GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
Dang @Argon, .005 difference between us.

Screenshot_20180205-182106.jpg

Okay my eyes are bleeding so it's time to stop! Thanks for the tip Dawg definitely helped a bit staying in T1 a fraction longer to straighten 2, got a couple of sub 30s but screwed the rest of the laps up. well done all, and Doodle that's just tremendous!

Well, I'll be submitting with the current time as shown on the leader board.

Had a faster time but the Replay hasn't saved properly. The (faster) time displayed in the Replays section on the replay 'icon' does not match that of the Sector timings and the final lap time. Also, when watching the replay with the race info displayed, the faster lap time matches that as displayed on the icon but, as mentioned, the Sector and final lap time don't match this. The sector and lap times appear to be from a previous lap. The replay does cut a little short at the end so that may have screwed things up? Dunno.

Anyway, onto Willow......

Tried MANUAL gears tonight and I was slowly getting up to my AUT pace, but TOO slowly. I was also panicking when I was close behind my ghost (he is scary). When panicking I was using the wrong paddle, inevitably, changing down a gear. Then I tried the gearshift, thinking it would be just like driving my own car, which I love to drive quickly. NO NO NO, do not use the clutch because it's a brake. Although my pedals include a clutch, I was using the brake as a clutch because my foot is hovering over it. So back to AUTO and took another small nibble out of splits and o/all time. Optimum looks like about another half second with current best splits.
Happy and submitted the above lap.
Note to self: Keep trying manual it's definitely quicker, although I don't think by much.

:gtpflag:

I think it's safe to say that I figured out the first sector, however I was way too cautious towards the end of the lap making sure I didn't run wide out of the last turn and I ended up losing at least a tenth. It didn't help that the car decided to change gears slowly but that's just bad luck I guess. :) I'll be submitting this. Good luck to everyone still running! :cheers:

Okay my eyes are bleeding so it's time to stop! Thanks for the tip Dawg definitely helped a bit staying in T1 a fraction longer to straighten 2, got a couple of sub 30s but screwed the rest of the laps up. well done all, and Doodle that's just tremendous!

Glad it helped you some. Sounds like you had the same issue as me. Hit a good S1 and then blow it somewhere else :banghead: Actually, sounds like most of us had this issue :gtpflag:

Okay, I might have screwed up here...

I completely forgot to change my lap time before the deadline, but I think the splits match up with the replay I submitted, which is almost a full second quicker than the time seen on the leaderboard. I'd like to acknowledge this and apologize on my behalf, for forgetting to change my lap time/submit my new splits before the deadline.

@Argon: If this is okay with you and the other admins, I would like to be disqualified, because the replay I submitted in GTS is faster than the time I submitted here (not a match).

Tags:
  • gtpwrs010
  • gazoo
  • samba

Dang @Argon, .005 difference between us.

View attachment 711838

:eek: Holy 🤬 that was close :D

Okay, I might have screwed up here...

I completely forgot to change my lap time before the deadline, but I think the splits match up with the replay I submitted, which is almost a full second quicker than the time seen on the leaderboard. I'd like to acknowledge this and apologize on my behalf, for forgetting to change my lap time/submit my new splits before the deadline.

@Argon: If this is okay with you and the other admins, I would like to be disqualified, because the replay I submitted in GTS is faster than the time I submitted here (not a match).

Tags:
  • gtpwrs010
  • gazoo
  • samba

OK mate will do, unfortunate that your effort this week won't count, really sorry

Back