GTP_WRS Week 106 : Monte Clio Infinity

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 105 comments
I noticed lower front/higher rear brake balance helps with getting the car turned in and improve consistency. At least in my case.

Under 19 seconds is almost a rarity. Hope I will change that sooner rather than later.

Is anyone else noticing this same thing as me, so when I view my splits (below) got that for my second run. Then I went back into the time trial just to try a few other things different and the seconds of margine behind when hitting each sector doesn't match up with my current best splits so far. It's weird but here are my splits so far when I viewed my replay. After about 4-5 years of using my GTEYE brake spring I'm starting to notice its wearing out and squeeking when I take my foot off the brake pedal. Time to put in a brand new GTEYE brake spring! Least I got backup springs for my pedals 👍

This combo is so fun and addicting! Still lots of time to find for me now. T2 could knock off another tenth or so as well as T1.

Been out for two weeks, saw this combo and I just had to try. First splits for the week.

BB 4/6

Been pretty inconsistent with the laps, good T1 -> bad T2 or vice versa. Once I get more time to play around with brake balance, I should be able to find a more comfortable setting.

Just had another 30 minute session of learning other lines, this time breaking early for T1 and T7.

Managed to string it together to pummel my previous record!

BB 4/5

I noticed lower front/higher rear brake balance helps with getting the car turned in and improve consistency. At least in my case.

Thanks for the tip, I've now started using 4/6 and gained a few tenths keep going too fast or too slow into the chicane just can't get it just right. Will get another go tomorrow.

Only getting round to posting my new splits can you tell where I made a mistake :lol:

It's all in the second sector for me hope to have another go later.

Is anyone else noticing this same thing as me, so when I view my splits (below) got that for my second run. Then I went back into the time trial just to try a few other things different and the seconds of margine behind when hitting each sector doesn't match up with my current best splits so far. It's weird but here are my splits so far when I viewed my replay.
Yea I've noticed this it's a littile confusing at times you can't tell from the sector time whether you've just matched your time or not.

found another .05 in the final so it's a tenth at the line - curious what you consider perfect up the hill @mistersafeway

you can't tell from the sector time whether you've just matched your time or not.
That's because the game is running at 60 frames per sec so there's a steady shot available every .0.1666666666... sec. Splits in the replay are always the last frame before the real sector time you saw when driving.

Last edited:
That's because the game is running at 60 frames per sec so there's a steady shot available every .0.1666666666... sec. Splits in the replay are always the last frame before the real sector time you saw when driving.
So basically all of our recorded times are actually marginally slower than they actually were?

Back