GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
I think I just saw about two thirds of my dream lap, .066 T1 with a .021 T2, sadly I paniced and redlapped it on the chicane, needless to say I felt a bit disappointed afterwards, but life goes on. Trying to find that absolute perfect lap (for my capabilities) is like trying to find a needle from a haystack, in this case, a massive haystack.. and in the end it's just a needle.

So maybe around .1-.2 left to improve for me, but I'm done chasing that now. Submitted a lap with the splits previously posted in this thread. Now to wait and see if I missed something obvious to make the last sector faster, hopefully nothing too big!

Now I have a plane to catch - See you all at Monza!

Got passed by my ghost in S3, but passed him just before the S/F line for a gain of 0.004s (but much better splits!). By the way, if some were still worried about the final time being rounded like the splits are, if that were the case, I couldn't have gotten two laps with a difference of only 0.004s.

Ahhhhh, time to stop. :D When your stats page says you've gone just over 1000 miles on Apricot (~250 of those in online lounges) and you hit a lap with 3 new PB's, that's when I know I'm done. :cool:

Thanks to Kev for the great combo! 👍 Good luck everyone! :cheers:

At last a decent improvement in my sector times, however if I can string together some pb sector times before deadline, my overall time could improve by 3 tenths. Some amazing splits have been posted on the leaderboard.

And what makes you think that?

Just by the way you worded your post. (How is that T1 even possible?? My best is a .93!)

Its as if you are saying, "My best is .93, there is no way someone can go faster than that." And I'm not the only one that seen it that way btw

Almost 0.04s at the line, but slower splits, once again...

Are we going there again, @GTP_CargoRatt?

Are we going where again? Just because I have an opinion of what someone said. :rolleyes: Besides, I really don't think it is your place to question/scold me about my posts, as it doesn't involve you. I am sure that if I am out of line with what I said to Andrew, the proper people will let me know. :)

Now, on to other important matters. After over 90 hrs., I'm calling it done. Submitting with these splits.

Good luck to everyone still running. 👍

My T3 is a disappointment, was up more than .3xx at the end of T2 but was only .1x at the line from my previous best, submitted, have no more time for it this week.

So, I finally remembered to try ABS 10 just to see... and right away saw amazing (for me) T1s... such as 24.250! But I just couldn't handle it... the pressure, THE PRESSURE! Back I go to try again...

After over 90 hrs., I'm calling it done.
I used to call my driving in GT5 more stubborn than fast. I had a ton of time to devote to everything GT5 and played it most all the time. Good times!

But this is incredible. 👍

I'm lucky to get 3 hours a week now.

So, "I might give it one more go" turned into spending 4 hours straight. What have you people done to me?!?

(Shaved .2 more though... and I finally figured out how to do S1 .2 faster, but I can't put that together with a good full run... :banghead:)

So, I finally remembered to try ABS 10 just to see... and right away saw amazing (for me) T1s... such as 24.250! But I just couldn't handle it... the pressure, THE PRESSURE! Back I go to try again...

I tried different ABS settings too, it seemed to help me brake the car in the first turn. It made it easier for me to get the feel of light braking while downshifting in that turn without the car being so twitchy. I can't remember if I used it in my fastest lap. I had one magic lap where I had a .19 thru the first 2 sectors, but I messed up the last turn.

I submitted my time, my splits were about .03 worse than on leaderboard but better at the line, will update later.

I'll worry about my own stuff from now on.

Anyway, I hope that I can ask you guys for tips and advice on how to improve my times. That being said, do you guys believe that DS3 users have a slight disadvantage over users that use steering wheels?

I'll worry about my own stuff from now on.

Anyway, I hope that I can ask you guys for tips and advice on how to improve my times. That being said, do you guys believe that DS3 users have a slight disadvantage over users that use steering wheels?
I don't have a wheel and use the DS3 it's not that it's a disadvantage there just more control with the wheel. You have work with what u got and invest into a wheel if this something your going keep doing it will improve your time's because your have more control. I don't try look at it as a disadvantage since there so many using DS3 and when you do better then someone with wheel not to bad for a remote.

Man, after about 2 hours of trying to reproduce those "miracle splits", I finally got close. But my 3rd sector is kind of ordinary, though. Still, about 0.26s at the line.

EDIT: submitted and accepted, hope to have some time to try to improve tomorrow before deadline

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, time to stop. :D When your stats page says you've gone just over 1000 miles on Apricot (~250 of those in online lounges) and you hit a lap with 3 new PB's, that's when I know I'm done. :cool:

Thanks to Kev for the great combo! 👍 Good luck everyone! :cheers:

See you at the SFL. :cheers:

I'd be more confident if I hadn't hit that one miracle T3 so I know what I missed on this lap.

How can I see how many miles I've driven at the track?

See you at the SFL. :cheers:

I'd be more confident if I hadn't hit that one miracle T3 so I know what I missed on this lap.

How can I see how many miles I've driven at the track?
You keep doing that. :grumpy: grumps

The only way I know to see miles is to surpass your current most-driven track in the Stats area from the main menu.

Mine was Brands, Trial Mt Rev, Fuji GT, and now Apricot.

Gah!
.4 faster in S1, lost it all in S2, but the final lap time is .5 faster... Would love to try a little more but I have this "work" thing tomorrow. Harumph!

Back