GTP_WRS Week 11 : Sweeping Willow

• Thread starter Argon
  • 443 comments
@Renrag39 I reckon you must be high enough to jump now! Make sure all your webbing is tight.
3........2.......1........JUMP.

2nd. WOW well done!!!!!

Captain Hedgehog, my hero.

:gtpflag:
I'm not getting too comfortable up here but the view is indeed great!
There's plenty of people with far greater talent than me. If I stay top 20 I'll consider myself lucky, just like my lap was tbh.

@BigDawg_1281 Give the videos posted by @Argon and @giznav a look. S2 in giznav's vid helped me massively.

I watched the one giznav posted. I am starting to get better in S2. I think my main problem was the right gear.

I am now climbing the hill in 3rd, staying in 3rd through T4. Shifting up to 4th and staying in 4th through T5. I don't know if it is the right way. I have shaved 2 tenths tho :D

I'm not getting too comfortable up here but the view is indeed great!
There's plenty of people with far greater talent than me. If I stay top 20 I'll consider myself lucky, just like my lap was tbh.
Yeah there is always the ridiculous fast guys who come rolling in Saturday or Sunday and say "Hey, this looks like fun I will give it a try", and by the third lap they are in the top 5, while the rest of us will put 500 to 1000 miles just to get into the top 30. Those fast guys amaze me. :bowdown:

Sport mode was being mean to me, so I put in a longer session than usual and broke my next target. This is about as fast as I can go using AT, so I might use the rest of the week trying to beat my time with MT (not my comfort zone).

I'm surprised at the elevation changes at this circuit. If you leave the game on the race start and setup screen, after a while it takes on a tour of the whole circuit with shots taken from low down at track level and up to eye level. It looks as though if you were to stand up near the round house (as I call it) at the high point of the track, you can see the WHOLE circuit. Take binoculars and you could see every piece of action. I doubt there many, if any other tracks with this amount of circuit coverage. Some of you guys have been there and although at first it looks a little exposed and barren, in fact I now think this track has much more appeal than I first thought.

Luvly!!

Oh, by the way, isn't the sand slippery. If you go off road it's difficult, if not near impossible, to turn the car and head back to track. So if you like to continue the lap even though dirty, make sure you leave the: Race settings/Penalty settings/Replace cars when they leave the track, at ON. Car is replaced in just a few seconds whereas, if you turn it off you could be "out in the desert with a horse with no name" for days.

:gtpflag:

I'm starting to worry that these corner workers are going to come after me eventually. Especially the one to the right when you come down the hill. I have lost the rearend and hit that guy more times than I can count! Oh @Argon what have you done to me...? I am having fun! Just not doing as well as I hoped

Had another go at this...well couldn’t resist really :D

Marginally better S1 and S2 with improvement in S3 also. Need to sort out the last corner before the main straight. If my line isn’t quite right it can feel pretty bogged down in 5th. Then you watch as the section timer changes from blue to red down what seems to be the longest straight...

Watched the track guides, which seemed to help some, just need to cleanup my sector 2 braking points and lines. Not hitting the correct apex for I believe turn 5 the tight right hand second gear corner in sector 2.

Maybe another few tenths in it for me, maybe. My overall lap times are very consistent.

OK, I goofed...new splits, this time with all of the settings sets to default as the event wants.

I've actually set the old lap time I submitted as the benchmark for me to beat. Which means I can get rid of almost 3 tenths throughout the lap by Monday evening. T1 needs more work than I thought, but my T2 and T3 appear to be acceptable by my standards for now.

. Not hitting the correct apex for I believe turn 5 the tight right hand second gear corner in sector 2.
I wouldn't recommend 2nd gear. 3rd for the up hill in sector 2 shift to 4th as soon as you make your turn downhill and shift to 5th at the top of the knoll. And watch your speeds increase.
This car has awesome torque at low rpm's. I do all my shifting at 6250rpm.

I’m enjoying this sooo much!
Sorry @Never2fast1 you may have heard my footsteps coming but I was going too fast when I passed you to stop & say hello :lol::lol::lol:

I’m sure I can find another few hundredths to take off with a bit more practice

Congrats! :bowdown:

I wouldn't get too comfortable ahead of me though. :D

I didn't get to run very long last night, house being inspected today, had to "tidy" things up. Only put in about 15 laps, but in those 15 laps I was getting 22.3xxx and 22.4xx consistently. Even saw two 22.2xx:scared: in S1.

My downfall is S2, was playing around with gearing, found somehow 4th was working better than 3rd, but still had lots of off's in that section. Had one lap were I was about .7 and climbing in front of my best lap, and I pushed it too hard on that finally corner, the tires on left side hit dirt and I went a spinning at 150mph. In real life I think I would have been dead. I was so mad I shut it off and went to bed, it was also 12:30am so was tired to.

You will now have to listen to for my footsteps, but I will be nice and stop by and say hi. :lol:

Congrats! :bowdown:

I wouldn't get too comfortable ahead of me though. :D

You will now have to listen to for my footsteps, but I will be nice and stop by and say hi. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I’m sure it won’t be long until you’re ahead of me again as usual! I’m way behind in my milage on this one too. I’ve only done about 250 Miles so far usually by Wednesday I’m up to about 450/500.
There are a couple of places I can see to make up a bit of time but I’m fairly certain I won’t be getting much faster

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I’m sure it won’t be long until you’re ahead of me again as usual! I’m way behind in my milage on this one too. I’ve only done about 250 Miles so far usually by Wednesday I’m up to about 450/500.
There are a couple of places I can see to make up a bit of time but I’m fairly certain I won’t be getting much faster

Not so sure, your .9 in front of me, that is a lot, but if I get a long session in I may be able to get lucky and string all my low times together one lap and get near you.

Struggling on the road, so decided to paint the sheets a bit ^^
4693328124180464648_0.jpg

4827873163585029120_0.jpg

4683753585446519808_0.jpg

4828431715422732296_0.jpg

Back