GTP_WRS Week 105 : Double Double S

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 154 comments
Really liked this combo, it's a shame that I can't do any more this week.

1:20.100

Good luck everyone in your splits and see you on the next one.

I know Mr Lab Rat has said that we can have 2 wheels on the concrete and 2 on the grass at the chicanes (effectively straight-lining them kind of) but, according to the OP and Gravitron's post on the previous page saying that only tarmac and the concrete rumbles are legal track, means that doing what we are allowed to do is against the rules of the event (as the triangles at the chicanes are all cement)? I'm aware that I'm the only one still confused by this (given nobody else has mentioned it)so I apologise for that (my brain doesn't function very well with all the painkillers I take)

Because this is the only way I can see you getting 2 wheels on the grass at the first chicane, yet the OP says this is not legal:

Ascari Full Track.jpg

Last edited:
I know Mr Lab Rat has said that we can have 2 wheels on the concrete and 2 on the grass at the chicanes (effectively straight-lining them kind of) but, according to the OP and Gravitron's post on the previous page saying that only tarmac and the concrete rumbles are legal track, means that doing what we are allowed to do is against the rules of the event (as the triangles at the chicanes are all cement)? I'm aware that I'm the only one still confused by this (given nobody else has mentioned it)so I apologise for that (my brain doesn't function very well with all the painkillers I take)

Because this is the only way I can see you getting 2 wheels on the grass at the first chicane, yet the OP says this is not legal:

View attachment 505271

Apologies for the confusion. The intent when creating the combo was to have the concrete aprons on both chicanes legal. I've updated the Race Specifics to call these out.

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Concrete rumbles, concrete apron at both chicanes, and tarmac are legal track. 2 tires in the grass is legal.

@Gravitron No worries...and thank you for clearing it up 👍. I did wonder if that had just been an oversight when writing the rules in the OP but just wanted to double check...that's good as it means that I nailed the entry to the first chicane perfectly :lol:

Now I can post my latest splits knowing it's all fine. Have been using TCS 2 for most of my laps due to control difficulties without TCS thanks to X button usge...will try with it set at 1 later as it is a tad too strong on this car, judging by the times I have managed to set (even if there is a huge delay between putting the power down and the car actually responding!!):

S1: 34.734
S2: 1:18.050

For a gain of 4 tenths at the line (and 7 tenths from the previous day's running)

Looks like you have the power in D2 already. :lol: Grab those D1 guys. Great splits. 👍

Thanks! I have no idea what happened...2 days ago I was struggling to get to an 18.5 and then, yesterday, after setting a quick lap with a slower sector 2 split, I suddenly found half a second!! Not sure I'll get much further as my PB split is only a tenth quicker

@schmues_hh Congrats on breaking the 18 barrier 👍 I feel your pain as I was also 3 tenths up on my ghost only to finish half a bonnet length ahead!! Didn't make errors in the final sector but was just slow.

Getting frustrated now..despite gaining a tenth today, I am way off my possible best....my theoretical split is a 17.5 (have seen a .2 first sector once!) but I just can't get the middle sector right...have struggled with it all day before finally getting a decent one on the final lap. Have continued with TCS 2 as I can't control the car enough with less...gives me an advantage in some acceleration zones but hinders me in a lot as well so it balances out overall:

S1: 34.424
S2: 1:17.891

@schmues_hh Congrats on breaking the 18 barrier 👍 I feel your pain as I was also 3 tenths up on my ghost only to finish half a bonnet length ahead!! Didn't make errors in the final sector but was just slow.

Getting frustrated now..despite gaining a tenth today, I am way off my possible best....my theoretical split is a 17.5 (have seen a .2 first sector once!) but I just can't get the middle sector right...have struggled with it all day before finally getting a decent one on the final lap. Have continued with TCS 2 as I can't control the car enough with less...gives me an advantage in some acceleration zones but hinders me in a lot as well so it balances out overall:

S1: 34.424
S2: 1:17.891

I'm on TC 1 and it works quite well, but I think TC 2 works well too with this particular car. The third sector is a mystery to me. Sometimes I nail through it and at the line I lost 4 tenths. Next time I feel quite slow but I gain a few tenths at the line :confused:. Let's see where we stand at the end :).

same here, minor improvement of splits, but significantly better lap

1'19.138

used BB 3/5, but do not really think that this does change much

Thanks!
And i am registered but can't see my name on the leaderbord?

Posting splits is how you get on the leaderboard. A bot pulls the splits from this thread and, within about 15 minutes or so, places them onto the leaderboard.

Posting splits is how you get on the leaderboard. A bot pulls the splits from this thread and, within about 15 minutes or so, places them onto the leaderboard.
Ok. But i readed how to get those splits with advance you know.
But i don't understand well, someone who can explain simple?
you have to pause before the end of S1. But where can you see the time?

Latest Posts

Back