GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
The splits on the leaderboard are only obtained from here in the thread. So make a new post with your latest splits that go along with the replay you submitted. đź‘Ť

Oh, and...Go 'Hawks! :)
I was going to like this.....then I saw the Seahawks bit. :grumpy: :cheers:

Over a tenth up overall :D

Not happy with my T1 though :lol:
I'm never happy with T1 got lucky and hit every mark now can't get bck there like car hug everything now I'm just trying get it around.

I was running this last night with time change set to 60 because I haven't had much of a chance to try out any night driving in the game yet. I started at 10:00 and the time change went through the day and into the night and the sun came back up in the morning just as you would expect. Once I got back to 10:00 the next morning things started getting dark again but it wasn't your typical night cycle, it was more of an overall darkness and none of the lights either on the car or along the track were coming on and it eventually got so dark I had to stop and reload. Is this a known issue or has any else experienced this?

Interestingly, I was setting some of my best times at night and I ended up taking a good chunk off of my best lap once I had restarted and set the time to early morning. Does the time of day affect your speed or is it just a coincidence and I'm just getting better? I also noticed the same thing on the Brands Hatch qualifier where I seemed to be running faster in the morning than later in the day.
Never thought about this but if anything like real racing should matter mybe I know hard put down good laps if track is hot and sticky better if cooler. I don't know if any this in game but something I never thought of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to find some consistency in the first sector :) I've seen a 23.98x once.

Consider this my first banker lap. Happy with it, although a minor errors in both the long left hander and the hairpin. I didn't hit my apex on the long left hander and I outbraked myself a bit on the hairpin. I managed to save the hairpin with a better exit, so in the end I'm quite happy with the T2 time. The last sector was half a tenth better than before too :)

That's me finished with this TT. My best S2 time of 49.973 is almost 1/2 second slower than what my best sectors times combined (accounting for the 2 or 3 tenths I lose in turn 1-2). My fastest lap time was achieved 2 days ago and, despite about 60 laps since, I have not got close...the more I practice, the worse I get. Have gone from enjoying it to cursing every time I try. Good luck to those still trying, hope you manage to improve
Take a break and try again on sunday with a fresh mind!

Just submitted my time, disappointed I couldn't any of the '24.xxx first sectors I had into a good lap, but my best lap is still way better than the times I was getting at the start.

I also plan on keeping track of my mileage put into the WRS, it's currently 301km.

Finally hit my lap :) little tip, keep it in 5th all the way down to the hairpin

threw away so many .7xx's

I've been doing that for the last few days, didn't realise it was actually the right approach. :lol:

Finally hit my lap :) little tip, keep it in 5th all the way down to the hairpin

threw away so many .7xx's

profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

No wonder noone else in gold is competing :)! Awesome work!

Where's @BanditKarter22 when you need him? :lol:

I just can't manage them 23 second T1s again but now I've improved by .25 overall although on this lap my line at the end of 1st sector was horrible so I had to improvise round the long left hander because I entered the corner in the middle of the track. Have now ran 680 miles here, and still finding out techniques I didn't think of before for small gains.

I''ll give this a good go sometime this weekend, haven't had the time during the week to have a good go at this.

Moving backwards! :boggled::boggled::boggled:

Still so lost with this combo. I still have time for a couple more sessions, not giving up. I am waiting for the light bulb to go on!!!!! Come on light bulb!!!! Let me see the light!!!

Al

Moving backwards! :boggled::boggled::boggled:

Still so lost with this combo. I still have time for a couple more sessions, not giving up. I am waiting for the light bulb to go on!!!!! Come on light bulb!!!! Let me see the light!!!

I know that feeling Al, this one started off kicking my butt now it's slapping me in the face and sticking it's tongue out at me. I have no idea how to shave another 4-6 tenths off my splits....think I might need a bit more than a light bulb :lol:

Last edited:
Back