GTP_WRS Week 103 : Double Espresso

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 116 comments
Weirdness abounds....I posted this post at 2pm this afternoon and I was sure it was showing in the thread yet it isn't there now and Fetchy didn't pick up the splits..no idea what happened there. Anyway, luckily it is still showing in the text box at the bottom so I can just post it without rewriting:

Frustrating session again...get through the sector 1 esses for a couple of laps then 20+ attempts to get through them again. Set PB sector times and then mess up somewhere! Was about to give up for the week when had one final run...was slightly up at sector 1, despite a tyre on the grass exiting the tunnel which cost me a tenth or more....was slightly behind entering the final brake zone of sector 2, yet crossed the split 3 tenths up and increased the margin to half a second at the line with no PB sectors. Thought I'd lost the lap with a wall tag in Sector 3 but photo mode showed I just missed by millimetres (see the photo)

S1: 25.566
S2: 51.866

Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg

First go at this lovely combo, gotta use the grip! :D:tup: The first uphill chicane seems to be fastest when going over the first curb but avoiding the second, otherwise i flip the car most of the time. :ouch: Had some faster second sectors, there is lots of time to be found if you are brave enough in the downhill section... :scared:

I Was going to participate in this combo but unfortunately I have been away from my beloved ps3 and gt6 so in the mean time I will have to put up with my mates ps4 and xbox1 , so good luck everyone on there splits.

Don't know if I've got any more for this combo. Fun wet bagger for this track. I do know this, if you ain't flat to the mat in 5th, from the start/finish to the top of the hill, you can forget a 25.xxx first sector. Stab it and steer it folks.

@Andy 0 's tranny settings with an adjust of the final to 3.93.

Don't know if I've got any more for this combo. Fun wet bagger for this track. I do know this, if you ain't flat to the mat in 5th, from the start/finish to the top of the hill, you can forget a 25.xxx first sector. Stab it and steer it folks.
I'll just take your word for it, not used to such extreme slip angles.
edit: just noticed I'm just below 26

@Dragonwhisky Yep...that's the frustrating part of sector 1...full throttle through the esses is quick but so hard to get it right...I'm lucky if I can get through there once in 20 attempts! The number of times I get through it but understeer off at the top as I was not left enough exiting is too many to count

I'll just take your word for it, not used to such extreme slip angles.
edit: just noticed I'm just below 26
When you hit the first chicane right, there'll be no slip angle. The car will keep slowing down going up the hill in 5th, until you pass the second set, and you have to use up every bit of track there to get through. I only did it twice. It ain't easy.

Urgh...I am really starting to hate this car. Spent a frustrating hour of not beating my best time, despite being ahead prior to the final tunnel and regularly at sector 2 (closest I got was half second behind)...then, as usual, when I have decided I've had enough for the day, I suddenly find myself on a lap! Freaks me out the way that always happens...anyway, managed to get through sector 1 a tenth up, sector 2 two tenths up and crossed the line to improve by a tenth which, given the way the day was going, I am happy with:

S1: 25.434
S2: 51.650

whoa..just checked and, until someone comes along and beats my time, that gives me the lead in D2 and green across the board....really, this is just not on....I can sense the Universe getting restless!

S1: 25.434
S2: 51.650

whoa..just checked and, until someone comes along and beats my time, that gives me the lead in D2 and green across the board....really, this is just not on....I can sense the Universe getting restless!

Dave.. you know how I hate to ruin a party..:yuck:.. especially yours.. :lol:.. Unlike you I'm loving this combo.. not sure how I got through the 'esses'.. with so much speed.. & doubt I can repeat my S1 time.. but had a dissapointing last sector to end up only just under .2 up at
line.. so still more time to be found..

0'25.333
0'51.583
Your turn @nursemorph

@Andy 0 No worries...I wasn't having a party as I was expecting my time to be beaten as my sector 2 times are really slow. Well done on stabilising the Universe 👍 As for it being my turn, I'm conceding defeat on this one...my PB's combined aren't as quick as your S2 split and I have gone as far as my skill level will allow...I can't see anywhere to gain more time from

Best splits so far, but not a good sector 3. I just can't do sector 1 as well as the top guys. Frustrating trying to do no lift(maybe make it one in 20 or so), but I am guessing that is what is needed to do the quick T1s.

@GTP_Patrick1 Yep...I find trying to run the sector 1 esses flat out more frustrating than trying to complete a lap of the Red Bull@Sierra Seasonal (and that is highly frustrating given I've completed 6 laps in 1,200 miles of driving)! But, you are right that the quick times aren't possible with a lift as you would lose too muh speed and this car is slow to pick it back up. How people are managing .1's I can't even guess at :confused:

What speed is everyone getting through the first corner of sector 2? The left-hander. I am guessing that is where I may be losing most of the s2 time as even 2mph difference there can lead to a tenth or more at the bottom of the hill..I think I am generally managing about 88-90 at best, usually the low 80s...just can't get a consistent speed through it

Sorry for the double post but felt this deserved it's own post. Truthfully, i had conceded defeat as I saw no way to improve my time and, after 7 failed attempts to traverse the esses, it appeared I was correct...however, on the 8th attempt, I managed to hit the .3s for the first time for sector 1, cross the sector 2 split less than a tenth ahead and cross the line over half a second ahead :eek::eek::eek: Smashed my previous best sector 3 time. Given that I don't really like this car on this track, to be able to do that on my first clean run of the day is insanity!!

S1: 25.316
S2: 51.583

That now gives me back my green first sector, just, and a tie for D2 lead. Who will end up on top? Or will other drivers come in last minute and topple me and Ollie from the podium..time will tell but the Universe is getting restless again! :nervous:

I'm such an inconsitant driver.. my S1 time is almost .4oo down on my best time.. yet was over .1 up at the line..

0'25.726
0'51.626

@nursemorph.. yeah.. I'm getting the about same speed as you.. 80-90 around that left.. I think what is more important.. is the breaking point for the sharpe left hander at the bottom of the hill.. and keeping up the momentum to the S2 line.. a lot can be lost/gained.. at that bend.. IMHO..

Last edited:
@Andy 0 Very true. One of my earlier laps I was behind my ghost at that apex and crossed the split line 3 tenths up. I'm also very inconsistent so you are not alone there.

Didn't manage to set a quicker lap the rest of this session, even though I was ahead a couple of times at s2...just that my final sector is so much quicker than before that I can't match it...the only way I will be able to likely beat my best lap is if I manage the sector 2 split at or better than my current theoretical best of a .3. Still 2 days to go so plenty of time

Back