all 3 laps? The total time of the 3 back to back fast laps would be the objective .. any thoughts?

Just throwing something in the pot is all ;)
Cheers
Ron.

Just throwing something in the pot is all ;)
Cheers
Ron.

Thanks Ron,

Ideas are always welcome,
I am sure we can keep the GT5P interesting this way đź‘Ť
The B3 license test and a drift combo are on the test agenda.

After testing some possible combos in Drift Trail we decide not to use this concept in the WRS.

Drift Trail and the point scoring ranking just not suit the WRS for now.

Perhaps in future the opinion will change and some room can be made in the WRS to drift.

How about a WRS week where all participants have to compete using the Sixaxis controller? :D

Now I'm not suggesting this just so i have a chance to win, I can't even compete every other week at the current rate of going, but it might be a real laugh and a very interesting handicap.

Looking at WRS participation week on week there only seems to be 1 or 2 sixaxis users competing at all, so it wouldn't fundamentally reverse the order of finishers. Also, during the Sixaxis championship I remember GTP_DHolland set the fastest time in our first time trial and he is long used to the wheel. It won't be as hard as everyone probably thinks.

What might be difficult is policing the use of a Sixaxis as opposed to a wheel. But if people are all regular wheel users, it might be easy to spot in the replays ;)

All the best
Maz

How about a WRS week where all participants have to compete using the Sixaxis controller? :D

Now I'm not suggesting this just so i have a chance to win, I can't even compete every other week at the current rate of going, but it might be a real laugh and a very interesting handicap.

Looking at WRS participation week on week there only seems to be 1 or 2 sixaxis users competing at all, so it wouldn't fundamentally reverse the order of finishers. Also, during the Sixaxis championship I remember GTP_DHolland set the fastest time in our first time trial and he is long used to the wheel. It won't be as hard as everyone probably thinks.

What might be difficult is policing the use of a Sixaxis as opposed to a wheel. But if people are all regular wheel users, it might be easy to spot in the replays ;)

All the best
Maz

I like the idea, but I doubt it'll ever be used due to so called "advantage" of some drivers using controller alredy.

MadMax

I have to suggest the Brera at either Suzuka, Daytona Road or Fuji (If it hasn't already been done :ouch:). The car is so different with default settings to all others to drive it'd be quite the learning curve, you really need to be forceful and almost violent with it, unlike other cars that require smooth and gentle.:) (Tune up the Brera though and it becomes more of a driver's car like others đź‘Ť)

Online free run @ 550PP Suzuka in the Clio. This is such a great combo, so much fun.

Not really a combo suggestion, but I had a thought about the WRS Qualification for GT5 when it comes out. How about a 2 or three 3 hotlap scenario where the lowest total of all three combos gets calculated to determine divisions? Then we can test a variety of combos that can challenge the driver differently and give a more accurate representation of the divisions? What do you moderators and WRS'ers think?

Jerome

A new division above Div.1 called Division Alien for drivers like Timppaq and holl01 who are normally as much as half a second ahead the readt of Div.1 and over a second ahead of Div.2.:sly:

A new division above Div.1 called Division Alien for drivers like Timppaq and holl01 who are normally as much as half a second ahead the readt of Div.1 and over a second ahead of Div.2.:sly:

That's called Division 1 Gold.

Not really a combo suggestion, but I had a thought about the WRS Qualification for GT5 when it comes out. How about a 2 or three 3 hotlap scenario where the lowest total of all three combos gets calculated to determine divisions? Then we can test a variety of combos that can challenge the driver differently and give a more accurate representation of the divisions? What do you moderators and WRS'ers think?

Jerome

Interesting idea, Jerome. Definitely something to consider once we have GT5. đź‘Ť

I'd really like a WRS week where you can pick your car only limited by its Power-To-Weight ratio, keep that choice to yourself, and tune it to your liking including choice of compound. If this'd be in the higher PP regions you could either pick a Gran Turismo on racing cars and with low weight, or a tuned semi-racer with extra ballast or on hard rubber.
Track for that combo: Fuji GT, otherwise DR or Suzuka.
Extra fun is always when you can also meet other WRS gents online so it'd have to fit in one of the currently available races.
In the May '09 choice of online races this combo obviously wouldn't fit :(

Hey Bigracer/Marooned/EDK/Luxy/Denur,

Can I make a suggestion for the leaderboard format?

At the moment the best split at each sector is highlighted in red on the leaderboard, this only tells us really who has the best first sector. Obviously with a little mental arithmetic we can figure it out, but could the board be formatted to show the fastest MIDDLE sector (T1 to T2) in red as well under the "T2" column?

Presently, the leaderboard shows who is ahead at T2, but usually that's a pointless indicator because 90% of the time the entire leaderboard is organised by fastest AT the second split anyway.

What do you think?

All the best
Maz

In honor of this weeks Grand Prix event at Daytona Road course, this would be an awesome combo for next week:
Daytona Road - Tuned Z06, Viper, or Amuse GT1
R1's, stock weight and power, any settings?
watching it makes you wanna do it! great race, btw!

Back