GTP_WRS Week 103 : Don't Blame Me, Blame PD

• Thread starter EDK
  • 135 comments
Hey, I'm new to the WRS -- are we allowed to post our split times as many times as we went here? And do we make a new post for each new split times or do we cross out our previous one and write the new one below it? I've seen both of these happen so I'm little confused.

Hi and welcome to WRS. How you post your splits depends on how often you want to do that. If you do them twice a day feel free to make new posts everytime. If you do them twice an hour :dopey: you can edit your previous post. FetchBot checks the race thread 4 times an hour and automatically processes them into the leaderboard.
Please add your controller device to your signature so that information can be added to the leaderboard as well.

Good luck and happy racing in the WRS Prologue afterdays 👍

Welcome to the WRS Clutch. You post the splits of your fastest clean lap here, and you can either strike out your previous splits and insert new ones, or make a new post. Just remember not to make double posts.

Heh, beaten by Steven. 👍

T1: 31.103
T2: 54.749

Not too fast, at least not yet ;)

GTP_Clutch3411 👍

Welcome to WRS hope you have fun here with us, I see you've been answered, any other questions just ask, many of the members are all to willing to help you.

Phillip.

Damn bud, those are some impressive times:tup:

If I may ask, are you running stock or tuned suspension/gearbox?

This keep changing, but where I was at with those splits. I find that I am losing some time after coming out of tunnel area as I have to stay in 4th until after going through the dip as you exit tunnel. It's a work in progress but since you asked here it is:

-30/-30
6/7
6/5
0.00/-0.05
2.5/2.0
5/8

final gear 5440

I'm really not a good tuner so if anyone knows tuning better also please feel free to make any comments on what may help. Hope the tune helps you.

Welcome to the WRS clutch_3411

Jeremie

This keep changing, but where I was at with those splits. I find that I am losing some time after coming out of tunnel area as I have to stay in 4th until after going through the dip as you exit tunnel. It's a work in progress but since you asked here it is:

-30/-30
6/7
6/5
0.00/-0.05
2.5/2.0
5/8

final gear 5440

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try tonight:tup:

Is it just this combo or can you run much faster with stability control off at all times? Since I first used the option last night my time has dropped by more than a full second and a half.

Is it just this combo or can you run much faster with stability control off at all times? Since I first used the option last night my time has dropped by more than a full second and a half.

Maybe one of the more experienced guys has more to say on this. But if you look at the top guys online with every car on every track they always have it OFF. So I would say that's the way to go.

New splits and going to share my setup.
T1- 31.190
T2- 54.774

setup:
-30/-26
7/6
5/4
-0.06/-0.16
2.9/2.5
5/7
and gear ratio at 5.500

If I can get these times with this setup and a DS3 I know you top drivers can get much better. Give me your feedback.

Last edited:
I was fully hoping that I would have my wheel by now, but since I don't I guess I'll have to get going using the pad for this week.

New splits:

Im not crazy about some of the shifting points so I've been using as a final gear 5.215 but maybe thats why I'm not at the top!

T1: 30.736
T2: 54.174

Splits can be better, final laptime can be better.

Going to take the right gearing to get the splits I'm looking for with this car. Such a little pain of a car too.

T1: 31.164
T2: 54.785

My times are starting to bottom out.
T1- 31.103
T2- 54.669
I am very proud with this and have learnt much about tuning this car. Also I am very happy with dropping my first try's line time by almost four seconds. I'm not finished yet but can't see it getting much better

My times are starting to bottom out.
T1- 31.103
T2- 54.669
I am very proud with this and have learnt much about tuning this car. Also I am very happy with dropping my first try's line time by almost four seconds. I'm not finished yet but can't see it getting much better

Nice, don't give up!

I had one really good lap, the long right hand turn didn't go as planned but the lap time was much faster than anything previous.

T1: 30.587
T2: 54.220

I'm really happy with this lap, but I'm going to keep on trying as there's still 3 div 2 guys faster than me ;)

Update:

T1: 30.660
T2: 54.112

Lost some time in the last corner, but still a massive 0.017 faster over the line! :lol:

Last edited:
First session
T1:31.260
T2:55.097

Strugling to maintain speed in the corner before the tunnel.
Gear setting seems important for that matter.

Slight improvement

T1 - 30.772
T2 - 54.304

EDIT: blinding lap by my standards, won't be upset if I have to submit this one but will still keep chasing!

T1 - 30.704
T2 - 54.171

Last edited:
Thought I would go for another spin but trying out different final gear settings this time with a setting under 5.0...

T1: 30.742
T2: 54.472

Just to point this out.

Lynx-Can I'm coming after your time, as you are the only DS3 user above me.

Lol, you've beat my time. Well done! I've started using your tune now and I've improved on my previous best and I'm not to far off you now.

I'll have a good go at it later on.

Ohh, thanks for sharing your set up too! The only thing I've changed is my final gear. It's about 4.9 I think.

Time to get myself on the board.

T1: 31.184
T2: 54.895

Interestingly, many of my earlier splits were done with a ratio of 4.750 as the gears seemed to match the corners a lot better, however I found the trade off between better acceleration against more awkward gear shifts and more difficult driving to be ultimately not worth it, so my latest splits were produced with a ratio of 5.440.

Happy with these:
T1: 30.495
T2: 53.947

But still can get faster.

Back