GTP_WRS Week 103 : Don't Blame Me, Blame PD

• Thread starter EDK
  • 135 comments
First time participating in WRS:

T1: 31.741
T2: 56.183

I was happy with my numbers till I got here and saw some of yall's! What the crap?!? hahaha!

If I only could find a way to get through the first sector with good speed. I'm actually having serious trouble going below 31 s. Must have tried ten slightly different setting yesterday and all resulted in identical T1s which of course means there's something wrong with how I drive the sector. T2 then seems to be very good but if i could find a couple of tenths in T1 I would be happy.

So working hard on improving T1 resulted in a faster T2...

Better splits:
T1: 30.465
T2: 53.858

yeehaa.jpg

Finally a T1 under the 31. Man i had to work hard for that one.

After doin a million lap i finally manage to do a T1 under the 31. It really started to irritate me. FWD cars arn't my favorites and also Eiger isn't really my place to be. Still not happy with my T1 but i'm not dead last anymore in my Div anymore. Hope i can improve my T1 more, over the weekend

slightly better splits but 0.070 faster over the line
T1: 30.460
T2: 53.832

Finally some new splits after a few sessions. Used Nish_280z's setup. Thanks for posting! 👍

T1: 30.936
T2: 54.444

I'm not really happy with the final sector so maybe I'll have another go tomorrow.

After finally getting another shot at this 10 laps & I hadnt gotten close to my other spits..
Then I tried a new line through one of the corners & gained about 3 tenths xD

T1: 31.060
T2: 54.389

If I could get a decent 1st sector I could be well up the top end of the leaderboard.
I cant get under a 31.05x though no matter how hard I push or how late I break or anything I just cant get down the the 30.7s that other D3s are getting.

New splits:
T1: 30.360
T2: 53.681

Awesome splits, but I was getting a little shaky so my T3 isn't as good as it should be.

New splits,

Finally got below the .1s at T2 only to very nearly throw it away with a buttock clenching final corner. Just held onto it though and made a nice improvement to my laptime 👍

Think this might be my last lot of splits with lots to do tomorrow :grumpy: and I can see where I can still find more time if I get all my sectors right. Seen plenty 30.5's but always seem to loose the time after that.

Changed my tune a slight bit and have now gone the other way with my final gear up to 5.3....something. Trying to find the right final gear is impossible, one setting helps in one area but is worse in another and so on. I thinking finding a gear that works up the hill but you can cope with through the corners is the best for me and also getting the long right hander right really helps times. Not a great final corner with these splits.

T1: 30.635
T2: 54.205

Last edited:
Haven't applied any tune, just pumped up HP and down weight. Finally got time for a session this week :). 11 laps gives me:

T1: 31.760
T2: 55.694

Maybe will have time for another go tonight. Definitely tomorrow!

Interesting note, up the final hill before there's a right hand turn and the finish, you can jump the car to lose speed - not hit any wall or anything - and still have your lap invalidated and the next one invalidated as well. Rough :(.

New splits:
T1: 30.386
T2: 53.664

Still not a good T3

Went on a last minute hour run and got some good results. One which broke my heart as I was so happy that I forgot to save.
T1- 30.931
T2- 54.641
I will add I think the low power/high grip helped me very much here. That and learning about the stability control.

BTW I won't be able to put in as much time anymore, as of Friday I am a father : )

Congrats Nish. Becoming a parent truly puts things into perspective.

Last edited:
Thank you all, Phillip it just takes a little elbow grease, engine lubricant and and a well placed shot of NOS lol.

Submitting with these, won't have any time tomorrow. Big thanks to w-g-e (and Nish also I understand) for the tune and advice, helped me find half a second which I couldn't find due to lack of time on this combo this week.

Good luck everyone!

T1 0'31.116
T2 0'54.627

Been struggling to find speed with this one, but having fun, nonetheless.

I used a tune that I had from the Copen event here at Eiger some time back, just slightly modified.

This afternoon, I turned the ABS off completely, and went with the 5.440 ratio that Andy mentioned (Thanks for posting).

These will most likely be my submitted splits -

I went with a 5.313 gear ratio at the end, it got me up to 82mph coming out of the tunnel and I had a little more grip going around the long bend before the tunnel (got it to stick to 67mph).

Back