GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
TT Nb1 in Gt6 and I'm already sensing that it's a highly packed one extremely tough.

Just completed checking my quickest lap and thank god it's clean.:crazy:

Never had the opportunity to try some laps this week and I doubt that I'll be able to dig some more.

First ever gt6 splits

After an hour and 45 laps of slower or invalid times I was finally able to get a fair size amount off my final time, little slower T1 split but better T2 and better final time

On the rounding... Who cares? Now we have a few more thousandths that's locked up in the final sector mystery time. The final lap time is what counts and that will be true.

I'm going to try skyline's trick now: Run 5 minute, about 3-4 laps, and improve by 2 tenths. Wish me luck, I'll be back in 5.

Edit. After 5 minutes on track I have logged exactly 1 clean lap half a second slower my best. :(
Well, I'm the one that started it. And it was more to say, "Isn't it crazy how I have the same exact second sector as 3 other people?".

And then Niels pointed out that it was the case for many drivers. I agree with you, that it doesn't matter. Even T1+T2 only means so much here, the final sector is a gigantic craps shoot, and my leap up the board with only moderate SFL improvement is proof of that. :)

But even if it's forced on us by rounding, it IS interesting. IMO.

Really happy with these splits, although with this lap I am going for the 'most positions dropped in T3' award, it was awful. I need to find something else to keep me occupied as I find myself coming back to improve way too often.

Just making sure but on this track there is a thin bit of tarmac just outside of the white line, are we still clean if our two tires are only in contact with that or must they be in contact with the white line? I had a lap 0.01 quicker but have deleted it as it's gone over the white lines.

Slower T1 again but faster T2 and T3, if only I can get it all put together, seeing some really good times in T1 only to bin it in T2 or T3.

Done for the day

Nice splits.. D2 my ass :P

You'll see how that happened when something RWD comes up. My most driven cars are all FF and 4WD, although I'm surprised I'm even up there because I don't really use race cars. I guess I'm just spending more time than others on this, at 810 miles so far, I did 1000 for the qualifier so I will limit myself to that for any given event. I think I've improved since the qualifier as I'm still relatively new to using the wheel.

I'm probably late to the party, but I really like the off-colored division best splits JB! Very useful and I can't even participate this week, heheh. :cheers:

Jerome

Slighty slower split, but better over the line. 👍

I choked a 48.6xx split, which sucked! :grumpy:

For some reason I find I go quicker when the temperature is colder. I don't know whether it is psychological with me because I know race engines always run better when its cold.

Allright, I just did my final laps for this event, and was able to improve my time with a little bit more than half a tenth of a second. :)
Never thought I was gonna be that quick at the beginning of the week. :) I cannot wait to see where I'll end up in the final rankings.

Final splits for my first ever WRS event:

I really hope I run a better lap, it's not fun to verify that last chicane. I thought it was dirty when I first checked, but it's sliding so much it has at least an inch of rubber on the rumble at the front.

Slower T1, faster T2 and a better final time. I think I'm done with this TT, I definetely did my best

Exactly .050 slower splits but I think I absolutely nailed the chicane, found a satisfying .300 on the last sector.

Probably going to submit this lap.

Good luck to everyone submitting! :gtpflag:

Just had a look at the leaderboards and it seems we now have over 130 participates, which is great. 👍 I know this number will likely drop over time, but I hope it doesn't too much. Really enjoy competing with everyone here. To those that are a bit farther down the list, please don't get discouraged, you are only going to get better. Don't give up, just stick with it, good things will come. We all had to start somewhere, and I have yet to meet anyone that just popped out of their mother's womb and instantly became a star, so just hang in there. When I first started TT'ing, I couldn't even keep a car on the bloody track, but I hung in there, practiced, and absorbed all the tips I could, and eventually got to the point where I am today. So please, be patient, believe in yourselves, and don't give up. It is great seeing all these new faces around, and I truly do hope everyone sticks around. As you can see so far, this is truly a great community to be a member of, and you can rest easy knowing that you are surrounded by some of the best drivers the game has seen.....so don't be afraid to ask questions and seek advice from them, they are your greatest resource here. Its a blast having you all here, hope everyone decides to stick around and see it through, you'll thank yourselves in the end. Keep the pedal down, and keep reaching for the top. :cheers:

Back