GTP_WRS Week 106 : Monte Clio Infinity

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 105 comments
At this point I might as well submit my best time. I can't figure out how to gain anymore time on this track, even after turning a ton of laps over the last few days.

At this point I might as well submit my best time. I can't figure out how to gain anymore time on this track, even after turning a ton of laps over the last few days.

I can't give much advice as i am not far ahead of you and am roughly the same in sector 2...there's more time for you to find in sector 1 which is either in turn 1 or entering the s/f straight from the final turn. I was struggling to get into the .5s on sector 1 until I started experimenting with where I applied the throttle in turn 1 and, once I got to .4, i set 5 PB sector 1s in a row...the key is to get on the power before the apex of the corner and just hope you've judged it right so you don't go wide on exit. I apply the brakes at the top of the hill (where the rumble strip starts on the right), release the brakes when the rumble ends, start turning and then apply the thottle and just hope. No idea what apex speeds to aim for as I have no idea off-hand

I follow-up the same strategy as nursemorph - unfortunately with less success ... but anyway.
Decreasing the BB on front has made some difference, but I constantly fail to get a good line and speed in the s-turn in the middle of the 2nd sector.
So I still have hope to catch the one or the other 0.1 over the weekend, but not more than that. A great success would be to get the T2 below 45s ... let's see if BB 4/6 might help with that.

Much slower splits but over a tenth at the line...thanks to finding a load of time in the final sector today (set 6 new PBs for the final sector in 25 laps)..struggled with the first 2 sectors though and only got close to my best s2 split once..did, however, manage to set 2 identical lap times (down to the thousandth) 2 laps apart!!

S1: 18.584
S2: 45.034

Submitting with these splits. T1 was awesome! T2 couldve been a little better but I'm happy with these splits for the week!

Good Luck Everyone! :cheers:

Today's session really was not going that well..managed to get a .3 sector 1 before messing up but generally only got a tenth within my best lap....however, have just set probably one of my best single sectors ever as I pretty much, somehow, nailed sector 2 to go sub 26 for the first time and go over 2 tenths quicker than my PB for that sector and finish the lap over 3 tenths up!!! The best s2 split prior to this was a .69x....have checked the replay twice and still can't believe I did it:

S1: 18.452
S2: 44.335

Back