GTP_WRS Week 120 : Trial Time! SH-II

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 113 comments
Unfortunately I didn't have to time to do another run this week. However...
68321922.jpg

Literally cannot get the car to go any faster. No idea how you top guys are pulling nearly half a second on me in the second sector. :confused::confused::confused:

Submitted and accepted knowing the fact I probably won't be in the top 10 this week. :nervous:

Bonzai run commencing
Just a heads up, bonzai (spelled bonsai) is the Japanese art of growing trees in tiny little containers but keeping then proportioned correctly.
The word you want is "Banzai" - in reference to a Banzai charge, "a last, desperate military charge" - making it applicable to last minute laps or super late braking to affect overtaking.
Speaking of banzai laps however...

I traded 0.06 in sector 1 for the 0.10 in sector 2 and as a bonus it was a 59!!!!! Only seen ONE other 59 at S2, and couldn't believe when I looked behind to check the ghost and it was still actually behind me. Not a perfect lap but I'll happily take a completed lap only 0.119 off my best sectors.
Margin is still super tight with half a tenth in it, especially now Doodle has shown up and caused the biggest brown pants moment of the TT.

Just a heads up, bonzai (spelled bonsai) is the Japanese art of growing trees in tiny little containers but keeping then proportioned correctly.
The word you want is "Banzai" - in reference to a Banzai charge, "a last, desperate military charge" - making it applicable to last minute laps or super late braking to affect overtaking.
Speaking of banzai laps however...

I traded 0.06 in sector 1 for the 0.10 in sector 2 and as a bonus it was a 59!!!!! Only seen ONE other 59 at S2, and couldn't believe when I looked behind to check the ghost and it was still actually behind me. Not a perfect lap but I'll happily take a completed lap only 0.119 off my best sectors.
Margin is still super tight with half a tenth in it, especially now Doodle has shown up and caused the biggest brown pants moment of the TT.

submitted and accepted with splits on the board. good luck all and thanks for the knowledge

Nice win and lap @StigsTC. Honestly I turned on my PS3 for the first time in maybe two weeks just to try out my new rim. The last thing I expected was a competitive lap in this Time Trial. :lol:

If only I picked this up a day earlier... :P

Jesus I was right about those last sectors, WOW. That last session really mattered, old splits would have only just edged out @Doodle and been well massively short on @Meister Fetz.
Ecstatic to get the job done there right at the end, and Doodle you are correct, if you'd put more than 45 minutes into this we'd have been loooong gone.
Great final split MeisterFetz, I knew you had a good one but I was not prepared for it to be THAT good.
Also nice time @MadMax - top of the leader board suddenly looking rather full.

Well, great stuff me for waiting until the very last second to submit a time... hook up my PC and PCARS... and then fail to submit the time because I couldn't change back to the PS3 quick enough. GG.

Back