GTP_WRS Week 108 : Falling Aqua

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 128 comments
@J_Starscream I did write those points for "those who are struggling" :P Despite saying not to use the racing line, I used the racing line for the majority of my lap too!! Sometimes with the understeer in the car, it's difficult to use any other line.

@mike_gt3 I have had the same thing...have had several .5 splits only to find, on replay, that the front wheel was about 6 inches off the kerb into the grass (leaving 3 wheels on the grass) and the game didn't red-lap it!

Wow, thanks for the tips guys.
I'm starting to see some insane split times but no clean lap yet.

Just wondering, are you allowed to cut onto grass as long as two wheels are on the track, white line or rumble strip?

Yes, two wheels need to be touching hard surface (pavement or rumble strip). The rest of the car can be in the grass. The white line doesn't matter.
Thanks, should be able to catch up a little now

Just wondering, are you allowed to cut onto grass as long as two wheels are on the track, white line or rumble strip?

With the series of corners at the end of sector 1 and start of sector 2, you need to cut the corners as much as possible to get a fast lap time and to rotate the car on certain ones..the game will red-lap you if you get all 4 wheels over the kerb so you'll know if you've gone too far...however, the game won't red-lap you if you have 3 wheels on the grass so make sure to double-check the replay to check..I've lost loads of good laps thinking they were fine only to find I had 3 wheels over the grass

Something to be said about brake bias, I guess; a few laps in, 3/4 s off. Set at 1/3.

BB from 1/5 all the way to 1/10 seems to work quite well for me. There isn't much heavy braking required and front wheel grip is precious. Running higher ABS settings seems to help as well, I used ABS 3 and ABS 5 and both felt better than ABS 1.

popped in to check on the times bit surprised I haven't dropped further. Come n guys your faster than this. Have to give this another go on sun.

Pluging Mon's unoffical parity/pack race as well :) should have the room open just after 1900 GMT with the plan to start racing around 1930 GMT. Check out the Parity/Pack racing thread for details might go with the maita.

I guess people just hate the rain :)
I'm from Vancouver so I'm used to it. I'm about 4 tenths from my theoretical best.

I have tried TCS, I'm one of the guys that's not ashamed of using it, especially on FWD cars.
It didn't help, it's faster to let the tires spin a bit. Staying off the racing line has much bigger effect on traction.

Finally able to set a time faster than that one dirty lap I mentioned in my last post. Not sure I can go much faster than this.

Split 1: 12.657
Split 2: 34.124

I would like a moderator to check my lap (As I don't want a strike), which moderator should I send it to?

unfortunatly i deleted my previous session time. i'm without time or patience, so I'll skip this week TT. will participate on the wesneday NA race though.

I would like a moderator to check my lap (As I don't want a strike), which moderator should I send it to?

Mods don't check laps as they, generally, don't have the time (being busy with jobs etc...some, I think, don't even play GT6 anymore but kindly donate their time to help keep the WRS running). It is up to ourselves to ensure that laps we submit are clean and valid. Watch a replay of the lap to check if you are within the rules of the event...if you aren't 100% sure of a particular moment, then you can upload a picture of that particular moment to this thread and mods/other users will give an opinion on whether it is clean or not. Even if you submit a lap that, ultimately, turns out not to be clean, it just means that you won't get a handicap score for that week as the time is not counted....you get a red cross next to your name on the leaderboard for that week but you don't get a strike as such

@epic_apri_39 only managed this slight improvement I couldn't over take you :lol: but I'm right on your bumper.

Using 1/6 BB now but after only just reading @nursemorph 's advice may try 1/5 I think I've been driving this thing all wrong. Although there's no way to tell

Latest Posts

Back