GTP_WRS Week 120 : Trial Time! SH-II

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 113 comments
1:00.692

The final turn is making me 🤬 myself :nervous:

The concrete bit in T1 is SO DAMN ANNOYING... Flick the car into the final turn with about 15-20% brakes, works really well.

Also for anyone interested, this is what I'm (attempting) to shave tenths off to:

Last edited:
Improvement (not really)!

1:00.700

Yep. Exactly same splits (for T2). WTF.

TRIAL. CAN I HAS SOME GRIP PLS?!

1'00.100
Ok now I'm REALLY worried about that last sector... but I totally approve of that time to Split 2 👍

TRIAL. CAN I HAS SOME GRIP PLS?!
It is rather an interesting car, if you are calm and gentle it'll go around any corner quite well, its just asking it to change direction or turn in suddenly that you notice the SH tyres have little grip. Honestly surprised how well balanced and behaved the car is.

What BB are you pros running? I've never been good here, and I'm trying to learn the track.

BB: 5 / 5 <------- lol

What BB are you pros running? I've never been good here, and I'm trying to learn the track.

BB: 5 / 5 <------- lol

@Vitessekid

7/5 was recommended in this post from early in the week (don't recall anyone using anything different)

@StigsTC You have to accept the FF for what it is and adjust for it. There's 2 things I know,it's going to understeer on entry and exit and theres going to be wheel spin..

Run a higher front brake bias to shift more weight to the front im runn 7/5..?for eample,on exit of the 2nd tunnel tap the brakes to shift the weight back to the front so you'll have more grip on that annoying dip,a little wider entry helps to adjust for the understeer on exit. And easy on the throttle on exit, it's going to spin,knowing that and a wider entry allow for the car to push wide on exit. Their enjoyable to me because I know what it's going to do,everytime.
Nice thing about this car is that it has some throttle release oversteer when your steering angle is right.

Now ,help me understand why the front of this car seems like it bounces around to me.

Submitted and accepted at 23:59... talk about a close shave.

I've been busy all week and only had about 30 mins to have a go so my lap is going to be shoddy lol.

Nailed the first sector but I can't seem to reproduce the magic sector 2 that subsequently stalled my laptimes. Didn't really get all of the last sector to only inch forward. so it is going to be ridiculously close at the line, but I suspect if @Meister Fetz was doing 59s and not improving he's going to be quicker in S3 to take the win. T'was a good battle, I have far surpassed what I thought I was capable of in this car/track combo and all I can do is hope it is enough.
Good luck to all those putting in their last runs, been a rather fun week. 👍

Put in a 1 hour continuous session and found a bit of time!

Pleased with final sector. In theory I should be 0.1s faster because of this mediocre sector 1. Did see one time under 28 seconds, so maybe even 0.2s faster would have been possible!

This lap had my best drive through most of the the key turns. No real mistakes. That made it the fastest overall. And no doubt about being clean. Some of the others I did were borderline.

Last edited:
Back