GTP_WRS Week 102 : Last Lap at Daytona

• Thread starter EDK
  • 130 comments
Can I still participate even though my name hasn't been added to the registry yet?

This is certainly a challenging combo. I hope I can pull something worth submitting - I have little time to practice this week and yet that's exactly what I need, really struggling to get within 2 seconds of the slowest splits posted! Maybe I should be in Div 4..? (And be the first one to be demoted). Taking 3 days off from the PS3 doesn't seemed to have stopped the agonising pain in my thumb I get after a few laps, which is not helping.

Good luck everyone for this week.

Can I still participate even though my name hasn't been added to the registry yet?
If you submitted your qualification it's only a matter of days before you'll be added, and you're welcome to participate in WRS and submit your lap by the end of the week 👍

If you submitted your qualification it's only a matter of days before you'll be added, and you're welcome to participate in WRS and submit your lap by the end of the week 👍

Okay, thanks. 👍

I qualified last Wednesday, so I was just wondering.

Had a tough night with no overall clean improvement. Found a tenth in T 1 bit didn't do anything with it. Seems last night's lap was better than I realised. :|

All the best
Maz

Bathing in Naval Jelly seems to be paying off - splits from tonight:

T1: 0'29.982
T2: 0'55.485
T3: 1'09.971

Happy Columbus Day all - in another 100 years everyone in the U.S. will wonder why we celebrate a holiday for some town in Ohio. :)

:cheers:

EDIT: Update that Sig Maz! Well Done! 👍

Track is killing me and the Mines is holding me down. Embarassed with my page low times.

T1: 30.980
T2: 57.563
T3: 1:12.162

Oh my god! These tyres! lol If it was even S3s, I could've been full throttle through turn 4, the sweeping left hander. As it is, I have to coast for half a second before I can be confident that getting on the accelerator won't push me wide. So much understeer, it's unbelievable. I'm sure others who are more comfortable with the car and track are already full throttle through it though. I need time to improve. Did about 20 laps yesterday, about 5 of them getting to know the barriers on the first corner, 2 of them messing up on the exit to turn 6 and 3 finding out how to take the bus stop chicane.
T1: 31.3
T2: 58.2
T3: 1.13.2
The above splits are roughly what I did I think. At least 2 seconds to be found before T3 no doubt and maybe a second after.

GTP_Blarg-1
GTP_NishRacer

Don’t knock yourself to much, your doing well It’s not an easy combo even more so with the pad.

Make your time where you can, where you know you can’t try coming off sooner and flow through the corner staying as close as you can to the racing line, this way you’ll be back on the gas quicker.

This could help you pick up the odd tenth in each sector, if your wide on this corner you’ll be off line for the next so losing more time.

Try it see if it helps.

Phillip.

Last edited:
Better:

T1 29.482
T2 54.966
T3 1,09.318

'away for a few days but will give it another crack when i get back'

Last edited:
Oh my god! These tyres! lol If it was even S3s, I could've been full throttle through turn 4, the sweeping left hander. As it is, I have to coast for half a second before I can be confident that getting on the accelerator won't push me wide. So much understeer, it's unbelievable. I'm sure others who are more comfortable with the car and track are already full throttle through it...
T1: 31.3
T2: 58.2
T3: 1.13.2
The above splits are roughly what I did I think. At least 2 seconds to be found before T3 no doubt and maybe a second after.

Hi mate, actually the #1 driver on the online leaderboard lifts off just before entry also, as do I, so don't worry about not taking that corner full beans.

Make sure you post full splits, not approximations, so that Fetchbot can pick them up 👍

All the best
Maz

I almost took that sweeping left at full throttle but when the right rear made contact with the grass I lost control.

I'd post splits for my new PB, but they are slower and I'm not satisfied with them.

I almost took that sweeping left at full throttle but when the right rear made contact with the grass I lost control.

Did that a few times! You can do it flat by turning very early, very gently and using a little bit of the yellow kerb on the apex (the grass inside that unsettles the car too much), but I find I end up carrying too much speed out of the corner - it doesn't leave quite enough time to get the car back over to the right, pointing straight and anchored up ready for the sharp right. It is my view that sacrificing a tiny bit of speed here gives a much better run into the next corner. I'm still a long way off the pace though so not best placed to advise :dunce:

Cheers Phil and Maz. Had a further 20 or so laps just now and improved by almost a second but it could've been 1.7 if I hadn't messed up exiting the chicane. I watched my replay and boy...turn 3, was wayyy too late and ended up running wide so could gain half a second there, a tenth or two at turn 5 and 6, then another 3 or 4 tenths at the chicane. Looking forward to my next stint, although that might not be until tomorrow.
T1: 31.140
T2: 57.533
T3: 1.12.347

Had a few laps last night and really didnt connect with the car or track at all. didnt get a clean lap in about 20 mins. S2 tyres are really hard coming out of turn 3 had to leave it in 4th with slight power on untill fully straight to drop it back down into 3rd..nightmare.

GTP_Blarg-1
GTP_NishRacer
?
Don?t knock yourself to much, your doing well It?s not an easy combo even more so with the pad.

Make your time where you can, where you know you can?t try coming off sooner and flow through the corner staying as close as you can to the racing line, this way you?ll be back on the gas quicker.

This could help you pick up the odd tenth in each sector, if your wide on this corner you?ll be off line for the next so losing more time.

Try it see if it helps.

Phillip.

Thanks Phillip but I'm always pretty hard on myself especially when I know I can do better. I will lower my time and am aiming for the wheel racers. :mischievous: :mad:

Thanks again though

Wow this thing takes some getting used to especially after last weeks WRS :P
My first laps were spent spinning & getting to know the barriers/grass alot.
Finding the limit of grip (mostly under acceleration) took me a while. You have to be delicate with everything.
I lost it a few times after the 1st turn (where the pit re-enters the track) that little flick right then left, the rear went away from me soo many times :(
After 7 laps I got to a semi-decent time. Still probably some time left there but I cant get close to that time again now :( I must have lost the rythym/feel for this combo.
I expect to be at the bottom of Div3 after my promotion. Especially after comparing splits.

T1: 30.777
T2: 56.523
T3: 1'11.058

Seems I'm losing most of my time in the first section..

I'm back in the game this week, now i have time ;-)

My goal for today

T1: 0'31.00
T2: 0'57.00
T3: 1'12.00

At least don't be on the last place ;-)

I dont understand this sentence:

Your run must be done while being OFF LINE

While playing on arcade mode, we are automatically offline, no ?

If not, how do I set ''offline'' mode ?

I dont understand this sentence:

Your run must be done while being OFF LINE

While playing on arcade mode, we are automatically offline, no ?

If not, how do I set ''offline'' mode ?

Don't be signed into PSN when doing your laps.

First reconaissance laps result in a bottom-of-the-list set of splits of

1'12.773

but with more laps I hope for some non-DLBF splits later on :)

Live on WRS, ever more after Nov3 👍

EDIT looks like all this bye-bye stuff and doing final laps around Prologue tracks will have to be withdrawn as we now know that we're facing a delay AGAIN 👎

Last edited:
Guess this won't be our last time on this track after all... unfortunately :indiff:

New splits:

T1: 30.159
T2: 56.033
T3: 1'10.598

These splits may look fairly poor, but thanks to Maz & CT it's a full 1.5 secs up on my previous lap time. I think I can get more - had a slide exiting turn 6, which is where I seem to lose handfuls of time (as my T3 shows). But I'm finding it hard to get a clean, consistent lap, I'll be really happy to gain 3 tenths more at the line.

T1 0'30.202
T2 0'56.606
T3 1'11.241

Back