GTP_WRS Week 1 : A Dragon's Tale (Which One is Larini?)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 490 comments

Yet it is not official, to be sure, better check the replay before you submit your lap time. It is just the Aid tool to inform you when you tapped the wall in time you are hotlapping. ^^

Nice tip, does seem to work. Sure someone can clarify.

Lost some time in the first sector, gained in the 2nd and 3rd. Me done for today.

Nice. A couple questions on that:
1) does it save that setting as default for the next session?
2) would it invalidate a lap that could be considered clean by WRS standards?
3) if 2 is true, I believe it disables the option to save a replay and check splits, yes?

Jerome
Good questions Jerome,

1) Unfortunately, I checked it right now, and it seems you need to set it up any time you come to the track from main menu (unless there is a way to set it up in General settings menu)
2) As this is for the wall collision detection, and wall collision (even the slightest one) is in WRS TT's considered fault lap, this won't invalidate the clean lap.
3) As i noticed (need to look more into it) it seems it does not make the ghost if you get faster time, but with the wall tap (unless it was a first lap i guess), but as I said, i need to check this for confirmation.

Good questions Jerome,

1) Unfortunately, I checked it right now, and it seems you need to set it up any time you come to the track from main menu (unless there is a way to set it up in General settings menu)
2) As this is for the wall collision detection, and wall collision (even the slightest one) is in WRS TT's considered fault lap, this won't invalidate the clean lap.
3) As i noticed (need to look more into it) it seems it does not make the ghost if you get faster time, but with the wall tap (unless it was a first lap i guess), but as I said, i need to check this for confirmation.

Wall collision detection is awesome, I was thinking more along the lines of keeping 2 tires on the track at all times. It is probably gonna be one of those wait and see things. But a good help nonetheless, good find man!

Jerome

I checked the best lap replay saving - ran a slow clean lap, then ran faster lap with tapping the wall, so it was invalidate. Then tried to save best lap replay and it saved the slower, clean one, so it works as it is supposed to, yet, you need to set it up each time you go to run some laps. ^^

Wall collision detection is awesome, I was thinking more along the lines of keeping 2 tires on the track at all times. It is probably gonna be one of those wait and see things. But a good help nonetheless, good find man!

Jerome

For the shortcut there is setting aswell, but I am not sure of the accuracy implemented by PD of what it considers a shortcut, yet, WRS runs under custom rules about shorcuts, which can interfere with the in-game penalty system.

Last edited:
EDK
I'd suggest you guys can use it as a tool to avoid the frustration of thinking you just ran a great, clean lap, only to find a wall tap later.

But a visual check of the replay is always going to be required, as it is when fellow participants check your replay.

Oh, absolutely. Would always check my replay before submitting!

Had some good practice today. saw a couple of .3's an even an .2 in T1 and saw a few.3/.2's and even an .1 in T2 only to be screwed up in the last chicane. think that will be the make or break for a good lap.

edit:
This is way too addictive...

Need to start getting some consistent .9 S1s before I'm satisfied. Nailed the last chicane and then threw about .1 away in the last turn going a bit wide. Such a satisfying car to drive when you get everything right with it. :) Brake balance at 3 to the rear.

BB -3 I think is the way to go, you should try it @Mr P

I realized I was over-breaking into the first chicane. once I treated it more like the hairpin in T2 the car balanced out and I could get partially on the throttle for a moment, then smash it on exit. I also Shanked the last turn too of course >_< So my time is just a touch faster than before. I don't know if I found a bug or what, but if I do a fast lap, don't save and restart the session I have no way of saving my fast lap. So in a way I'm lucky I messed up the last turn, I doubt I'll beat these splits though, we'll see!

Jerome

Last edited:
My car is so twitchy coming out of corners. Not sure if that is to do with using a DS3 compared to a full racing setup, but I cannot get close to the top times in sector 1. The best I've done is a 35.5 and really struggle to replicate that consistently, normally around the 35.8 - 36.1 times..

Hi guys. :cheers:
Been a while since my last visit to the WRS. :dopey:

But no better place to really learn the new tracks than here. 👍
So thank you to the staff and all the regulars for keeping the WRS going decade after decade. :bowdown:

First session:

Hi,

my goal was not to be more than a second behind the aliens. But then there comes @Doodle ..... Absolute astonishing 👍

My wheel is now completely dead, beside the calibration issue it has lost its FFB. Ordered a Fanatec yesterday, I hope to get it until the weekend so I can put a few more laps in to reach my 1-second-goal.

cheers,
D.

There's 6 of them I think , a Mazda a Toyota the Lexus a BMW. Some others but not sure what it calls them.

Back