GTP_WRS Week 120 : Trial Time! SH-II

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 113 comments
If I could stop mis-typing my split times and ruining the leader board that'd be great... :dunce: (Although I wouldn't mind a 20.0!)

@PASM - It's the right balance, rewards skill and bravery, not so easy that you can jump to 100% throttle and live to talk about it but not so hard you feel as if you need a miracle to nail a good lap.
@steven - Just be careful that its not the Pastor Maldonado type of "biggest balls" where you crash a whole bunch but don't really learn anything from doing it. Seriously though I've found it to be a tough corner to consistently get right and an easy location to lose 1-2 tenths.
@randy1122 - Yeah, it took a 2 hour movie like sequence starring Jack Black and a guru with hypnotic powers to find the inner beauty, but we got there. Very interested to see how far you can take it from here.

My slower initial sectors are still on the board so I'm putting these updated ones in again. (These are the ones Fetchy has the replay for.)

@StigsTC thanks for the kind words! It is possible to make the car twitch into the turns, especially the direction changes, with DS3. I've driven a lot of FF with about 300bhp around Deep Forest in recent weeks in another club.

That lap was more luck than judgement, I have to confess. :lol: Haven't tried again since.

Last edited:
Starting up. I did a lot of laps in the Audi here, so that ever since I've had some idea about the track.

1'00.752

BB 3/10

For those who might find it usefull my t1 video. I know it's nowhere near perfect but it should give some of you guys an idea.

Also I dug up the replay from WRS Week 11: Vorsprung Durch Picknick. Since there was only a T1 video on YouTube I captured that one aswell. Happy huntin' y'all :P

edit:
All video's are live now

Last edited:
1'00.752

BB 3/10

For those who might find it usefull my t1 video. I know it's nowhere near perfect but it should give some of you guys an idea.

Also I dug up the replay from WRS Week 11: Vorsprung Durch Picknick. Since there was only a T1 video on YouTube I captured that one aswell. Happy huntin' y'all :P

(This one can take a while before it's online, since it needs to be processed by YouTube)

Its been a day since I uploaded that second vid youtube still shows it in qeue. Now I'm done waiting I'll render and upload it myself. expect it somewhere in the oncomming hour.

edit:

Here it finally is

Last edited:
Whoops...

(sorry for the crappy audio)

UPDATE:

Splits time!

1:00.766

(and I thought this was a killer lap... back to TT'ing...)

Your not alone @Mike458! I've been on my lid at least 10 times through that section but was too lazy (and slightly embarrassed) to bother posting the pics.

Sometimes I think I'm better suited for the (late, RIP) Joie Chitwood Thrill Show than Time Trials. :lol:

I don't quote know what it is, but something inside me drives heaps better when dinner is almost finished cooking. Once again "on the stroke of dinner" suddenly I'm driving well and have improved my laptime.

Absolutely chuffed with that, I thought @Meister Fetz had dropped the mic on us with those splits and blown me away completely. Still hanging in there woo!

I think I am losing almost all of my time at the beginning of sector 2. I have 5 saved laps with a t1 of 28.01x. But I now can't get below 61 for the second. My last sector is okay, not stellar, but should be there abouts, but I am losing a second in the middle.

The corner before the big Hill, that seems to be right on the crossover of 3rd and 4th gear. Is that about right? I imagine that I could be losing time on the uphill drag.

I normally am happy with my laps, and gradually get quicker over the week. I love seeing the replays to see where I can improve, but I am usually pleased with how I have done. This week, I am happy with sector 1, and angry with myself about the second. I can't see how to do it.

Am I likely to be demoted with a shocking time?

I think I am losing almost all of my time at the beginning of sector 2. I have 5 saved laps with a t1 of 28.01x. But I now can't get below 61 for the second. My last sector is okay, not stellar, but should be there abouts, but I am losing a second in the middle.

The corner before the big Hill, that seems to be right on the crossover of 3rd and 4th gear. Is that about right? I imagine that I could be losing time on the uphill drag.

I normally am happy with my laps, and gradually get quicker over the week. I love seeing the replays to see where I can improve, but I am usually pleased with how I have done. This week, I am happy with sector 1, and angry with myself about the second. I can't see how to do it.

Am I likely to be demoted with a shocking time?

You don't get demoted

In which case, I will look forward to bringing up the rear. Hopefully next week, we get one I can actually do ;)

If your talking about the dip after the second tunnel I stay in 3rd thru the dip until the rpm's settle out before I shift to 4th.

Back