GTP_WRS Week 108 : Falling Aqua

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 128 comments
wow, this fits the current weather. looing forward to this week's TT. I haven't been able to play much due to life. but man, not gonna miss the first wet GT6 TT.
I honestly find Wet laps interesting

Fun to have a wet TT.. (Aqua on Aqua).. :lol: faster car next time..;).. please.. took a while to get in the groove

0'12.560
0'34.143

Last edited:
Took about a tenth off the last time. Ran an even faster lap than this, buy that one was dirty

Split 1: 12.774
Split 2: 34.374

After 30 laps or so I noticed that the aqua part was missing. Well, I got to know the circuit, it always helps!
After putting myself together, I managed a S2 so-so and an S1 needing urgent improvements.

Changed from a brake bias of 2/5 to 1/5 yesterday and improved lap time by just under a tenth...have seen a .6 and .7 split but neither lap got finished:

S1: 12.518
S2: 33.902

This is a weird combo. The total lap time just seems like a random number not related to what I'm doing behind the wheel.

Found a tenth but don't ask me how I did it.

Yeah, it is a weird one all right...every session I start off about 4-6 tenths off the pace in sector 2 (while being on the pace in s1) but then, after about 9-10 laps or so, I suddenly find the missing time and am back on the pace without, seemingly, doing anything different!!

Finally managed to get a decent split time (courtesy of a much improved PB sector 2), without messing up, to give me just under 3 tenths at the line...now just need to get my first sector better and I might get a decent time:

S1: 12.618
S2: 33.701

The surge in RPM, is that sudden loss of traction to front wheels or what?

Sound like the hybrid system, like the engine kicking on.. ?

May be i can bring some light on the questions about the grip/laptime being irregular, if you are trying to go as fast as possible following a logic racing line you will never improve your time or not the lap you would like, theres no grip on the racing line because of the rain, its hardly noticeable because the car has no gear and the engine turn on and off on the track.

So basicaly you need to find your way around the track while staying away of the racing line. :)

After 124 km, splits are still all over the place.

Gained -not quite- a tenth today. Session terminated.

I could've sworn I did a 33 on S2 during the lap, I guess this is where the live timing's inconsistency comes in :lol:

While I'm not particularly quick, here's a few points that might help those struggling:

1) Try a majorly rear bias brake balance..I have found 1/5 works well as the car already has severe understeer and braking with the front wheels just makes it worse
2) Kerbs can be your friend in certain places to help rotate the car (the first left in sector 2 particularly)
3) Use the brakes as little as possible. The car struggles to turn straight after coming off the brakes so it is better to release the brakes earlier and let the car coast.
4) Get on the power early as it will help the car turn. In sector 2, if you hit the first left turn kerb correctly, then you can get straight on the power and not lift off till the left at the bottom of the hill.
5) Try different lines. As Mike said above, the racing line is not your friend...on a wet track, all the grip is offline so try lines you wouldn't normally think of taking

That's all the advice my limited skillset allows...I'm sure better drivers could come up with more advice. Anyway, hope some of that helps

Edit: Regarding the sudden jump in revs, I am assuming it is a boost as it always happens midway through the rev range regardless of what the car is doing at the time, almost like a turbo kicking in

While I'm not particularly quick, here's a few points that might help those struggling:

1) Try a majorly rear bias brake balance..I have found 1/5 works well as the car already has severe understeer and braking with the front wheels just makes it worse
2) Kerbs can be your friend in certain places to help rotate the car (the first left in sector 2 particularly)
3) Use the brakes as little as possible. The car struggles to turn straight after coming off the brakes so it is better to release the brakes earlier and let the car coast.
4) Get on the power early as it will help the car turn. In sector 2, if you hit the first left turn kerb correctly, then you can get straight on the power and not lift off till the left at the bottom of the hill.
5) Try different lines. As Mike said above, the racing line is not your friend...on a wet track, all the grip is offline so try lines you wouldn't normally think of taking

That's all the advice my limited skillset allows...I'm sure better drivers could come up with more advice. Anyway, hope some of that helps

Edit: Regarding the sudden jump in revs, I am assuming it is a boost as it always happens midway through the rev range regardless of what the car is doing at the time, almost like a turbo kicking in
Oh, I used the racing line.

I wonder how much I could improve if I didn't? :mischievous:

Probably not much, if at all.

I feel I'm going to finish quite high on the leaderboard for this one! :gtpflag:

Although, there's just over five days left until the deadline... :scared:

Back