GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
Is anybody going down to 2nd anywhere? Just wanting to know if I’m doing things wrong again.

I used 2nd in the last hairpin in sector 2. Seems like there was a split opinion on this but I was consistently faster with 2nd.

Of course your 2nd sector split is as fast as any I've done, so I wouldn't fret too much over it one way or the other.

I used third, but keep in mind I am a slower guy, so it may not be the correct gear. I did turn faster laps once I stopped going into 2nd on any corner. That up shift just loses too much time, and this car has decent low end torque.

I think I tried it once and it was really slow, but I’ll give it a go again later

For me, once I got on the gas at the 2nd hairpin, I had to floor it and stay in it. If I feathered it at all, I lost time.

@Gravitron sadly, yes :(

BTW @Spurgy 777, you are a lot faster than me. So... I may not be the best person to listen to :lol:

Definitely faster using 2nd gear. :)

Made a small improvement in S1+3 but lost a bit in S2, just can't get close to a 57.0, although I'm not even sure if the lap was legal, picture below.

Is this legal?

5845689988507762688_0.jpg
5837245737193177088_0.jpg
5845689988105110536_0.jpg

01:00.436

Submitted and accepted. Happy with T1 as beat my (revised) target, close to where I wanted to be on T2 but lost time in T3 versus the very best done but overall up at the line versus the best weekend splits/lap reported.......I know there is more time that could be found from optimum but fairly happy given this is first ever exposure to Interlagos ever.......

Really enjoyable Combo and great track that now feel comfortable to tackle in the future..........so on Tuesday onto sweeping the track at Willow of all the loose gravel from the inevitable 'off's with a high powered Gr.3 !

I was going to write a very long post but I will just leave it at this...:)

This combo is just like my girlfriend from college...alluring and infuriating all at the same time! :mischievous::mischievous: It took 1,338 miles to reach my goals and without the encouragement from everyone here, I would have quit long ago. 👍

Good luck everyone and see you in California...
:cheers:

Last edited:
I still cant get turn one and two right, somehow I fluked a sub 30 on the first sector once (and screwed the lap) but can't get within 3 tenths of that again!

Only thing I can think to tell ya...

Brake hard at the cones or just before. Downshift to 3rd at the 50. I trailbrake in to get on the curb of T1. Have to start easing on the throttle at the apex. Hug that curb until you can almost straight line T2. Should be full throttle through T2 and T3. Hug the curb on T3 and track out shifting to 4th shortly after you track out to the curb on RH side.

I usually was all over the curb on T3

Back