GTP_WRS Week 102 : Last Lap at Daytona

• Thread starter EDK
  • 130 comments
Submitting with the posted splits from earlier this week, I didn't have another go at it.

Good luck to all.

Back from vacation & submitting my stinky time. Found this one difficult & certainly could of used the entire week on it. Although I am happy that I improved in the short couple of stints I did run.

Not sure what's more frustrating:

a) the amount of time spent sliding across the grass waiting to hit a barrier in order to stop (I can't be the only one?)

Not at all, I've hit every barrier with every corner of the Mine's, as well as mowed every lawn around the circuit this week :lol:

b) letting down those who kindly gave me such great advice, which works well, but I can't seem to make it count.

It's one thing knowing what to do, the execution of it is entirely a different story. I'm quite certain CT and I spent 3 or 4 times as many hours on this combo than most others this week.

c) the fact that I've given up having failed miserably

d) that since joining WRS, the only direction I've gone is down. Should I be in Div 4?

Anyone new to the WRS I think is always surprised at the quality of the competitors therein, I mean it's all very well people scoffing at a field of 30 WRS GTP drivers and claiming that wins are being handed out among us only because "the faster guys aren't around any more", but look at CT's time from last week, nearly a full tenth faster than the world record. There's real quality here, there always has been 👍

I'm so far off the pace that Maz & CT could park up, get out and finish War & Peace before I cross the finish line.

And even as a D2 driver, I was equally far back from the winners even a year and a half ago when I was on Sixaxis. But show me one driver who hasn't improved as a result of taking part in WRS. People like CT and Animera all started off in D3 and are D1 now :gtpflag:

Submitting these only as evidence that I tried. Slower even across the line, but I refuse to submit my shoddy lap.
Thanks all for the help, and good luck 👍

Submit the faster lap always, who cares how it looks, it's the laptime that counts :D :D

Best of luck to you in the results, and don't give up on it 👍

I am also submitting with just slightly slower splits but a much better run through the bus stop. I can't heap enough praise on LOOPYTURTLE this week, he has been utterly relentless and the most fiercesome competitor I have come across in WRS for the longest time. Monster performance that made me dig deeper than ever for any sort of result :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
I can't heap enough praise on Crazytotise this week, he has been utterly relentless and the most fiercesome competitor I have come across in WRS for the longest time. Monster performance that made me dig deeper than ever for any sort of result :bowdown:

All the best
Maz

Who? :dunce:

:lol:

CT is killing it as usual, way to go pal :D

This was not my week, not at all. No submission. Pity because it's actually a really, really fun combo. Good choices EDK.

Last edited:
Submit the faster lap always, who cares how it looks, it's the laptime that counts :D :D

Very true, although the difference is barely 7 hundreths. Thanks for your kind words and advice during the week - as you say its been an immense competition at the front, great to see the boundaries being challenged. I look forward to seeing the replays.

Submitted with splits on the board. I'm not pleased with my time in the first sector but I just didnt have the time to have another go though I couldve improved by about 0.5secs.

Renesis, I feel your pain but don't give up, you can only improve through the experience. I have to say this is probably the most difficult combo I've done in over 50 WRS's but what I have learned through having even a limited run at it has been very worthwhile and eye-opening!

Back