GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, one tip I'll give is that you need to get on the gas, even if just partially, earlier than you think. A lot of us probably drive FR/MR cars more than AWD or FF's, and rear-drives condition you to certain back-on-power tendencies, so you don't spin out. For instance, waiting to get fully back on the power until your front wheels are almost straight. In this car, if you get back on the power while your fronts are still turned, the fronts will work their magic. Like out of the hairpin, stomp the gas while your wheels are still turned to the right, say, right at the apex. Since doing this I have not gone into that sandpit on the left anymore. :lol:

I have some better splits to post but I'm so appalled at the T3 that I almost didn't post them. :yuck: But .150 better to end of T2 at least. 👍
Screwed that up for only .03 at the line. :dunce:

Not really the times I was looking for but I can't really expect magic to happen in my second session, about 5 days apart form my first.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll do some more tomorrow.

Still need to improve... everywhere. I do some great sectors but never one great lap.

Just ran a few more laps. Sector 1 & 3 were personal bests.
Maybe I can still win a tenth or two in the second sector, but I haven't been able to consistently run my best sector times in the same lap.
I will run some more laps tomorrow and see if I can improve some more, but there's a good chance this will be my ultimate lap. :)
Overall, I'm very happy with my performance. Compared to my first session at the beginning of the week, I improved my time with almost 3 seconds. :)
This was my first ever WRS experience, I really liked the car-track combination and I had great fun trying to improve my time lap after lap.
So a big thanks to the whole team behind this whole thing.

I have been trying to mash the throttle @Gravitron I will try stepping on it even earlier when I get another chance at this combo. While I have your attention Lucas.... Like my avatar? Do you remember trying to fly over my Vette?

Starting to get the feel, kinda.......

I think I would like to at least finish where I ranked in the Qualifier but the 1 second club would be a good challenge. :nervous:

The switch back before the last turn looks like a jackpot for T3 it really sweetens up that last sector :)

Last edited:
I have been trying to mash the throttle @Gravitron I will try stepping on it even earlier when I get another chance at this combo. While I have your attention Lucas.... Like my avatar? Do you remember trying to fly over my Vette?
:lol: When I noticed that you'd changed it I stared at it for a few seconds and felt some deja vu, but then didn't put 2 and 2 together. :dunce:
Thanks for immortalizing the moment. :)

After wheel is calibrated press

SELECT+R3+RIGHT PADDLE SHIFT
All at same time you will hear a clonk as it locks too 200*

Do the same with left paddle to switch FBB from 100% to 60%

Just repeat to revert back to normal 900* rotation

Uh...What? I cant make that work. Or am I being punked here?

Not usually a car or track I would spend much time on, however here is what I'm able to manage after about 30 laps or so

S1: 0:24.741
S2: 0:50.141

Uh...What? I cant make that work. Or am I being punked here?
That's the correct sequence, are you holding them down at the same time?

That's the correct sequence, are you holding them down at the same time?
I am. I've done it just after the wheel calibrates after I boot up the PS3 and tried again after I load the game and it calibrates, to no avail. Makes no noise or does anything different. Would the dualshock have to be shut off as well?

Looks like d2 is starting to get nuts. Here are my new and improved, slower splits.

Gained .245(not a typo) at the line. I thought my t3 was pretty good before, guess not. Just need that .15 back in t2 and I'm all set. No prob.

Hi Matt.

Finally had some time to sit down on this.

Been a little busy since this was delivered:
garage1.jpg

And turning it into this:
garage2.jpg

Fell short of my goal in the qualifier, but feel comfortable with it. Then again, there's this combo. Love the way this car feels and the perfect track for it. But again falling short of my goal with it. Anyway my first splits:

Still a few days for everyone to work out the kinks.

Since everyone has been improving since I submitted, I gave it another go. I didn't beat my lap time yet, but I managed to get personal best times for splits 1 and 2. (23.91 and 48.87) My best lap from this session is about .03 off my personal best, and I had a really close call in the final chicane! :eek: Will give it a go tomorrow and go for that final push.

I just seem to be moving backwards at this point. I gotta put it down for now. I can't come within the second of my personal best... I think it is time to attack the track backwards to see where I am truly losing time. That will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Banking what I have now and will try again if there's weekend time. I think I fixed T3 but I couldn't get T2 right to save my life tonight. :dunce:

So, is Fetchy able to check what I'm submitting to see if I set the track setting right and such now? Or did I misread something?

My best sectors put together are getting close to my goal for the week, but not quite. This lap had 3 good sectors, but none of them purple.

Tried again, applying some of the good tips people have been giving (thanks everyone). I also finally installed the shifter that came with my G27 (after almost 11 months!) so I could adjust the steering angle down from 900°. That helped quite a bit. (First tried the tightest setting, but that was too insane...) I got around 0.2s at the line, but most importantly, I finally got under the 50s mark at T2 (if only barely).

Sad thing though, I will have to be without my G27 for about a week while I get a replacement from Logitech (I have to recalibrate it too often). I'll have to use my wobbly DFGT for a while, I guess.

Banking what I have now and will try again if there's weekend time. I think I fixed T3 but I couldn't get T2 right to save my life tonight. :dunce:

So, is Fetchy able to check what I'm submitting to see if I set the track setting right and such now? Or did I misread something?
Yeah, Fetchy is pretty much OCD now. You try to fool him, he will catch you. ;)

My best sectors put together are getting close to my goal for the week, but not quite. This lap had 3 good sectors, but none of them purple.

As tradition plays, I passed you, you had to nudge ahead. I see how it is. ;)

Back