GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
My fastest t2 followed by a poor t3 :-( still my fastest lap !!

I am running out if time here !

I'll worry about my own stuff from now on.

Anyway, I hope that I can ask you guys for tips and advice on how to improve my times. That being said, do you guys believe that DS3 users have a slight disadvantage over users that use steering wheels?

You are more than welcomed to ask for tips and advice anytime :)

The only disadvantge of the ds3 is the dexterity level needed, the controller itself can make you go as fast but its just more difficult, theres some ds3 user that are really fast. :)

Got some time so gave around 30 laps. Love the car and the drifts with the abs on 1. Lost some time between 1 & 2 but overall lap was ok. If i could get C1 entry sorted then a 24 dead could be on.

Anyway, I hope that I can ask you guys for tips and advice on how to improve my times. That being said, do you guys believe that DS3 users have a slight disadvantage over users that use steering wheels?
In my opinion, DS3 users have a very slight disadvantage, but there are pros and cons.
I feel that the DS3 is most limited with high powered cars - easing the throttle on is bloody difficult. The other place I always feel slower is long, fast sweeping corners. You only get as much steering lock as the game allows, while the wheel users can put a bit more on, and find the limit themselves. A good example is the GT5 week 23 combo at High Speed ring. The DS3 users were further off the pace than the week before or after it.

On the plus side, we can get lock to lock much quicker, and can save slides a little easier.

As long as you are enjoying yourself and improving, then the absolute position is not that important. You are welcome to ask for tips. Whether I can give you anything useful, time will tell.

Last attempt from me finally managed to crack the 50.000 barrier at sector 2 :)

As this is my first ever GTP WRS event I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the people here at GT Planet that help put these events together and process all the data, as well as those that have offered hints/tips on getting the most out of the car around the track - your time and effort is most appreciated :)

As a ds3 user who have started participating WRS events with GT6 i can say that it's slightly difficult for us to compete at high level. Especially with fast cars and on fast tracks the evidence will be clear (TT of week 2 at Monza with FXX...)

I almost forgot I improved my lap, just submitted with the following splits:

49.221 (quite a bit down :indiff:)

Managed a PB in the final sector though so it's 0.05 at the line, was still looking for another tenth and a bit though! :banghead:

As a ds3 user who have started participating WRS events with GT6 i can say that it's slightly difficult for us to compete at high level. Especially with fast cars and on fast tracks the evidence will be clear (TT of week 2 at Monza with FXX...)

As a ds3 user and a wheel user my times using both on this TT was within 0.050 of each other the wheel just edging it thou It's just a case of how long you can use the ds3 until hand cramp kicks in.

Just submitted and it's been accepted , don't think I left much out there I was giving it everything I had my aim was to been withing a second of the fastest guys so just have to wait now .

As a ds3 user and a wheel user my times using both on this TT was within 0.050 of each other the wheel just edging it thou It's just a case of how long you can use the ds3 until hand cramp kicks in.

Just submitted and it's been accepted , don't think I left much out there I was giving it everything I had my aim was to been withing a second of the fastest guys so just have to wait now .

0.050 diff from DS3 to wheel?

1. You're not very good with a wheel. :)
2. You're an alien with DS3. :)
3. I'm joking. But 0.050 is quite unrealistic IMO. :)

I'm a DS3 user and I know I can't compete with Div1. My aim in WRS is to be on top of DS3 times... I know I'll be quicker with a wheel but I don't have room for a setup.

0.050 diff from DS3 to wheel?

1. You're not very good with a wheel. :)
2. You're an alien with DS3. :)
3. I'm joking. But 0.050 is quite unrealistic IMO. :)

I'm a DS3 user and I know I can't compete with Div1. My aim in WRS is to be on top of DS3 times... I know I'll be quicker with a wheel but I don't have room for a setup.
I will admit I'm not as good as I could be with the wheel more out of pure lazyness than anything of setting it up everyday.
But In general I can normally match my times very close using either ds3 or wheel

I'd say about a tenth difference between the wheel and a pad, but you can't just say a tenth. As for some a wheel is far easier to use than a pad, and vice versa. Controller sensitivity helps a ton, and the best way to practice a DS3 is to either do very controlled movement training with the sticks, or play Call of Duty (I did just say that!) literally whack it on the highest sensitivity or build up and practice really precision movements, then when you come to Gran Turismo you can really nail tiny, tiny movements :)!

Worst splits, a lot better down the line
Had a first split two tenths faster than this one, could never better my lap though...
Submitting with current splits

I'd say about a tenth difference between the wheel and a pad, but you can't just say a tenth. As for some a wheel is far easier to use than a pad, and vice versa. Controller sensitivity helps a ton, and the best way to practice a DS3 is to either do very controlled movement training with the sticks, or play Call of Duty (I did just say that!) literally whack it on the highest sensitivity or build up and practice really precision movements, then when you come to Gran Turismo you can really nail tiny, tiny movements :)!

You must be very good with the pad... at least 1s difference for me :lol:

I haven't used the DS3 in GT6 much, but was a regular user in GT5, so how the games differ I'm not sure. There are certain combos that will be as fast and even a bit easier with a DS3, but on a whole the wheel gives more control. As mentioned before, high speed corners can be an issue with the DS3 due to the steering lock at speed and throttle control can be difficult.

Slight improvement again.
Not fastest sectors but each time i push. Screw up the quick chicane at the end. So is fastest lap anyway.

Last edited:
I know this is way late but maybe someone can benefit. It took me until last night to figure out I only needed a fraction of an inch of pedal travel on my DFGT setup for the first corner. Once I figured that out I really started to get how sensitive the brakes are with my setup. Now lets see if I can remember that for week two!

Time submitted and accepted, much smoother process this week than the qualifier when I apparently forgot to reset track edge! I was hoping to beat all the div three guys but then I realized I'm just not that good of a driver! It's only going to get worse with the Ferrari next week!

Last edited:
What a trip...... I just submitted and only supplied my replay like the OP stated and Fetchy was able to tear it apart and know what my time was and I think, look at my settings and knew enough about my replay that it was accepted and told me my submitted time.... Very Good 👍 thats some fancy programing to do that trick in a automated manner. Who ever put that trick together is a genius. Great job admins and modds :gtpflag:

I didn't mention that this was a total blast combo..... great call :)

Good luk everyone !

Last edited:
Submitted with my splits on the board. Thoroughly enjoyed this combo, but after another session today I couldn't better my lap time.

Good luck in the results guys 👍

I've submitted too. Don't forget you only have 6 and a half hours to better your times, transfer your replay, zip it then send it to Fetchy.

So good luck guys.

I've submitted too. Don't forget you only have 6 and a half hours to better your times, transfer your replay, zip it then send it to Fetchy.

So good luck guys.
Good point, Iain. 👍 Last-minute banzai runs are going to a bit more stressful than in GT5, given you need to verify the lap *and* get it transferred and sent before the deadline.

img.php

Also, make sure your splits on the board match the lap you submit with, as I will be putting up a table in the results thread using that data to show everyone's T3 times

@Vaxen hopes to have the results thread up within about 5hrs after the deadline, but may be delayed, just a heads-up.
While you wait for that, the following link will show results right after the deadline: http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/results/1/

Gutted I didn't have time to improve, not happy with my lap but hopefully it is enough to merit a class podium.

Good luck to all :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back