GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
Another .2. At this pace I will reach my goal in about 2 weeks

How do you set a goal time?

X seconds slower than first place, X seconds better than first lap attempt, X seconds slower than top 10 time?

I personally have never set a goal time...but do use the optimum times to learn my sector benchmarks...though i go further and can find a tenth or two, by comparing a corner to the ghost, knowing i am 0.2 behind the ghost before a corner and 0.1 behind the ghost after the corner means I can improve that corner.

X seconds slower than first place, X seconds better than first lap attempt, X seconds slower than top 10 time?

I personally have never set a goal time...but do use the optimum times to learn my sector benchmarks...though i go further and can find a tenth or two, by comparing a corner to the ghost, knowing i am 0.2 behind the ghost before a corner and 0.1 behind the ghost after the corner means I can improve that corner.
Normally it's a threshold of a full second, sometimes a half.

EDK
Normally it's a threshold of a full second, sometimes a half.

Ahhh...so you establish a time, then set an arbitrary time that you would like to shave off it? Good motivation i guess...just spending more time behind the wheel is what usually yields better results for me...which probably just indicates I am not getting close to my perfectly optimum time...i do spend a few hours in 30-90 minutes sessions, it is a rare session that i don't get better than the last session...though sometimes it happens, and then I start improving again - sometimes if i get stuck this forum has had a few tips about tuning/ how to take certain corners that yields results.

Better splits but been seeing.6s in T1 now, hopefully get another go before the deadline after my league match tomorrow night if I’m home early enough.

My replay cuts out just before the line but the final time shows, is that ok?

20180204204028.jpg

20180204204039.jpg

Really enjoyed this combo (despite finding Interlagos in anything other then a high downforce car abit of a rough time). Felt improvement lap after lap, finding that limit more and more each time. Love the crap out of this car, Need more GR in mah life (apart from the TS050) 👍

Out of curiosity for those of you that use a wheel, did you use the Paddles or the shifter? I originally had in mind using the paddles, but this is one of the only modern cars I've come to enjoy using the shifter with.

Last edited:

I think everyone does it differently. I usually set me goal as x time. It is just based on what I think I can\should be able to get after first session. For example if first best lap is 3:02 I may set goal to break 3 minutes. If get there on then lower my goal. I have also set my goal to beat certain people that I see my self battling with all week. It is prettt fun having a back and forth battle with someone
Right @Nerazzurri ?

One of my best weeks is when @munch2112 and I were battling each other. I really over achieved that week.

Setting goals as really improved my driving.

Out of curiosity for those of you that use a wheel, did you use the Paddles or the shifter? I originally had in mind using the paddles, but this is one of the only modern cars I've come to enjoy using the shifter with.
Only using the paddles simply because the G29 doesn't come with a shifter. You need to buy that separately which I wont. The G27 had the shifter and I never used it.

Only using the paddles simply because the G29 doesn't come with a shifter. You need to buy that separately which I wont. The G27 had the shifter and I never used it.
The clutch and manual shifter are not allowed in wrs; however, it is fun to use every once in a while though

The clutch and manual shifter are not allowed in wrs; however, it is fun to use every once in a while though
The clutch is not allowed in WRS. Using the shifter without the clutch is not prohibited.

I think everyone does it differently. I usually set me goal as x time. It is just based on what I think I can\should be able to get after first session. For example if first best lap is 3:02 I may set goal to break 3 minutes. If get there on then lower my goal. I have also set my goal to beat certain people that I see my self battling with all week. It is prettt fun having a back and forth battle with someone
Right @Nerazzurri ?

One of my best weeks is when @munch2112 and I were battling each other. I really over achieved that week.

Setting goals as really improved my driving.

I do the same when setting myself a goal!
Having personal battles adds a whole new dimension to the fun of WRS & really pushes you to improve your time, especially when the other person is generally getting similar times to you week on week :cheers:

I set myself a maximum (banker) time and a target time. My max t1 was 31s and t2 1m for this TT, with a target of 30s and 58.5xx or equivalent combined. My banker is the minimum I will be happy with. If I reach my target, I'm ecstatic. My personal target should only be achievable about 50% of the time. If I start overachieving, I know i need to reach further.

Better splits but been seeing.6s in T1 now, hopefully get another go before the deadline after my league match tomorrow night if I’m home early enough.

My replay cuts out just before the line but the final time shows, is that ok?

As long as we can see your lap time clearly it should be OK 👍

Done with this one.. short of my target by about .4.. not the best first sector.. and went wide on the exit of turn 13.. loosing a couple of tenths. . But still up at the line..

S1 was tough to hit consistently for me on this one. I had a hard time getting a good run through T2. The last turn in S3 was even worse.

Don't have a shifter with the G29, was too tight to buy one after being ripped off with G25 being obsolete, paddles and left foot braking for me

What about the last of the slow hairpins? I’ve been using 2nd there.
I used third, but keep in mind I am a slower guy, so it may not be the correct gear. I did turn faster laps once I stopped going into 2nd on any corner. That up shift just loses too much time, and this car has decent low end torque.

Back